J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

on 1/7/2012 1:41:00 AM

Dear Ms. Lopez,
I've never cared too much for your acting skills or your music. In fact I find you to be down right annoying at times. I think Ben married the right 'jen' as I find you too be too much of a diva and kind of fake...fake hair color, fake tan...nonetheless, I can recognize a nice scent when I smell it. And you did a good job here, or your fragrance team, etc. The price is reasonable and the lasting power is great. It smells soapy, floral, clean, slightly vanillic and powdery. Great for office wear or a casual environment. Used with a light hand this is rather inoffensive and very nice. Especially for the price point and especially if you get a gift set around christmas that usually costs around 29 dollars at rite aid, cvs, etc. The bottle and rinestone bling is kind of tacky, but the juice is good! You did good here jen, now your personal life with men...that's a different story. Lol

Sincerely,

VIA

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Well, hello! I had some idea about what Glow would smell like Ė clean, musky, something like something called ĎChina Rainí, which Iíve never come across in the UK, but which I imagined smells like modern aldehydes, cheap ozone, crushed white petals and baby musk. Finally, many years after its release, I sampled Glow, and itís just how I imagined it would be only quite significantly better. Whatís more, I donít recognise it, so I surmise it isnít the staple in the tweenies-to-twenties clan in the UK that it is alleged to be in the US. I actually think a grown woman could wear this and come across as elegant and tasteful. If your two favourite fragrances were Glow and Donna Karanís Cashmere Mist, I actually think you would get compliments galore. And how it stays around! Monster sillage.
Not really my thing for a signature scent, but then, I donít really have one, preferring instead to have a whole fragrance menu. Sometimes, this would be quite a thrill to sport, though Ė somehow, touchingly cheap and disposably feminine.

on 3/3/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scent a lot! It's flowery fresh a little soapy in the best possible way. It is a little strong and almost 'old lady" smelling at first spritz but it doesn't last long at all and then it just smells wonderful to me.

on 7/30/2016 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this perfume and most of jlos other ones .. It has a light clean smell slightly sweet and soapy fresh and the lasting power is very good that's why I keep going back to it but the bottle is ugly lol ..

I tried this after hearing it smelled like shampoo. I love a soapy shampoo scent, like Amazing and Pure Grace, and am in search of the one that is just right...The post-Coty acquisition Grace scents do not last at all; Clean pulls too sweet on me, and I've tried many e-tailer soapy scent dupes with mixed results. I find the whole celebrity perfume thing annoying so I'd never bothered to sniff Glow for years. I tried it on a whim at Ulta and found myself sniffing my wrist all day, as the dry-down grew softer, cleaner and deliciously shampoo-esque. I bought a bottle next day and now it's a fixture in my rotation. What a nice surprise!

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

on 11/18/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to love this fragrance several years ago. At that time, I was really into clean smelling scents, and this one smelled like a french soap to me. Just what I wanted--clean smelling, yet elegant and per-fumy. I will admit that my taste in fragrances has changed a lot in the past five years. Now that I'm approaching my mid-30's, I have a great appreciation and admiration for the classic perfumes and absolutely dislike anything that is fruity, sweet and just pure clean/musk.

It's possible that my body chemistry has changed, and this fragrance no longer smells good on myself (or other people for that matter). I will say that the initial blast impresses me every time (smells floral, like roses), but that lasts less than five minutes and it's the dry down that makes me dislike this perfume. The dry down is very simple and actually smells very cheap to me. Maybe this is something I could spray on after a shower and then layer my go-to perfume over it...I really like that this perfume lasts forever on your skin, but unfortunately it's not complex enough for me to really enjoy it by itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells of overpowering cheap soap, smell lasts for ages and gave me a headache, couldnt wait to wash it off! Gave it away as I couldn't stand it!

This is my only celebrity and my only cheap-range perfume I wholeheartedly love and recommend. I tried this one out when it was first released. Memories of this time are quite sweet - I used the sample in my first spring as a student. I remembered the scent favorably for the 10 years later, but somehow as a young adult, I was over drugstore brands of makeup and especially over celebrity fragrances. I'd had my fair share of gifted Gabriela Sabatini and Naomi Campbell scents.

Recently, I rediscovered this one. Somehow, curiosity for it had remained. I now know better what I like compared with then - fresh, citrusy, but also "clean" and slightly powdery scents. The former, I have a few favorites (DKNY woman, some of the Hermes Jardin range, Armani Code for winter), the latter I have not found my perfect scent. I think this affordable perfume is it!

Trying it out and seeing how long it lasted compared with my high end perfumes sold me on it. It starts off very sharp, a bit uncomfortable. It mellows down to a very lovely fresh, powdery, just showered but better scent. And it lasts forever - perfumes last very badly on me, this one I get small glimpses of around 8 hrs after putting it on! Never happens to me with any other perfume. It's love :)

Never in my life would I have bought this myself. BUt when I was given this fragrance as a gift, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a simple, soapy scent, but for what it is... quite complex. If that makes sense. This smells like classic soap, but in a good sense. At least to my nose. It is sweet and powdery and flowery, so you def. need to like that kind of scent. But if you do, give this a try. I would NEVER EVER have thought that Glow would become a staple in my perfume wardrobe.

Popular Fragrances