J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

Dear Ms. Lopez,
I've never cared too much for your acting skills or your music. In fact I find you to be down right annoying at times. I think Ben married the right 'jen' as I find you too be too much of a diva and kind of fake...fake hair color, fake tan...nonetheless, I can recognize a nice scent when I smell it. And you did a good job here, or your fragrance team, etc. The price is reasonable and the lasting power is great. It smells soapy, floral, clean, slightly vanillic and powdery. Great for office wear or a casual environment. Used with a light hand this is rather inoffensive and very nice. Especially for the price point and especially if you get a gift set around christmas that usually costs around 29 dollars at rite aid, cvs, etc. The bottle and rinestone bling is kind of tacky, but the juice is good! You did good here jen, now your personal life with men...that's a different story. Lol

Sincerely,

VIA

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

on 3/14/2006 6:17:00 PM

I have been trying to find just a clean scent for everyday wear. I seem to get bored with a scent after a while and cant resist getting into another. I tried this at Sephora and I have to admit it smells great. My husband even liked it which is saying alot. I have made the man smell just about every scent on the planet at one point or another. But I have to admit I didnt even consider buying it because of the J.Lo name. Unlike many here I think Jennifer Lopez is a pretty decent actress. Like her or not you have to admire her drive and success. I dont think she is the "Jenny from the block" she claims to be anymore. I am sure the money has changed that. My point being is I have no problem with J.Lo at all. Yet I was totally uninterested in buying a perfume with her name on it or any celeb for that matter. I finally decided that what name is on the bottle doesnt really matter as long as whats in the bottle works for me. Wow..what a revelation. I think Glow is clean and very girly. I dont get the roses scent on me. Its a bit powdery. Very soft and fresh smelling. For some reason men seem to love it. The price is great. So I am going for it. I have to say that I really am disappointed that alot of the reviews here about this fragrance had little or nothing to do with the scent. I suppose I did wander off into J.Lo land as well. But I think some of the reviews here were just unhelpful and nasty. I didnt realize that MUA was a celeb bashing blog. I hate to see women being so mean and jealous like that. It really plays into what alot of people think women are like to each other. Thats sad. Why are we never just happy for someone who has somehow lifted themselves up. Come on..isnt that what we all want for ourselves and for our children. Always working hard and reaching for goals. If this scent had a different name on it I really think it would be a hit. You know..if it were called Grace something or something unique without any celeb attachment to it. Oh well..hope that those of us who do love it will be heard and they make it for a long, long time. Because this scent really is very soft and classic. Give it a try and just forget the name attached. I eventually did !! :) EDIT: Pretty clean scent. Just not special enough to hold my attention. Took off a lippie for being sort of boring.

Don't get me wrong... I hate JLo with a passion but this perfume is awesome. A co-worker of mine greeted me after a long absence; "WOW! You smell fantastic.." he could not stop raving about it. (Much to his embarrassment as well, he is happily married (as am I) and everyone was making fun of him, as the new member of our team thought we were married!! (because he could not stop smelling my perfume and she was so confused!)
BTW, I have never gotten a compliment like that from a co-worker on any of my other scents. THIS is the quinti-SCENT-ial office perfume. (sorry bad pun)
This is sexy in the way a young girl can be. when i wear it, I smell fresh all day long. It is a glorified Dove soap smell... what's wrong with smelling like that? Oh, and if I worked in a non-perfume office environment, I bet I could sneakily get away with wearing this... it smells like clean freshness... NOT perfume.
Just rip off the fugly JLO chain and you have a gorgeous wonderful perfume.

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay..I'm a silly perfume snob! Its taken me years to spray a 'celeb' fragrance! On a recent holiday to Spain sprizted J.Lo Glow on my arm....within 5 seconds smitten kitten!!!! love,love,love this fragrance its abs beautiful so soft and fresh, so abs had to buy a botte...biggest one I ..sorry hubby could buy!..Will def buy again...for me its a feel good fragrance ..after showering and moisturising, then a good spritz of glow before dressing ...I feel clean and fresh all day long ..highly recommend this fragrance.
Edit 25/10/2011...I am now on my 4th bottle of Glow ....in the space of 6 months!!!!! use it every morning & evening after showering & spray my pillow and bed linen with it ...love it so much,,,it totaly cheers & uplifts me..
Edit 01/05/2012...just ordered 2 new bottles of Glow ....to say I love this fragrance is an understatement ....Its all down to skin chemistry & luckily for me this smells abs beautiful on me & its one of the very few out of my 200+ bottles that I can actually spray onto my skin ..even on my neck without any adverse effects ...headaches etc...

