Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 4/29/2018 7:30:00 AM

I have sensitive skin and this foundation didn't cause any break outs, but that is the only good thing I can say about it. I bought this for €8 in the shade 010 Light Porcelain, which was too pink for my skin... but the next shade up was too dark. So the shade range was a problem for me. The consistency was so thick that I found it difficult to blend. It was streaky if I used my makeup brush to apply it, and it wasn't any better if I used my fingers. I also thought that this foundation was very drying, which only felt worse once I applied powder. Another thing I didn't like is that it would stick to any flaky patches I had, but wear off everywhere else! I'm just glad I didn't spend a lot of money on this!

on 4/19/2018 8:21:00 AM

I purchased this product in Light Porcelain 010 over a year ago. When it comes to applying the product I find that it goes on easy. The formula easily squeezes out of the tube. The formula is a bit thick for my liking, but this is indeed a mousse foundation, not a liquid.

Let me tell you that this product is highly transferable unless set with a powder. As someone who does not like to use powder, this product is a nightmare! It gets on my glasses and anything that touches my face. This product does not seem to fully 'dry'.

I have cool undertones and the porcelain shade is red compared to my complexion. Looking at my wrists, I appear quite yellow. When viewing myself in the mirror I can notice the redness, but other people have said otherwise.

I will say it is truly is a matte foundation as it claims.

Edit: I find that using a damp sponge to apply this product helps a lot when it comes to both preventing it from transferring and building up the coverage.

Whenever I think about how much I paid for this, I'm always a little shocked because it performs really well.

Pros:
- A good medium coverage, great for everyday wear if you have lots you want to cover, but don't want to look like you have that full coverage foundation mask on.
- Stays matte quite well. Doesn't completely eliminate shine, but significantly and noticeably reduces it.
-I don't notice it settling into lines any more than other foundations.

Could be better:
- Texture. But this is personal preference. It's not as fast to blend as a typical liquid foundation.
- Shades are a little off. I use 403. In natural light it appears to be a pretty good match albeit about half a shade darker. Yet in some white lighting it looks lighter and like there's a hint of a white cast.

What I've learned:
- Do NOT build this foundation up, because it will get cakey and emphasise texture badly. If you want extra coverage, use a concealer to spot conceal.
- I've found it's best to spread a very thin layer all over with my fingers, then dab it in with a sponge. I haven't tried a brush because I'm not a fan of brushes as there's a possibility of micro exfoliation. And though I haven't experienced it, I have a feeling that this foundation may cling to dry patches due to it's thicker texture.

Would recommend if:
You have normal to oily skin

Would not recommend if:
You have dry skin, or very textured skin.

Overall, it's a good everyday foundation, but I'm not in love with it to the point where I'd go out of my way to repurchase (since my shade isn't sold in my country). Might repurchase if there's a sale, but who knows. Good, but not Amazing foundation.

Edit 23/3/18:
Wanted to add: This foundation takes time to blend.
So if you want something that is quick for rushed mornings - this isn't for you. Blending this requires lots more time than typical foundations (and also a little more arm strength) So skip out if you're looking for something quick and easy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my HG foundation for years. It offers very good coverage,stays matte, doesn't break me out, and has a decent stay power. I even wore it on my own wedding with no problems at all. I only changed it because my skin's needs have changed in time and it even went quite crazy for a while, so I went out to try some new products, but I still use it from time to time. Unfortunately it doesn't have SPF (I prefer foundations that do, as my skin doesn't like it when I put anything with SPF directly on it, only on top of a moisturizer)

on 2/12/2018 6:52:00 PM

I bought this because the shade match from the tester was a perfect shade match on my arm. It did end up being a matching shade for my face once I tried it but it oxidized after about an hour leaving a "mask" look to my face. Given this was the lightest shade I couldn't try a lighter shade in the range. Anyway, the actual performance.

I tried this with 1 water-based primer, and 3 silicone-based primers, 2 setting powders, and 2 setting sprays. It definitely works best with a silicone-based primer and I had the best luck with my Elf loose powder applied with a sponge. I didn't notice a difference with the sprays. It applies like the old school "mousse" foundations. It's thick but spreads out well. I would recommend if you use this to try a few different application methods. I got the least cakey results by spreading it with my fingers and then blending in with a sponge. I found it wore off the nose after about 5 hours but the rest of the face did really well.

Sounds so far good right? Yeah, nope. I experimented a lot with this which also included difference blushes and highlighters... It ate them. Blush would apply fine but would disappear into the foundation after a couple hours. I couldn't get any glow from my highlighters. 4 layers would usually be blinding and I ended up with a subtle glow. I am going to return this foundation because it's just not worth this trouble and I want to be able to use whatever blush and highlighter I want regardless of my base. I should mention I haven't had this problem with any other foundation.

I would only recommend trying this if you have a great shade match and can buy it from somewhere you can return it.

on 1/9/2018 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Its so amazing Rimmel came out with more colors for this foundation. I wish this didn't break me out. Its so easy to blend on your face with fingers or a brush. SO EASY. Instant Medium coverage that looks smooth, natural matte, and feels lightweight. I LOVE the packaging.

The cons are that it doesn't stay matte throughout the day without a primer like estee lauder double wear would.Double wear ALSO breaks me out fyi. Its not as long wearing as something like double wear either, but I loved to use it because I could just slap it on, and set it with powder foundation which gave me a very nice coverage level on top of my scars and hyperpigmentation.

Its totally worth trying to see if you dont break out from it if you have normal to combination skin, even oily. Wouldnt recommend for VERY oily because then you would need a very tenacious foundation like Double Wear from EL. That said you could use this for quick errands, chill days (because its so easy to put on with fingers and it doesn't look overdone). Totally worth trying at the price point.

I am on my second tube of this stuff. I wear it on workdays or for dressing up because I definitely feel made up with this on. It covers(redness and spider veins) nicely and keeps me matte, but it is thick and I am still perfecting my application technique. It seems to work better when I apply it with my fingers rather than the beauty blender. It is also hard to get it all out of the tube towards the end.

on 12/29/2017 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea what the complaints are about this is beauty on a budget heaven. All day matteness, non- cakey, full coverage, non drying. Dirt cheap and it's a tube so no worries about germies. I think I purchased my third tube. Will keep buying.

on 12/28/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got it for $2.49 at Ulta. I use the Rimmel primer and set my face with powder that reduces the serious yellow undertone and add warmth back to my face. My face stays matte all day, however it’s winter and very cold. Per YouTube it’s not a warmer weather friendly foundation but i like it a lot right now and happy it was in shales for WOC, Warm Caramel (502) and because of price I got two

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The worst foundation in the market, no doubt. Thick, streaky, looks way too gray no matter what shade you choose, transfers like CRAZY and makes you look like you're wearing a mask. It doesn't even does what it promises - stay matte. The only good thing about it is that it gives great coverage (and looks good for like, 5 minutes). Waste of money.