J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

on 5/15/2014 1:47:00 PM

This was my first perfume ever and it's just a go to. It's clean, fresh, musky, and close to the skin fragrance. Men love it.

on 11/9/2013 10:21:00 AM

I have re-bought this probably seven times. I love it. So light and feminine. Everyone asks me what I'm wearing, and I get embarrassed to tell them. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes, or get tired of them. I've had all the expensive brands and never finish them. This is my go to. Smells like the body oil spring rain.

Well, I wore this when I was 17 and I loved it then, I grew a little and grew away from it, then about a week ago I had an itch to go out and buy it again! and I got a big bottle and I am in love all over again, very fresh, very clean and just lovely all around. It doesn't take much at all for it last all day on me! It smells like a high end fragrance to me nothing cheap about it! I love the bottle as well, it is so pretty. I appreciate jlo's taste in most fragrances for I think her and jessica simpson have the most input on what they want to make and I feel like that is important with a brand. I will never let you go again glow!

on 1/6/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my go to perfume, especially during summer. My sister says I always smell juicy!
I wouldn't say it's a simple fragrance, as I find it surprisingly contradictory. It's fruity, fun, fresh and innocent on one hand, but on the other hand it also has a soft floral sensuality about it.
Glow is one of the few scents however that doesn't morph into something else on me, the dry down is almost the same as when I first put it on. I like the fact is lasts all day and the silage is quite spectacular.
I've been wearing Glow for years and I always receive compliments. I love it :D
Notes of orange, grapefruit, vanilla, musk, orris, jasmine, and iris.

This is my only celebrity and my only cheap-range perfume I wholeheartedly love and recommend. I tried this one out when it was first released. Memories of this time are quite sweet - I used the sample in my first spring as a student. I remembered the scent favorably for the 10 years later, but somehow as a young adult, I was over drugstore brands of makeup and especially over celebrity fragrances. I'd had my fair share of gifted Gabriela Sabatini and Naomi Campbell scents.

Recently, I rediscovered this one. Somehow, curiosity for it had remained. I now know better what I like compared with then - fresh, citrusy, but also "clean" and slightly powdery scents. The former, I have a few favorites (DKNY woman, some of the Hermes Jardin range, Armani Code for winter), the latter I have not found my perfect scent. I think this affordable perfume is it!

Trying it out and seeing how long it lasted compared with my high end perfumes sold me on it. It starts off very sharp, a bit uncomfortable. It mellows down to a very lovely fresh, powdery, just showered but better scent. And it lasts forever - perfumes last very badly on me, this one I get small glimpses of around 8 hrs after putting it on! Never happens to me with any other perfume. It's love :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JLo Glow is a refreshing, light, delicate floral that's become a frequent flier in my perfume wardrobe. It is a nice change from oriental, fruity-floral, and chypre scents, possessing the same soapy-shower-clean vibe as Lauder's Pleasures or Lancome's Miracle. But it is not stridently soapy or astringent in the least. The pink grapefruit and orange blossom give the right amount of sharpness in the opening, and they quickly mellow to reveal roses, lilies, and soft spring rain. I agree with those who note similarities between Glow and "China Rain" fragrance oils. There's definitely a white-musk base going on here. I don't smell the sandalwood or vanilla at all. It's just easy to wear, whether I'm dressed up or down, and it suits my chemistry very well. One caveat, do NOT over-apply! This wears more like an EDP than an EDT-- two to three sprays is plenty, and you'll get all-day wear. More than that, and you'll get all-day migraines.

This is my go-to everyday scent. It has a certain mildness to it that reminds me of fabric softener and it wears extremely long too. I like to spray it on my scarves, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. as it lasts for more than 2-3 days. This is the only time I'll probably ever say this but nice job, J.Lo!

Popular Fragrances