J. Lo Glow

Filtered by age: 19-24
J. Lo Glow

2.6

Overall rating- 5 lippies.

Price- 5 lippies. I am sorry but this is expensive, at least in Sweden. For a 30 ml EDT, it kinda burns a hole in your pocket if you're on a student budget.

Packaging quality- 4 lippies. This is what CK one's packaging would look if it were 'a girly girl' :) i like the frosted glass, and the shape, but i hate the tacky J.Lo chain. ripped it off asap.

would i buy it- hell yes.

I love this scent because it smells like lilies, as in lily of the valley. plain and simple.

it's clean, demure, fresh yet floral in a 'strong' way, not overpowering at all. it doesn't smell like 'old lady' flowers, strong roses or patchouli. not to mention this fragrance is the first celebrity fragrance I've tested that doesn't smell like shampoo, bubblegum or blueberry juice leftovers.

J.Lo really surprised me, more than i managed to surprise myself taking into account this fragrance has been around since the early 2000's and i never even bothered to sniff it- due to the aforementioned celebrity fragrance prejudice. silly me.

No celebrity fragrance will be as special and classy as this one. you can swing it for anything for that matter, since it doesn't have that pungent, sugary scent of anything 'famous' that's currently available on the market. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Britney, Paris, Christina, Jessica, Eva Longoria, whatever else you can think of, they ALL either smell bad or identical, sometimes both. not this one. however, all of the other Glow versions smell EXACTLY like Paris' perfumes...or anyone else's for that matter. they smell like fading patchouli (LA Glow), shampoo and flowers (Miami Glow) and something indescribable (Night Glow or after dark or something like that). eew.

i'm not good at describing scents but the first note i felt was a fresh, clean (almost 'cold') laundry scent, immediately followed by an orchestra of white- lily of the valley, that is. with a tiny tiny hint of honey, i'd say, but it can be felt only hours after the application, and at close sniff- so i'd say this would be the bottom note.

I will continue purchasing this because, funnily enough, i haven't found anything on the market, not even high-end, to have the lily of the valley perfume. maybe it's just me, but i love the scent and i think it can be a successful daytime scent as well as a classy yet sexy (very youthful...) nighttime scent. if you don't wanna splurge on some high-end fragrance yet want something that's worth the $, go for this one, ladies.

and no, i definitely do not think it smells like laundry detergent or Dove soap. but well, we're all different so i can't say i am the one who knows what this smells like. what i can be sure about is that this perfume deserves to be tested.

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

on 4/18/2011 5:38:00 PM

My personal favourite perfume. (And I'm not a J-Lo fan or even a pop fan at all) Very clean, floral, powdery scent but slightly musky. The scent stays for a long time. It still costs about $30 for a small bottle at Walmart, which is way too expensive for something that has been out for at least 6 years. I also really don't like the other versions in this line, just this one. I have a lot of scent/makeup/skin allergies and eczema and this kind doesn't bother me or my mother (she has psoriasis). That doesn't mean it's hypoallergenic by a long shot, but I was overjoyed to find something I'm not allergic to.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible perfume, reminds me of two dollar hand wash and smells extremely soapy.
The perfume is also very heavy and it just really isn't for me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JLo Glow is a refreshing, light, delicate floral that's become a frequent flier in my perfume wardrobe. It is a nice change from oriental, fruity-floral, and chypre scents, possessing the same soapy-shower-clean vibe as Lauder's Pleasures or Lancome's Miracle. But it is not stridently soapy or astringent in the least. The pink grapefruit and orange blossom give the right amount of sharpness in the opening, and they quickly mellow to reveal roses, lilies, and soft spring rain. I agree with those who note similarities between Glow and "China Rain" fragrance oils. There's definitely a white-musk base going on here. I don't smell the sandalwood or vanilla at all. It's just easy to wear, whether I'm dressed up or down, and it suits my chemistry very well. One caveat, do NOT over-apply! This wears more like an EDP than an EDT-- two to three sprays is plenty, and you'll get all-day wear. More than that, and you'll get all-day migraines.

on 4/19/2011 3:34:00 PM

A nice, clean scent that is a good alternative to the very sweet scents out therer right now. It is a bit more classic (I don't get 'old lady', but then again, I'm not sure what people mean by this expression, seems a rather mean thing to say anyway) because it is powdery and has a rosy smell to it, but enough depth and lasts for a long time.

on 1/5/2013 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yuck. I still cringe every time I see the bottle - the smell seems to be burnt into my mind. To me this smells very synthetic, plastic, newly sharpened pencils and laundry detergent with a little flower on top. Very crisp and clean, but not in a good way - the mental image I get when smelling this is an office with only women. They are all very cold (personality-wise), walking back and forth, not looking at he sides, quite unfriendly...

on 4/8/2009 11:31:00 AM

This is the first perfume I got, I was 13 and really wanted it for reasons I can't fathom.
I wore it to school almost everyday, I think the 100ml lasted about 2-3 years sparingly. I can't go near it now because all fragrances make me think sentimentally, and this just reminds me of science gcse in 2005 when I tried really hard to impress someone... cringeworthy.
I went on holiday the same year in Spain and one night some older boys said to myself and a friend was "You're not wearing that Glow thing are you, everyone does and it's really overpowering!" So there I was being told to buy Lacoste Touch Of Pink by a chav, stopped using it after that.
End of. I loved the charm on the bottle though and put it on my keyrings!

on 4/9/2005 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has been my signature scent for the last year or so, and despite the collective shun this fragrance has received here on MUA, I must admit I love it. It's very clean with a whisper of a woodsy musk; it almost smells like sun-drenched laundry, if you can imagine that. The staying power isn't the longest, but I can smell traces of it on my clothing at the end of the day. Bottom line: I immediately feel prettier and more feminine after spritzing this on -- what more can a girl ask for?

on 10/27/2004 10:55:00 PM

I had to throw in my 2 cents since I'm on a perfume review kick this evening. I'm sitting here sniffing the bottle trying to figure out what on EARTH I thought I saw in this frangrance when I bought it. And I just can't figure it out. Was I brain washed by Jennifer Lopez's booty? Was it the clever ad campaign that never put samples into the magazines (for reasons that I can now see why). Well, what ever the cause I was obsessed with getting this perfume, and when I first started using it, I was in love. I was convinced this was a great clean fresh perfume. Now the closest I can prescribe it to would be rancid deodorant. If I had to wear it all day on my skin I think I'd get sick. Did the bottle go bad? Or did I just come back to earth. I'm shocked that I actually used a good portion of the bottle. Stay away from this girls. Far far far away.