J. Lo Glow

3.2

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

on 7/6/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance is an insulting clash of the following scents: band-aid, musk, urinal cake, budget laundry detergent. It makes me gag whenever I smell it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Typical jlo style with the bottle. U know the bling bling. The perfume itself, It's not among the best nor among the worst...I bought this when I was in my late teens n was starting out on scents.. Liked it then but my taste has changed with fragrances. It doesn't have an over powering smell n neither it's fruity or flowery..it's
Light n dusky..doesnt leave impressions (IMO a perfume is all about statement, giving a hint of what we ARe) so in that department ..comp fail. If u want a feeling of clean, there r better things doing that job..that's y I'm not repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Im not sure how to describe GLOW, other then fresh and clean. I dont pick up on the individual notes, so I just get the overall impression of the notes; it creates a fresh, energetic burst and gives a clean, soapy feel to the wearer.

Its great for everyday wear, as it has great staying power. Keep a bottle in your bag for when you have to use public transport one spray really helps you to feel cleansed. Suitable all year round.

On the down side you must spray lightly. I've been too heavy handed a few times and have had migraines as a result.

Scent notes: orange flower, pink grapefruit, Neroli, rose, sandalwood, soft amber, jasmine, vanilla, musk & orris.

I really like this scent, very light and pretty. I was surprised to see alot of people don't like it! =/

on 7/12/2010 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this perfume! It's unique, clean smelling and the staying power is fantastic. I've tried others in the "Glow" series but i always go back to the original. I'm about to purchase my third bottle! It's so fresh smelling and i like that it's different from all those boring old fruity florals most celebrities churn out. J.lo definitely got this one right big thumbs up! :)

on 6/18/2010 10:22:00 AM

When I first smelled this, I am surprise that it is a J Lo scent. I would expect a celebrity fragrant to be quite over the top sexy, but this is not the case. What you get instead is a clean and understated sexy, floral scent. Another perfume apart from Dior Cherie that I like to wear for work.

on 2/23/2010 11:50:00 PM

this does not smell like soap on me. it smells like baby powder and vanilla with soft florals mixed in. it's inexpensive, comes in a pretty bottle and lasts all day. a good scent to wear to work or dinner with the family. not too bold or sexy. just a soft feminine scent.

on 12/5/2009 8:33:00 PM

Lots of people say it smells like soap, or like laundry products, and I
really hate perfumes that smell like soap. But on my skin Glow is just a clean scent - I know "clean scent" is a very generic way to describe a fragrance, but unfortunatelly I cant think of a better word. Its also a little powdery.
Its no spectacular, but it is very nice and versatile. But can be
overpowering if you apply more 2 spritz.
I dont use Glow very often (only because I have a lot of fragrances) but
this is a scent that often draws compliments.
Good staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I guess if this perfume weren't J.Lo's, it wouldn't receive so many bad reviews.
Glow is a fresh and clean fragrance, probably one of the bests celebrity perfumes out there. Glow can be easily weared on a daily basis, it's not that strong.

Popular Fragrances