Overall rating- 5 lippies.

Price- 5 lippies. I am sorry but this is expensive, at least in Sweden. For a 30 ml EDT, it kinda burns a hole in your pocket if you're on a student budget.

Packaging quality- 4 lippies. This is what CK one's packaging would look if it were 'a girly girl' :) i like the frosted glass, and the shape, but i hate the tacky J.Lo chain. ripped it off asap.

would i buy it- hell yes.

I love this scent because it smells like lilies, as in lily of the valley. plain and simple.

it's clean, demure, fresh yet floral in a 'strong' way, not overpowering at all. it doesn't smell like 'old lady' flowers, strong roses or patchouli. not to mention this fragrance is the first celebrity fragrance I've tested that doesn't smell like shampoo, bubblegum or blueberry juice leftovers.

J.Lo really surprised me, more than i managed to surprise myself taking into account this fragrance has been around since the early 2000's and i never even bothered to sniff it- due to the aforementioned celebrity fragrance prejudice. silly me.

No celebrity fragrance will be as special and classy as this one. you can swing it for anything for that matter, since it doesn't have that pungent, sugary scent of anything 'famous' that's currently available on the market. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Britney, Paris, Christina, Jessica, Eva Longoria, whatever else you can think of, they ALL either smell bad or identical, sometimes both. not this one. however, all of the other Glow versions smell EXACTLY like Paris' perfumes...or anyone else's for that matter. they smell like fading patchouli (LA Glow), shampoo and flowers (Miami Glow) and something indescribable (Night Glow or after dark or something like that). eew.

i'm not good at describing scents but the first note i felt was a fresh, clean (almost 'cold') laundry scent, immediately followed by an orchestra of white- lily of the valley, that is. with a tiny tiny hint of honey, i'd say, but it can be felt only hours after the application, and at close sniff- so i'd say this would be the bottom note.

I will continue purchasing this because, funnily enough, i haven't found anything on the market, not even high-end, to have the lily of the valley perfume. maybe it's just me, but i love the scent and i think it can be a successful daytime scent as well as a classy yet sexy (very youthful...) nighttime scent. if you don't wanna splurge on some high-end fragrance yet want something that's worth the $, go for this one, ladies.

and no, i definitely do not think it smells like laundry detergent or Dove soap. but well, we're all different so i can't say i am the one who knows what this smells like. what i can be sure about is that this perfume deserves to be tested.

on 10/31/2011 7:35:00 PM

First, for years I was anosmic to Glow, so I'm going to offer a warning here as a public service: DO NOT OVERSPRAY!!! Just Don't Do It!!!

Glow has some musk components that are among the most common for anosmia -- inability to smell. I would literally drench my arm in this, put my nose half an inch away, and smell only a vague suntan lotion scent. Then one day did my usual "what's all the fuss about?" spritz as I passed it on the fragrance counter, and BABAMMM! This very huge sillage Egyptian musk/lily scent.

Glow is a beautiful, soapy, your-skin-but-better Egyptian musk with lily of the valley and rose heart notes. In the base there's delicate vanillic notes that warm it up in a truly subtle way. Glow also has killer sillage that lasts for hours. UNDERSPRAY. Glow is lovely under or over fragrances to warm or clean them up, has nice extendor products, and is really beautifully made. It is very close to the TerraNova products and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were influenced by them; however Glow has more vanilla in the base to my nose.

This is a great scent for bedtime, or when you don't want to smell like you're wearing perfume, or for the office. I always enjoy wearing it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Well, hello! I had some idea about what Glow would smell like clean, musky, something like something called China Rain, which Ive never come across in the UK, but which I imagined smells like modern aldehydes, cheap ozone, crushed white petals and baby musk. Finally, many years after its release, I sampled Glow, and its just how I imagined it would be only quite significantly better. Whats more, I dont recognise it, so I surmise it isnt the staple in the tweenies-to-twenties clan in the UK that it is alleged to be in the US. I actually think a grown woman could wear this and come across as elegant and tasteful. If your two favourite fragrances were Glow and Donna Karans Cashmere Mist, I actually think you would get compliments galore. And how it stays around! Monster sillage.
Not really my thing for a signature scent, but then, I dont really have one, preferring instead to have a whole fragrance menu. Sometimes, this would be quite a thrill to sport, though somehow, touchingly cheap and disposably feminine.

on 8/24/2011 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I smelled this on someone and had to ask what it was cause I'd spent ages thinking, everytime she walks in this room she smells so clean and soapy and just lovely. To me, it has a clean, fresh soapy smell....just someone who is clean and really lovely smelling. I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

Popular Fragrances