Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color SPF 16

Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color SPF 16

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I recently bought this Sonia Kashuk Satin Lux Lip Color in the beautiful,bright warm orange red shade Persimonn,and I love the formula,it's creamy, great quality,not drying,and actually moisturizes my lips and stays on for about 5 hours especially this bright shade.I will likely get a few other shades that Target was out of if they eventually get them in.

And the end of this lipstick that has the color of the shade,has a little removable piece that has a little extra lipstick you can use.

on 7/8/2017 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this lipstick! Sonia Kashuk is one of my favorite brands! Great quality, nice packaging, very affordable, and cruelty-free (my first priority!).
I have this in Fig, a beautiful mauvey-plum, very moisturizing, and SPF!

I recently started using this brand of lipstick in Peachy Pink-and can't stop! It's my new go to lip colour. It's got enough bright colour to be noticable on my lips, yet subtle enough to wear daily. If I want to amp up the colour, I'll wear my Bare Escentuals Moxie Energized (bright coral) lip pencil under it; if I want to tone it down, I'll wear a muted nude pink lip pencil under it. It applies smooth and while you can see colour upon first swipe, obviously, the more layers you put on, the brighter the lipstick colour.
This lipstick states it has SPF in it-honestly, I can't tell as I can neither smell it not taste it. I can tell when my foundation has SPF in it b/c of that white sheen it can cast, but I see nothing white about this lipstick. It's not a long lasting lipstick, I definitely reapply it thoughout the day, but that's also b/c I prefer the brighter pink of this lipstick which happens when the product is freshly applied. I swear it brightens up my entire face, making me look far more put together than I feel!
This lipstick cost me around $10usd at Target. The packaging is a sleek, sturdy black square shaped tube w/the colour of the lipstick at the top of the tube. It feels like it's trying to compete w/department store products rather than a drugstore product. I will definitely restock this lipstick in my makeup arsenol as long as Sonia Kashuk continues to make it!

on 5/28/2017 7:53:00 PM

I have this in Red Orange. The color is fabulous and the way it goes on is great. It's a bit more scented than I usually like.

The only drawback is that it wears off really quickly--very evenly, which is nice, but after a bit it like I never put it on.

on 11/13/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

These are really creamy lipsticks. I love the packaging and I love the way they smell. I have 5 colors and I have to say, some colors are more pigmented than others. For instance, Parisian Pink, Red Orange, and Blushing are all pretty pigmented while Peachy Pink is somewhat less pigmented. I have two toned lips and you can clearly see that with this lipstick.

Although I found they had ok staying power. The formula could be better in my opinion. I like my Maybelline lipsticks a bit better and they're cheaper. I found that with Blushing, for instance, the gloss feel on your lips would fade and almost make you feel as if your lipstick needed to be reapplied as it had dried off, but I would look and it would still be there but I would still reapply.

The packaging on these are really well made and very sleek and stylish!

And although they smell, they really don't taste good and I hate that they even have a taste. They taste like a cheap lipstick if that makes sense, even though they perform somewhat better than one.

These lipsticks are amazing. Great color, very moisturizing, no offensive smell, great packaging, and reasonably priced. I own 5 of these now, and love all of them. They look and feel more like a luxury lipstick, and it's great that you can just pick them up at Target. They've got nudes, pinks, reds, oranges, everything! Sonia Kashuk is definitely my go-to brand for lips.

Thank goodness, a lipstick that is truly a lipstick. Full color that sweeps on beautifully, a satin finish that isn't matte or too shiny. Dries down nicely and moisturizes like crazy. My lips are ultra sensitive and I've been going crazy trying to find a true lipstick that meets all of my criteria. I have two colors right now and I plan to buy another with every trip to Target. At $10 they are pricy for drugstore, but are way less than other comparable lipsticks I've gotten at Sephora. Here are the bad ones I've tried and how good the SK is in comparison:

Rimmel moisture renew - very odd scent, nasty really and only temporarily moisturizing. SK lipstick has barely any scent and it's actually pleasant that I wouldn't mind it more, plus long-lasting moisture.

Revlon formulas except gloss - my lips get a bumpy allergic reaction to these, and the colors have to really be built up. SK needs a single swipe for color.

Dior - gorgeous color though it beaded on me when reapplying, beautiful packaging and nice moisture (though temporary), but the price! SK has nice packaging and no beading.

Almay butters - sheer color, ok moisture, can't reapply well.

Urban Decay - killer smooth color that is a real knockout, but not as moisturizing.

Bite - great moisture but it travels over the sides of your lips.

I may go on at another time, but L'Oreal formulas are good but stink to high heaven and Nars lip pencils have great color but I really think I get a better bang for my buck with SK.

on 7/23/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only shade I own from this collection is Red Orange, which is a face-brightening fiery red. I've had it since 2012.I love it. None of the other colors really stood out to me.

The formulation is very creamy and sheer but also pigmented and buildable. Unfortunately it's prone to bleeding and potentially finding its way onto other surfaces like fabrics and hair and ...well, you know. Very hydrating for the lips, it doesn't dry out. If it had more staying power, I'd consider rebuying!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe it is just the color I got, but to me, this was nothing special..In fact, I seriously regret purchasing this, esp for d/s, as it was not cheap for d/s, imo. I got this in the color "Blushing" and swatches I saw online were very pretty. But I rubbed, rubbed, rubbed this on my lips and has 0 color payoff. I literally felt 'nothing' on my lips, not even some sort of moisturizing or balm-effect...nothing!! My lips are not pigmented, so this should have shown up on me, at least somewhat??

But this did absolutely nothing for my lips, not even nary a shine or a gleam of shine, nothing!! I literally felt like nothing was on my lips, and it literally looked like nothing was on my lips. Maybe I got a dud, but at this price point, esp for drugstore, I did not want to try another shade...In hindsight, I really wish I returned it. :( I would say get one of the lips butters from Revlon, L'oreal, or Almay, which are about half-the-price, and are much better products, imho. I know 'balm' or even SPF type lip products often have little color pigmentation, but usually there is at least something..??? I got nothing with this..:(

Other notes: I do not detect any scent really, maybe a very, very mild old-lady-lipstick scent, that is very, very faint, but really no scent that is really detectable. Also, this settled into the lines on my lips terribly after about 10-15 minutes. This also left my lips feeling very dry once it wore off. I really wanted to like this product, because the color looked so pretty online and the packaging is so cool and sleek, but it was just a definite 'dud' product for me, all-around.

on 3/5/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First thing I noticed when I tried it on was that it smells delicious! I loved applying it over and over just because of that, as well as because this stuff is soooo creamy. It glides on really well. Only problem is, it's maybe a bit too creamy. Transfers onto everything so easily. I have to use a liner with it because I fear it'll slide off my lips. But the pigmentation is great. I purchased the shade Barely Nude, a brownish color with the slightest pink tint to it. My first "nude" shade and I'm satisfied.