Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 9/13/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm so confused about this foundation.

It's a bit of a paradox for me. It's very thick and feels greasy on the hand, but once applied to my face, I find that it can turn very cakey and dry (even with tons of moisturizer) and when dabbing full-coverage straight on my face with my fingers, I can still see my redness right through it, even with a straight out glob on my face. It's like it doesn't 'mesh' with your skin very well.

It's seems full coverage, yet doesn't cover healing pimples very well, it actually emphasizes them and makes them appear super dry (even with tons of moisturizer on them). the formula applies dry but after a few hours, can feel greasy?

I had high hopes for this, I tried applying it with a damp sponge and found that the formulation was just too thick to blend well with the bouncing motion of the sponge (and I didn't want to rub) - so I tried a brush the next day - and then found it became super dry on my skin. I almost feel like for a thick "fuller coverage" foundation - you have to have super clear perfect skin for this to really work. If you have redness, it doesn't cover it. If you have pimples, it will dry them out or glob over them (or make them flake). It's so odd. I'm going to keep playing around with it since it's so cheap (unless I break out) but what a weird formula. It almost reminds me of the cheap Halloween makeup you'd put on as a kid.

I will give it kuddos for keeping me matte longer than other foundations and not emphasizing my pores like more silicone/runny foundations, which is why I tend to keep trying to play with this on my skin.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a very good, highly concentrated foundation that I use to mix with a light weight foundation or BB cream, but I never wear this as a stand alone product. Some tips for avoiding a dry, cake-y look are to prep and moisturize your face very well before applying. This is a great time to use a glowy primer or moisturizer, and sometimes I add a drop of facial oil to the mixture as well. My shade is 010 Light Porcelain, which I believe is the lightest one. Light Porcelain has a pinkish undertone, especially when first applied, but it matches my NC 15 skin well after it sits on the skin. For spot concealing, use the tiniest bit and be sure to warm it thoroughly before gently tapping it into the skin.

NC 15 for reference, normal to dry sensitive skin

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I think this is a surprisingly good foundation. Actually nothing surprising becuase mostly Rimmel foundations have been great for me. The color Ivory matches great on my MAC NC15 skintone. Now it is summer though and my skin is lightly oilier. It will most likely to be too drying for me on winter. The the texture is quite thick cream and it has perfect medium to high coverage. I have got some freckles and they dont show through this foundation. This has not irritated my skin. It does not have fragrance to it. However at this age as I am now, I think putting on less heavy coverage would be more flattering so thats the only reason I would not repurchase. On top of this foundation my blush looks a little bit fake. Great high coverage foundation for those who need high coverage but dont want to spend big money. Lasted great all day becuase I can still see my blush now after my 8 hour shift. I work in the kitchen so it is hot too.

on 8/23/2017 8:55:00 AM

100 Ivory shade: darker and more brown than my current HG, Missha Perfect Cover BB in 13 Bright Beige. More of a cream than a mousse texture. The hunt continues.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've NO idea what's going on w/ my usual normal / combo type skin but lately I've gotten a couple pimples and none of my foundations seem to last past a few hours. At any rate I tried this as it was very inexpensive. Only $13.00 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. I was going to get my usual Rimmel "Wake Me Up Foundation" which I love, but wanted to try something new. I'm glad I tried this. I bought the 403 Warm Beige shade that they said was new. Carmel was a tad too dark so I went for this one. It's a little light, but looks fine after bronzer. It can provide a full(er) coverage that I like it a LOT! My hyperpigmentation scars are covered if I go over it again (spot conceal) and it gives a nice matte, flawless coverage. The best part is, it's lightweight. I did need a matte in my collection as most of my foundations are dewy. I think it's definitely worth a try for the price point.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation; it is perfect for my real oily skin, and I live under a very hot, humid tropical climate. I was a bit iffy about it due to the packaging and low price, but this has become a holy grail foundation for me. The shade is perfect and its finish is matte enough that I, a very oily girl, don't have to set it with powder if I don't want to. I usually apply this from a clean, flat surface onto a slightly wet Beauty Blender, and then I use the butt of the sponge to spread it all over my face. I find this gives me the most even coverage, since it is of a thicker, mousier texture. It doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines. At $5, I am in LOVE!

on 7/28/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like this foundation. Works better than higher end products. Covers very well. Great range of colors. Was able to find one that matched perfectly. Stays on really well and looks good all day. I use a moisturizer first since I have dry skin and then apply this. Sets to a beautiful finish.

I usually have dry skin and use a dewy foundation, but this summer I started getting a very oily T zone with lots of breakouts. I picked this up to try and I LOVE it. It keeps my face shine free and covers my acne and red acne scars really well! I also love the consistency of it. it's like a mouse that glides well on skin, then sets matte. Lasts me all day. I do feel like I wouldn't be able to use this if my skin goes back to being dry, but it's great for right now!

on 7/9/2017 4:57:00 PM

Excellent for oily skin. For me it last all day. My skin looks great with this. It is a heavy coverage foundation but I love that.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is quite a disappointment for me. Its a very thick moussey foundation which is medium to full coverage. Once blended out with either a sponge or brush it does look lovely, but after powder goes on it goes patchy and you look like a cakey mess. It clings to dry patches and cakes off. If you have spots this will just make them stand out. If this foundation was less thick it would be a very nice and affordable foundation. A positive point about it would be the shades, the lighter ones aren't too orangey.