Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tube)

Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tube)

3.6

Great retro rosy smell. I use it for my chapped lips and to moisturize my hands when I forget my lotion. This is the best.

on 10/12/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've been obsessively buying this for 2 years. NOTHING has ever left my lips feeling so soft and moisturized all day before I found this. I used to get the tin but it got stuck a lot so I started buying the tubes. I order them on amazon and ebay because I'm too lazy to go to Sephora these days. Even when my lips are chapped, this moisturizes them. I currently have about 3 tubes- 1 in the house, 1 in my purse, and another in my car just in case I lose one at any time. It's about $7 at Sephora but I get them for about $6 and some change from Amazon, with free shipping.

Glorified Vaseline with a scent. Did nothing for my dry cracked lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This absolutely did not do any hydration for me. Leaving it on overnight is no different than applying something emollient. I expected to wake up with soft supple lips but the only thing this did was just coat and sat on top my lips to prevent it from drying out. I get better results with Vaseline

on 12/7/2016 10:13:00 PM

I’ve tried many high end and drugstore lip balms, this one is pretty average. Firstly the scent is quite artificial, smells like a grandmother’s talc. Second, the tube started to crack after a month as I tried to squeeze it out, luckily no leak. The moisturizing effect is ok, not quite long lasting. There are many better out there at a similar price. I will stick with my Jack Black.

The product has a subtle rose scent making it the perfect spring season lip balm. The rosebud lip balm gives the lips a healthy pink glow.

For reviews on other scents / flavours see: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/smiths-rosebud-salve-balm-tube/

on 7/9/2016 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is hands down, the best lip balm I have ever used! Golly, I have tried so many high end products that were such a let down...

It's very effective. If I have dry parched lips, within 2 days of using this, it goes back to being soft and supple. At present, at night, after I brush my teeth, I scrub my lips then apply this. In the morning, it's baby soft and smooth.

It has the most pleasant rose water scent. It's very portable also.

The only thing cheaper than this (and just as effective) is pure petroleum jelly (Vaseline), which of course doesn't have this pleasant scent.

I think why some people hate this product is how thick and greasy it is (it's mostly Vaseline), and that it doesn't absorb. However, it is for this same reason that I love it. I don't have to reapply it, especially when I'm asleep.

This product is an absolute must!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have this product along with the tin, which I have also reviewed. The formulas are overall the same, but it is less pink in the tube opposed to the tin. I bring the tube out in public in my purse because the tin is simply too hard to open. The tin is on my bedside table to apply before I go to bed. It's the same product, but having it in a tube is more convenient and sanitary to take out in public. I love this lip balm!

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

There's nothing too special about petroleum jelly (if there was I'd buy vaseline), but the thing I love most about this product is how wonderful it smells. I love anything rose-scented, and this is one of the best rose scents out there. I wish they made it in a fragrance I could spray on myself. I also prefer to purchase in a tube rather than a tin because the packaging is more stable and less likely to be contaminated by bacteria than a tin.

I use it on my lips a lot (especially to hydrate before putting on a matte lipstick). It feels very slippery when it first goes on, but then settles as the product is absorbed and then your lips just feel soft. I like the slippery feel.

I also use it as cuticle cream and it works fabulously (and my fingers/toes smell like roses).

I think I paid $8 CAD, which is a bit pricey, but I love the smell so much I'd happily repurchase

on 1/20/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I did not love this product. I felt that this product did not do much for my lips. It did not last very long and did not actually treat the dryness on my lips. I will stick to C.O. Bigelow's tin of Rose Salve.