Tarte Be MATTEnificent [DISCONTINUED]

Enter Title

4.9

on 2/28/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

*sigh* look at me, reviewing a product that has been discontinued. If you see this anywhere for any price though and you think the colours would suit you, nab it up!

For reference, I'm N/NC10 or lighter in MAC, with cool/neutral yellow undertones. Neutral or cool colours tend to look good on my eyes, as it brings out the blue in them.

For some reason it's ridiculously hard to find a palette with a mirror that contains a nice flat black matte shadow, and a nice neutral deep brown together. On top of this, it's hard to find a nice matte neutral palette where you can actually use all of the shades. AND it's hard to find a palette that contains a blush that you actually WANT to use!

I've always had trouble pulling off pink and purple neutrals, but this palette really sells me the idea that I can make it work!

I have a collection of hundreds of eyeshadows, but I reach for this on a daily basis, sometimes just to use the brown and the black eyeshadows.

The mirror is really generous, and the eyeshadow brush is usable and soft. Do I use it? No, I own too many brushes, but the double ended brush is something you could totally use for a professional finish. I'm just stuck in my ways :P one side is a soft blending brush, the other is to pack on colour.

The textures of this palette are spot on. I've used a lot of mattes that are chalky or unblendable - definitely not the case here. This is probably the most consistent palette that Tarte have released, to my knowledge. All good, no duds here!

I think this would suit anyone with neutral or cool undertones, particularly with fair or light skin (my gut says some of the purple browns could look ashy on warmer, deeper skintones).

Pick this baby up if you can find her!

on 12/6/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Medium

I'm 59 years old and have loved and worn makeup since I was 13, and I have never loved a palette before in my life, not one, till this. And of course I'm completely and madly in love with it. And of course it's a limited edition no longer available! I managed to score two of them before they were only available from ebay at obscene prices. Needless to say, I really hope that Tarte re-releases this palette and makes it a part of their permanent collection. I am fair-skinned cool/neutral and every color is perfect and flattering and using them all together effortlessly makes a sophisticated, put-together look. The packaging is beautiful and high quality, with a large mirror and a nice brush. The shadows are a dream, so buttery soft like the best artist's pastels. Please, everyone who rated this palette high, write to info@tarte.com and ask them to bring it back. I don't want to be without it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in looove with my palette! I actually broke my other one in my purse, it was a disaster to say the least. So I got a new one and it's amazing.

The colors blend beautifully together for any ocassion.

on 8/11/2015 3:37:00 PM

A little pricey but this powder really does the trick no matter your skin shade! Both me and my sister use it and it goes on smooth and matte, no shine no wrinkle creases just flawless skin :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great matte colors and anyone can use these colors

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful colors in this pallette i'm so happy with this purchase, they were having a sale and of course I can never turn that down. I thought the colors may be a bit too dark once I applied them, but the colors turned out beautifully and really blend together well.

on 4/25/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had to get this from EBay since its discontinued. Pricey but I would pay even more since I now know-I love it! Great colors, perfect consistency. I try others but keep coming back to this. HIGHLY recommend.

on 4/2/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my all time favorite palette--not just my favorite neutral palette. I always go back to it, and it's a must have when I travel. The shadows and liners are smooth and pigmented, as is the blush. All of the shades stay on for a while without fading.

I have had a Holy Grail palette for almost 30 years now - the Ultima II Nakeds Xmas GWP, a generous palette of Kevyn Aucoin's most luscious neutrals that lasted years, but sadly came to its end long ago. Ever since then I have been searching for something like it. Tarte Be MATTEnificent is that palette. I love this palette so much that I bought two more off Amazon for an inflated price. I am so pleased with the texture of the shadows and the color range. (To contrast, I also recently ordered the new Bare Essentials neutral E/S palette, and sadly found that it was SO not for me.) The blush, as others have mentioned, is also nice, subtle and blendable, and I haven't tried the liners yet. But the eyeshadows are the stars of the show here. I could see a whole series of MATTEnificents, like the UD Naked series. Please, Tarte, do this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This has become my go-to eyeshadow palette and I really do hope they make it again! The colors are natural and great for everyday use. I can make the colors sheer or build it up for evening. The blush is very pretty and I love the brown and black eyeliner options. Luckily I found one of the last palettes in a Macy's store and I'm glad I did!