Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is quite a disappointment for me. Its a very thick moussey foundation which is medium to full coverage. Once blended out with either a sponge or brush it does look lovely, but after powder goes on it goes patchy and you look like a cakey mess. It clings to dry patches and cakes off. If you have spots this will just make them stand out. If this foundation was less thick it would be a very nice and affordable foundation. A positive point about it would be the shades, the lighter ones aren't too orangey.

I usually have dry skin and use a dewy foundation, but this summer I started getting a very oily T zone with lots of breakouts. I picked this up to try and I LOVE it. It keeps my face shine free and covers my acne and red acne scars really well! I also love the consistency of it. it's like a mouse that glides well on skin, then sets matte. Lasts me all day. I do feel like I wouldn't be able to use this if my skin goes back to being dry, but it's great for right now!

on 7/9/2017 4:57:00 PM

Excellent for oily skin. For me it last all day. My skin looks great with this. It is a heavy coverage foundation but I love that.

Very good coverage for acne prone skin. It does wear off slightly if you touch your face a lot but apart from that, I can't fault it.

on 6/13/2017 9:30:00 AM

I registered here just to review this. I've tried a ton of foundations, drugstore and expensive, and nothing looks good, nothing matches my fair skin. This foundation is AMAZING. I get compliments on my makeup almost every day. I wish it could be a little bit lighter so I don't have to blend it down my neck, but it goes on easily and looks flawless. Seriously, NOTHING else works for me. Try this, I adore it.

on 6/8/2017 11:00:00 PM

I'm 47, combo skin/ leaning super oily ..for starters, I HATE foundation lol, I just really do(so surprised I like this!)...I tend to use NYX BB cream, or TheBalm Balm Shelter BB cream, loose mineral foundations, Lancome powder compact foundation etc...the only true full coverage liquid foundation I have ever really liked is Revlon Colorstay Whipped in the big round glass jar or Loreal True Match....I had a coupon for $4.50 off any Rimmel product, and this ended up costing 47c at Walmart, yep 47 CENTS! I actually kinda like it! Like I said I'm 47, no acne, minor laugh lines, and no big wrinkles yet, very oily skin, becoming combo with age...the method that works for me personally, that doesn't end up being cakey or too "mask like", is mixing a drop of almond oil with a very small amount of the foundation, I apply with my fingertips to get an even/light layer, then buffed it in with my Real Techniques expert face brush, a very light dusting of Rimmel stay matte powder on my t zone, ending with a spray of rosewater to set...I really liked the overall look. I'm not a girl that wears a full coverage foundation everyday, but when I do, I will use this again...

on 6/3/2017 2:37:00 PM

I was down in the make up shop and looking for a new foundation that can make me satisfied. Then saw this item and thought that it will be good after swatched almost everything in the aisle.

Then i tried i the moment i got home but i was realllllyyyy not happy with the result.

I felt like i have put some cement on my face. My pores got really highlighted and it doesnt have a good coverage at all.

Though i like the tube and the smell.

But i think that i wont buy this again.

on 5/28/2017 10:05:00 PM

Pretty impressed with this foundation, and specially for the price point. I had been using loreal's infallible, which I still use on occasion. However, I seem to gravitate towards this one for quick makeup application, instead. Great coverage.

Hi MUA,
I can tell you that Rimmel London, about 97 percent of the time does have some great and inexpensive cosmetics. This one was no surprise. It goes on very easy and it covers well. It's between a medium to full size coverage. It covers everything. Like all liquid foundations, it can get a little cakey..so I highly recommend women over 40 don't use a powder right after liquid foundation. Instead use a setting spray and then let it dry on your face before you move on to the rest of your make up application. During the day if you do get a bit of a shine, then use your pressed powder. I sway more towards a mineral foundation and I never have a problem with it. Once in awhile I do use a liquid or mousse foundation, depending on what's going on during the day. I wish that all the liquid foundations would come with a pump. This way here it saves you money on how much foundation is being wasted, and you can see if you over apply a foundation. But that's just me. I found that this foundation, does work like a high end foundation at a much cheaper price. It did last all day, minor touch ups during the day with a little powder. Yes I would recommend this foundation and yes I would buy it again. Hope this helps.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! With my oily skin, the more matte the better. However, the shade range is minimal. I'm white as paper and so just fine with the lightest shade but if I remember correctly the darkest shade is medium at best. This foundation can also emphasize dry patches (duh it's matte) and I personally stay away from it in the winter. Long story short, this is a great foundation for oily skin but if you have the slightest bit of dryness, it'll be emphasized to the max. The shade range is some poop. I would get it again but I'm not surprised by the iffy/negative reviews either.