Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo

Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because I saw it thought it would be a great shampoo. I've always loved the Organix brand. A lot of their products are awesome. This one though does not do a good job cleaning my hair. It leaves residue on my scalp, it makes my scalp itch, etc. It does smell good but it is not that great. It might be just that my hair doesn't absorb it that well but it's no good to me.

This is the first time I have tried the OGX brand and because of the coconut water I decided to give it a try. I love the cute bottle and even more so that it is made from recycled resins. I think the smell is great, not too strong and it cleaned my fine hair very well and left it lightweight. The texture seemed a little thick but when added to the water it was fine. Here is a video review

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So recently I noticed my hair was getting super dry. My hair is super important to me so I obviously went on the hunt to find something to help. When I came across this shampoo I was hoping for the best but not really expecting to get it. Omg, I was so wrong. After one use I could already feel my hair being more hydrated like the product claims! Now it's been 3 uses and the results are very great. I'd say my hair is back on track to what it used to be. You really can't beat the price either!

I bought this shampoo as a set with the matching conditioner and a tangle-teaser while I was in hospital and desperate for some kind of soap/shampoo/body wash that didn't smell like chlorhexidine surgical scrub (the stuff the hospital supplies). It was pretty pricey $33NZD for 2 travel sized products and a full size Tangle-Teezer (lets face it, I probably paid for that brush more than the shampoo!) I was excited to try it because holy smokes it smells like heaven. After I bought it, I came here to see what other people thought about it (bit of a backwards/risky move reading reviews AFTER purchase, but then again I'm not well known for doing things in the normal order.) I was really worried that I'd just spent a bunch of money on a dud product since most people here with similar hair-types to mine think the best and only good thing about these products are how they smell and that they did nothing for their hair.

I was pleasantly surprised, (my expectations were lower than Atlantis.) Firstly the shampoo has a really interesting kinda jelly like texture that lathers really nicely and gives a good clean, it smells like my trip to Samoa, tropical and coconutty, almost juicy. If I could eat this stuff safely I probably would. I initially tried it by itself since my hair is so fine if I walk in any kind of humid air it turns into a flat greasy mess and let it air dry. It was shiny, and soft but almost a little dry so I followed it up with the conditioner the next day. WOW I almost never use conditioner in my hair since it makes it greasy and limp, but this combination of them both was fantastic. I have soft, shiny bouncy, tropical smelling hair AND a Tangle-Teezer. Booyah.

Long story short:
Pros:
-Smells amazing
-Cleans hair without leaving it feeling 'squeaky'
-Fun jelly-like texture and lathers nicely
-Doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down like many shampoos.

Cons:
-Was a bit pricey but I'm pretty sure that the Tangle Teezer brush in the set was the real expense.
-Doesn't seem to be all that hydrating on it's own, needed the conditioner afterwards.
-I'm going to have to buy the full size of both products because they're lovely to use! (I live in NZ where everything is ~700% more expensive)

on 3/5/2016 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't care for this shampoo as it makes my hair really dry. For reference, I have long, blonde, highlighted hair. I don't recommend this shampoo to anyone!

on 3/4/2016 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Loving this. I have fine, greasy hair. Ew. This leaves is shiny and soft and gently smells like piƱa colada minus the rum. I'm not overly crazy about the scent of coconut and like that this is not sickly sweet. While it leaves my hair looking and feeling lovely, I have to say that static is a bit of an issue. I am zapping everything I touch - including the dog. (She doesn't seem to mind, so we're lucky.) Hoping that as the weather warms up and my house is less dry, then this resolves itself.

Pros: This shampoo cleans my hair well. It has a thicker consistency almost like hair gel, and I found it fun to massage it into my hair. The smell is coconut-y but not too strong, which is good.
Cons: Can be difficult to get shampoo out of the bottle, due to the consistency, and the bottle shape means you cannot stand it on its head.

I used it with the corresponding conditioner and unfortunately my hair was full of static after I used it, so I would not recommend it to anybody with fine hair living in a dry climate like I am.

on 11/12/2015 5:45:00 PM

This is a good shampoo that cleans hair thoroughly and leaves it feeling good! I have fine hair, but lots of it and between straight and wavy hair.

on 10/21/2015 9:25:00 PM

The cons first: sometimes the bottle isn't filled all the way and the cap breaks.
The pros: very high lather, faint scent, good cleansing power, excellent for keeping hair soft. If you prefer a gentle clarifier, this works. Some shampoo--like the very clarifying but sometimes TOO potent Aussie Volume--creates tangles but this one doesn't interfere with my curls. In fact, after trying it tonight, I think it's a keeper. I'm the cheapest person with shampoo but this one is worth the extra few dollars. It removes product without destroying your hair and the clear, gel-type formula is great for those who dislike heavy, creamy shampoo.

on 9/14/2015 8:56:00 AM

I've been using this for a few months now and I think that this gave my hair life again. My hair used to be all dry and brittle as well as the top of my hair. I decided to get a haircut 2 months ago, so I could get rid of my split ends and this shampoo made my hair soft and it hydrated the top of my hair. I think many people think or say that that it tangles your hair and I only experienced that the first few uses and not using hot water

Popular Shampoos