L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Total Repair Extreme Emergency Recovery Mask

No Image

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm surprised to not be in love with this product as it is really thick and deep conditioning. I think if you enjoy this you may also like cholesterol hair treatments. That is exactly what this reminds me of. It doesn't really add slip to my hair, but it does add a layer of what feels like oil. I have fine hair (texture) but thick in quantity. Usually I need a really thick conditioner but this just coated it, and was hard to wash out. Another con is alcohol denat. is high up on the ingredient list, which I am always wary of.

Too long didn't read version: great for others, just not for me.

I gave this away. It's not really "mask" worthy or deep conditioning. It's more like a thick standard conditioner. Yes it smells pretty nice and the packaging is awesome but it didn't really do anything miraculous for my hair. It was still frizzy and did not live up to the claims (my hair is long, wavy, thick, colored, and prone to frizz).

I thought this would be a more intense version of their Damage Eraser Balm that comes in a tub. I actually much prefer that product to this one, I just hate tub packaging. The ingredients are very similar so I thought they would act similar but no. Try the Damage Eraser Balm instead of this if you want a true mask.

on 7/8/2015 1:31:00 PM

I purchased this after reading all of the great reviews, hoping it would help with my fine, wavy hair, which at the moment is rather frizzy. This is a thick, buttery mask, and it smells perfumey/ fresh. After leaving it in for most of the shower and then rinsing well, it leaves my hair feeling coated and flat, but it's still frizzy. I tried it with different shampoos & adjusting the amount, but my hair just doesn't respond well to it. I'll probably give this away. I paid $7.99 for this at CVS

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Favourite hair mask ever.It smells amazing and nourishes my hair without making it greasy.I have been throught all the "top rated" and" popular" (read expensive) hair masks and nothing (from drying it out to making my hair crunchy and plastic to touch).But this one just works wonders for me.You'll never know until you try it. (long curly hair,blow dried every week,not colored,dry ends)

After seeing the positive reviews on this I had to try it but it wasn't as awesome as I was hoping. My hair is super thin and fragile and I box dye it so it's not in the greatest shape. My ends are super dry and when I used this it did seem to really moisturize it. When brushing it out after my shower it did brush out easier with no tangles or knots and it did seem to blow dry smoother but I still woke up the next day with really dry ends? Maybe my hair needs something "stronger" or I need to use this for more time (this review is after one use). But for my fellow dry end sufferers this stuff didn't miraculously transform my hair after one use.

I dont understand what exactly makes this do what it does, but i've never seen my poor, damaged, frizzy hair look so soft/shiny and "normal." Amazing. Wish i found it sooner.

on 11/7/2014 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This the the 4th conditioner product I've tried in L'Oreal's new "Advanced Haircare" line. It's a bit more expensive than the conditioners in the 12oz bottles, but this one is one is labelled as a "weekly" treatment-type product. Ingredient-wise, it's almost identical to the "Damage Erasing Balm" in the jar (the ONLY difference: this one lists "lactic acid" in the ingredients while the "Damage Balm" does not), but is a bit more expensive due to the fact that the Damage Balm is 8.5oz and this one is only 6.8oz, but I chose this one due to the fact that it's in a tube which I find to be much more convenient in the shower.

Like the other "Advanced" conditioners, this one is very well-formulated. It has good slip, and like the others, I have no trouble wet-combing this through my thick, curly, coarse hair. The consistency is VERY thick and rich (like cake icing). It might be my imagination, but it does seem to have some extra conditioning/moisturizing benefits, because my hair feels very soft after using it --even the next day. Someone with problem hair could very well use this as a daily conditioner.

Bottom line, it's a very good product at a fairly reasonable price. Recommended! :-)

on 5/23/2014 7:59:00 PM

I picked this up on clearance at Walgreens. What a delightful surprise. Have highlights that have been exposed to chlorine in pools and this stuff must fill in the weak areas or something. I can compare it to Pantenes beautiful lengths mask and no joke, this blew it out of the water. SMells tropical,fruity, but not strong or lingers. love Loreal!

on 4/27/2014 10:36:00 AM

I tried this product as my hair was a little damaged and dry. This made my hair worse, I would never buy this again. My hair was literally like straw. This is the first time I ever returned a product back to the drugstore, because they need to send it back to Loreal. Sorry, really wish this would have worked.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like that this comes in a tube instead of a jar. If you like the damage balm, which this is almost similar to, then this is a step up from that. It has great slip and you only need to use a little bit or else it will weigh your hair down if you have hair on the fine to medium side. It made my hair very shiny and smooth with good curl definition at the ends. It has a pleasant scent and a light creamy consistency. It softens without making my hair fuzzy looking when it air-dries. I am growing out my hair and this does a good job of keeping my ends healthy. The matching conditioner is also pretty good if you have no problems with protein. I found my tube at Walgreens on sale for three dollars and sometimes you can get these on sale. I have yet to try the shampoo but will probably check that out soon.