J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

3.3

on 6/19/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this based on reviews on another site dedicated to fragrances. I absolutely hated it at first and it sat unused for quite a while because right out of the bottle it's a burst of white flowers and alcohol and not very pleasant to my nose. I decided to give it another chance and was pleased that after a half hour or maybe an hour it settles down into a clean, soapy scent. That's a good thing on a hot summer day. I have a 1oz bottle and won't repurchase after it's gone. It's OK for now and I'll use it all but there are better fresh, summer fragrances out there.

Not good at all! Smells aweful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

She is a very pretty girl, with great cheekbones and a warm smile. But this fragrance is yuk!

She said she was inspired by the scent after we shower, a soap like scent.

Yes it does smells of soap and nothing else. You better off just go for a shower and use Dove soap. Cheaper and more pleasant for our nose.

Nothing special, not turning any heads, not uplifting, a meh fragrance.

This a fragrance which I love, its a warm, creamy, woody smell which drives my husband wild, he loves it. The EDT seems to have quite good longevity and its a perfume which you can continue to spray throughout the day to keep the gorgeous smell present. I bought this when I went to the States when it first came out and it was quite expensive. Now I can pick up a bottle my perfume website for about 12 which is fantastic value. The bottle itself is okay, hate the necklace thingee that hangs on it, very tacky. I get huge compliments when I wear this at work, although I would say its probably more suited for summer than winter. When you walk through the office it leaves a linger scent behind you as you walk. A lily, woody, floral scent which is just gorgeous. I would definitely keep buying this perfume as I really love it and I think it stands the test of time and would suit any aged lady!

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

I'm stunned that this is a controversial fragrance in any way. It smells pristine beyond measure-- like Dove soap with a sprinking of bubbly pink grapefruit and tea roses. Clean, fresh, delicate and absolutely lacking in sweetness, funk, or heaviness of any kind. (That said, the EDT wears more like an EDP and this stuff can give headaches if overapplied, as could just about anything.) It's an uplifting spritz after a shower, and continues to surround the wearer in fresh soapy musk for hours. A good pick for summer. I always get compliments on it.

The only think I can think of is that this isn't fruity or caramelly at all, and that is what most folks expect out of a celebu-scent these days. JLo broke ground with this one, and even if it isn't terribly unique, it does hark back to the '70s (when she and I were both growing up, albeit with very different booties :)) when rosy, soapy scents (like Tea Rose and Coriandre) and musk oils were both in vogue. Not at all a dated scent, though. Just clean and lovely. Wish the bottle was prettier and less goofy, but I'll live.

on 11/9/2013 10:21:00 AM

I have re-bought this probably seven times. I love it. So light and feminine. Everyone asks me what I'm wearing, and I get embarrassed to tell them. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes, or get tired of them. I've had all the expensive brands and never finish them. This is my go to. Smells like the body oil spring rain.

on 10/28/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I was prepared to hate this, however, it is not as bad as I had anticipated. It is too soapy for my taste, but I did not find it to smell like insecticide like some people have noted.

on 1/6/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my go to perfume, especially during summer. My sister says I always smell juicy!
I wouldn't say it's a simple fragrance, as I find it surprisingly contradictory. It's fruity, fun, fresh and innocent on one hand, but on the other hand it also has a soft floral sensuality about it.
Glow is one of the few scents however that doesn't morph into something else on me, the dry down is almost the same as when I first put it on. I like the fact is lasts all day and the silage is quite spectacular.
I've been wearing Glow for years and I always receive compliments. I love it :D
Notes of orange, grapefruit, vanilla, musk, orris, jasmine, and iris.

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

It seems like J. Lo puts out a new fragrance at least once a year. Some have come and gone and others remained. "Glow" was her first and is still around today which I guess is saying something. Just last year, she created a scent, exclusively for Kohl's, "My Glow". Don't get that one confused with "Glow", the new "Glowing," or the now defunct, "Miami Glow." You get the picture. I bought this years ago when it first came out. The fact that I still have half a bottle full of this stuff years later speaks volumes though. While clean white scents like "Trish McEvoy #3," "Amazing Grace," and "Pure Grace" are right up my olfactory alley, this one has an element that annoys me. Like a house guest that doesn't get the hint...go home already. It lingers and shouts just a little too loudly. So if you reaching for this one because "Jenny from the Block" said she created this one to capture that fresh from the shower clean, beware. This is a perfume, not an innocent bar of Ivory soap that will follow you around, for better or worse.

Popular Fragrances