J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.9

on 9/4/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wonderful CLEAN skin scent ~ I realize this came out ages ago but I was searching for a soft neutral daytime fragrance and this is so underrated! I wanted a powdery fresh soapy scent and this J.Lo Glow definitely fits into that category. Upon the initial spray this is quite a dry sunscreen beachy kind of vibe at first - which I LOVE - and on the dry down it goes straight to a clean cotton fabric softener scent. If you like the CLEAN brand or Philosophy "Graces" type of fragrances try this one out as its still around and is a little less expensive than those.You can purchase the 3.4 oz for around $20. If you are sensitive to strong fragrances like I am this is quite neutral and doesn't overwhelm. I think its fantastic and has moderate longevity and I would definitely repurchase this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

JLo's stuff for me is always so hit and miss, and this one was a miss for me.
I bought this years ago and did not care for it then, so it sat in the back of my perfume stash until recently. Remembered why I did not care for it.

I remember this being kind of popular with the 20-somethings when it first came out, and I bought it bc I smelled it on a girl whom it smelled lovely on. I don't know if her scent was mixed with something else, but this is truly nothing special, and imho does not merit the price tag (sorry JLo and fans). To me, this actually smells similar to those knockoff perfumes 'If you like blah-blah perfume, you will love this!'--cheap and tacky (again, sorry).

Add in the cap is pretty tacky and cheap..no thanks. The bottle is somewhat pretty, but to me, give me a prettier smelling fragrance over a pretty bottle (and no, the bottle is not that special, either, but somewhat pretty).

I am not good at describing notes, all I can say is to me, this smells like a drugstore perfume. Way overpriced. JMO, obviously it's been around a while, so there are folks who do like it. To each their own. ;)

One final note, this lasts about 3 hours on me, which is not terrible, but for this being a more pricey fragrance (buy it in a set if you can, pretty good deals then!), I just feel it should last longer than just a few short hours. I will say dry-down smells pretty much the same as when first applied, so there is that. I rarely spray scents directly on my skin, I often spray them after I am completely dressed and 'walk' into the fragrance (spraying 2 or more times for weaker fragrances or scents that do not last long), so I can't really say my body chemistry alters this fragrance. Besides, even spraying this randomly in the air, I just do not care for it.

Bummer bc for some reason I really wanted to like this, even back then when it first came out (and no, I am not a JLo fan, nor do I dislike her).

It's a little funny, bc on fragrance.net, the notes are listed as "flowers, fruit and amber with vanilla make this clean, alluring scent"--all of which would make me think I would love this fragrance, but I detect none of that, which is sad, bc that description is exactly the type of fragrance I love. It is also listed as being best for daytime. Mehhh, to me it screams something I would think you would smell in a bordello (sorry, jmho)...

Even when this was brand-new, it had an odd scent, I should have returned it. When I pulled this out again recently, I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, but I then recently tested it in the department store again recently, and it smelled the same as the bottle I had at home (which was bought at the same department store I tested it at).

The price seems to have dropped since I first bought it years ago. Or maybe I just do not get sticker shock like I used to when I was younger. *shrug*

Thank goodness there are no shortage of perfumes out there!!!
I think I will be donating this to a friend or neighbor who might like this scent.

on 3/4/2013 1:14:00 PM

I would say this is a modern interpretation of White Shoulders. It was a blind buy based on Luca Turin's review. It's a simple, clean white floral. It sparkles with my body chemistry. It is something I could wear everyday, for nearly every occasion. It takes about 15 minutes to develop fully on my skin and doesn't change much after that. It reminds me of another time...old school glamour. I crave this fragrance. It lifts my spirits and makes me happy.

on 8/8/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have to agree with the other reviewers that I wear Glow because it has a clean, soapy smell and makes me feel clean all day. I especially like to wear it during the summer. Even if I have been sweating a little, I still smell like I just showered. Also, I have received more compliments on this than any other perfume I wear. So, I guess it goes with my body chemistry. The funny thing is I could not stand it when I first bought it and I let the bottle just sit on my dresser for nearly half a year, then I started using it more and more and it has become one of my favorite perfumes that I will keep for use.

on 6/17/2012 12:35:00 PM

What can I say, this is my most complimented on fragrance. it smells clean and soapy and like another reviewer I detect Lily of the Valley. It is a really pleasant everyday scent that does not offend anyone. I wouldn't say it was sexy, just clean and bright. Not bad staying power and good sillage. One lippie off for being unoriginal but hey, it seems to work on me anyhow.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a large EDT at Ross Dress for Less for $29 USD. On me it smells exactly like Nivea Creme, the hand cream in the classic blue tin. I also detect some lily of the valley, which is not listed as one of its notes. Sillage was not overpowering, but it did cause me to sneeze a lot.
This will teach me to always test a fragrance before purchasing.

on 4/25/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Save your money (Miss Lopez has been riding the cash train long enough now) and get the dupe in CVS or Walgreens. I tested it yesterday and the lasting power was great... I can still smell it on my jacket today. Probably dating myself here, but this reminds me exactly of a scent that Cher put out in the late 80's, called "Uninhibited".

I just can't understand why this perfume is so popular . It IS a fresh , clean scent and it does last forever . The flacon is so pretty. However it isn't a pleasant kind of clean. My nose detects no fruit ,or flowers. It is not powdery clean either.

J Lo Glow is not a scent I would ever wear. Thank God I smelled it on others before that pretty little bottle convinced me to buy it.

on 11/5/2011 2:28:00 AM

I forgot how much I liked J. Lo Glow until I smelled my sister wearing it recently. I found it in a gift pack as the stores are bringing them in for Christmas. It has a cute 5 inch bottle of Glow and a bottle of Love and Glamour (ugh). I'm going to keep the Glow and get rid of the L&G because it's exactly the kind of scent I hate (to me it smells like an old sour dishcloth sprayed with RAID).

I do love Glow because not only is it a sexy bottle, but it's one of the only scents that I can actually smell on my own skin after 5 minutes (unfortunately the same is true of the hated L&G). I have several high end perfumes that I love by Lise Watier, Narciso Rodriguez, Ralph Lauren, and Givenchy - all of them wonderful, but I can't smell them on me after I put them on! I love the white roses/Egyptian musk smell - I'm so happy I found this cute sized bottle because I'll take it with me on my upcoming trip to Egypt.

on 10/31/2011 7:35:00 PM

First, for years I was anosmic to Glow, so I'm going to offer a warning here as a public service: DO NOT OVERSPRAY!!! Just Don't Do It!!!

Glow has some musk components that are among the most common for anosmia -- inability to smell. I would literally drench my arm in this, put my nose half an inch away, and smell only a vague suntan lotion scent. Then one day did my usual "what's all the fuss about?" spritz as I passed it on the fragrance counter, and BABAMMM! This very huge sillage Egyptian musk/lily scent.

Glow is a beautiful, soapy, your-skin-but-better Egyptian musk with lily of the valley and rose heart notes. In the base there's delicate vanillic notes that warm it up in a truly subtle way. Glow also has killer sillage that lasts for hours. UNDERSPRAY. Glow is lovely under or over fragrances to warm or clean them up, has nice extendor products, and is really beautifully made. It is very close to the TerraNova products and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were influenced by them; however Glow has more vanilla in the base to my nose.

This is a great scent for bedtime, or when you don't want to smell like you're wearing perfume, or for the office. I always enjoy wearing it.

Popular Fragrances