J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

Dear Ms. Lopez,
I've never cared too much for your acting skills or your music. In fact I find you to be down right annoying at times. I think Ben married the right 'jen' as I find you too be too much of a diva and kind of fake...fake hair color, fake tan...nonetheless, I can recognize a nice scent when I smell it. And you did a good job here, or your fragrance team, etc. The price is reasonable and the lasting power is great. It smells soapy, floral, clean, slightly vanillic and powdery. Great for office wear or a casual environment. Used with a light hand this is rather inoffensive and very nice. Especially for the price point and especially if you get a gift set around christmas that usually costs around 29 dollars at rite aid, cvs, etc. The bottle and rinestone bling is kind of tacky, but the juice is good! You did good here jen, now your personal life with men...that's a different story. Lol

Sincerely,

VIA

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

on 3/14/2006 6:17:00 PM

I have been trying to find just a clean scent for everyday wear. I seem to get bored with a scent after a while and cant resist getting into another. I tried this at Sephora and I have to admit it smells great. My husband even liked it which is saying alot. I have made the man smell just about every scent on the planet at one point or another. But I have to admit I didnt even consider buying it because of the J.Lo name. Unlike many here I think Jennifer Lopez is a pretty decent actress. Like her or not you have to admire her drive and success. I dont think she is the "Jenny from the block" she claims to be anymore. I am sure the money has changed that. My point being is I have no problem with J.Lo at all. Yet I was totally uninterested in buying a perfume with her name on it or any celeb for that matter. I finally decided that what name is on the bottle doesnt really matter as long as whats in the bottle works for me. Wow..what a revelation. I think Glow is clean and very girly. I dont get the roses scent on me. Its a bit powdery. Very soft and fresh smelling. For some reason men seem to love it. The price is great. So I am going for it. I have to say that I really am disappointed that alot of the reviews here about this fragrance had little or nothing to do with the scent. I suppose I did wander off into J.Lo land as well. But I think some of the reviews here were just unhelpful and nasty. I didnt realize that MUA was a celeb bashing blog. I hate to see women being so mean and jealous like that. It really plays into what alot of people think women are like to each other. Thats sad. Why are we never just happy for someone who has somehow lifted themselves up. Come on..isnt that what we all want for ourselves and for our children. Always working hard and reaching for goals. If this scent had a different name on it I really think it would be a hit. You know..if it were called Grace something or something unique without any celeb attachment to it. Oh well..hope that those of us who do love it will be heard and they make it for a long, long time. Because this scent really is very soft and classic. Give it a try and just forget the name attached. I eventually did !! :) EDIT: Pretty clean scent. Just not special enough to hold my attention. Took off a lippie for being sort of boring.

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay..I'm a silly perfume snob! Its taken me years to spray a 'celeb' fragrance! On a recent holiday to Spain sprizted J.Lo Glow on my arm....within 5 seconds smitten kitten!!!! love,love,love this fragrance its abs beautiful so soft and fresh, so abs had to buy a botte...biggest one I ..sorry hubby could buy!..Will def buy again...for me its a feel good fragrance ..after showering and moisturising, then a good spritz of glow before dressing ...I feel clean and fresh all day long ..highly recommend this fragrance.
Edit 25/10/2011...I am now on my 4th bottle of Glow ....in the space of 6 months!!!!! use it every morning & evening after showering & spray my pillow and bed linen with it ...love it so much,,,it totaly cheers & uplifts me..
Edit 01/05/2012...just ordered 2 new bottles of Glow ....to say I love this fragrance is an understatement ....Its all down to skin chemistry & luckily for me this smells abs beautiful on me & its one of the very few out of my 200+ bottles that I can actually spray onto my skin ..even on my neck without any adverse effects ...headaches etc...

on 6/8/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This is a perfume I really like. I'm 56 years old and this perfume reminds me of expensive scented bath soap I might have used years ago. It really does give you a fresh, out of the shower scent that is quite strong and long lasting. Doesn't disappear shortly after spraying it on. It reminds me slightly of another scent I own, Fleur de Rocaille by Caron. But I have to say I like this one better. I find this to be very pleasant and clean smelling. Very wearable. Not overpowering. Very easily could be someone's signature scent. I'm sure this was not originally marketed to my age group but I love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking at fragrance reviews in general and I must say I was shocked and almost hurt that this rated so low. I have worn it a couple times and I really love it. The main thing I want to say is my sister wears it all the time and has for years and I have to say, I think it smells wonderful on her, too. I cannot imagine how anyone wouldn't at least say it was decent. It is very light and clean. Very non offensive. Like reviewer below says - like honeysuckle after a rain.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JLo Glow is a refreshing, light, delicate floral that's become a frequent flier in my perfume wardrobe. It is a nice change from oriental, fruity-floral, and chypre scents, possessing the same soapy-shower-clean vibe as Lauder's Pleasures or Lancome's Miracle. But it is not stridently soapy or astringent in the least. The pink grapefruit and orange blossom give the right amount of sharpness in the opening, and they quickly mellow to reveal roses, lilies, and soft spring rain. I agree with those who note similarities between Glow and "China Rain" fragrance oils. There's definitely a white-musk base going on here. I don't smell the sandalwood or vanilla at all. It's just easy to wear, whether I'm dressed up or down, and it suits my chemistry very well. One caveat, do NOT over-apply! This wears more like an EDP than an EDT-- two to three sprays is plenty, and you'll get all-day wear. More than that, and you'll get all-day migraines.

on 7/15/2008 1:18:00 PM

My uncle has an Colorado potato beetle spray - an insecticide. It smells exactly like Glow.

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 1/5/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I still cringe every time I see the bottle - the smell seems to be burnt into my mind. To me this smells very synthetic, plastic, newly sharpened pencils and laundry detergent with a little flower on top. Very crisp and clean, but not in a good way - the mental image I get when smelling this is an office with only women. They are all very cold (personality-wise), walking back and forth, not looking at he sides, quite unfriendly...