Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo

Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo

3.6

I'm so happy I found this shampoo. It's a lot more difficult to find products for oily hair than for dry hair, but this seems to do the trick. My hair tends to be on the oily side; I had been washing it every other day, with the oiliness starting to show about a day and a half in. When I wash my hair and use the matching conditioner on the bottom half only, it looks good after two days, and with a little dry shampoo I can easily stretch my washing to every third day.
It lathers very well, which is surprising to me since there aren't any sulfates. The scent is very similar to coconut water. The conditioner smells nice but doesn't smell quite the same.

on 1/18/2017 12:25:00 AM

This smells really really good. It is tropical and fresh. It does not dry my hair out but using this I either have to use dry shampoo or wash my hair every day. I think it makes my hair soft and shiny though. The packaging is really nice too and it definitely is unique. My hair is not very damaged so I don't know how well it would work for someone who has hair that is very dry, tangled, etc. Also I do think it is a little pricey for a drugstore level product. Overall, because of the scent and the way my hair feels after using it, I will probably keep buying this. If I could go without washing my hair every day, it would be perfect.

on 1/14/2017 10:53:00 AM

I know it's supposed to be organic and free of all the usual irritants but this shampoo makes my scalp itchy and flaky. I usually don't have dandruff and my skin is is pretty hardy and rarely reacts to anything. I've used it three times now and I haven't changed anything else with my hair routine. It cleans well but the itching is driving me insane.

I wash my hair every 3 days and the itching starts on day 2 so perhaps it's ok if you wash your hair every day, but honestly I don't think I will even finish the bottle.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because I saw it thought it would be a great shampoo. I've always loved the Organix brand. A lot of their products are awesome. This one though does not do a good job cleaning my hair. It leaves residue on my scalp, it makes my scalp itch, etc. It does smell good but it is not that great. It might be just that my hair doesn't absorb it that well but it's no good to me.

This is the first time I have tried the OGX brand and because of the coconut water I decided to give it a try. I love the cute bottle and even more so that it is made from recycled resins. I think the smell is great, not too strong and it cleaned my fine hair very well and left it lightweight. The texture seemed a little thick but when added to the water it was fine. Here is a video review

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So recently I noticed my hair was getting super dry. My hair is super important to me so I obviously went on the hunt to find something to help. When I came across this shampoo I was hoping for the best but not really expecting to get it. Omg, I was so wrong. After one use I could already feel my hair being more hydrated like the product claims! Now it's been 3 uses and the results are very great. I'd say my hair is back on track to what it used to be. You really can't beat the price either!

I bought this shampoo as a set with the matching conditioner and a tangle-teaser while I was in hospital and desperate for some kind of soap/shampoo/body wash that didn't smell like chlorhexidine surgical scrub (the stuff the hospital supplies). It was pretty pricey $33NZD for 2 travel sized products and a full size Tangle-Teezer (lets face it, I probably paid for that brush more than the shampoo!) I was excited to try it because holy smokes it smells like heaven. After I bought it, I came here to see what other people thought about it (bit of a backwards/risky move reading reviews AFTER purchase, but then again I'm not well known for doing things in the normal order.) I was really worried that I'd just spent a bunch of money on a dud product since most people here with similar hair-types to mine think the best and only good thing about these products are how they smell and that they did nothing for their hair.

I was pleasantly surprised, (my expectations were lower than Atlantis.) Firstly the shampoo has a really interesting kinda jelly like texture that lathers really nicely and gives a good clean, it smells like my trip to Samoa, tropical and coconutty, almost juicy. If I could eat this stuff safely I probably would. I initially tried it by itself since my hair is so fine if I walk in any kind of humid air it turns into a flat greasy mess and let it air dry. It was shiny, and soft but almost a little dry so I followed it up with the conditioner the next day. WOW I almost never use conditioner in my hair since it makes it greasy and limp, but this combination of them both was fantastic. I have soft, shiny bouncy, tropical smelling hair AND a Tangle-Teezer. Booyah.

Long story short:
Pros:
-Smells amazing
-Cleans hair without leaving it feeling 'squeaky'
-Fun jelly-like texture and lathers nicely
-Doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down like many shampoos.

Cons:
-Was a bit pricey but I'm pretty sure that the Tangle Teezer brush in the set was the real expense.
-Doesn't seem to be all that hydrating on it's own, needed the conditioner afterwards.
-I'm going to have to buy the full size of both products because they're lovely to use! (I live in NZ where everything is ~700% more expensive)

on 3/5/2016 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't care for this shampoo as it makes my hair really dry. For reference, I have long, blonde, highlighted hair. I don't recommend this shampoo to anyone!

on 3/4/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Loving this. I have fine, greasy hair. Ew. This leaves is shiny and soft and gently smells like piƱa colada minus the rum. I'm not overly crazy about the scent of coconut and like that this is not sickly sweet. While it leaves my hair looking and feeling lovely, I have to say that static is a bit of an issue. I am zapping everything I touch - including the dog. (She doesn't seem to mind, so we're lucky.) Hoping that as the weather warms up and my house is less dry, then this resolves itself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pros: This shampoo cleans my hair well. It has a thicker consistency almost like hair gel, and I found it fun to massage it into my hair. The smell is coconut-y but not too strong, which is good.
Cons: Can be difficult to get shampoo out of the bottle, due to the consistency, and the bottle shape means you cannot stand it on its head.

I used it with the corresponding conditioner and unfortunately my hair was full of static after I used it, so I would not recommend it to anybody with fine hair living in a dry climate like I am.