Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Even though this product did not work for my skin type, it was still a very good foundation; hence the four stars.First of all, if you suffer from any type of dry skin or flakiness like I do, pass this foundation up. As the same suggests, this definitely has a true matte finish and is very well suited for oily to very oily skin, but other skin types might find this too drying. Now for the bonus points. This is one of the only foundations, drugstore or high-end, that has a shade that is light enough for very pale people. The lightest shade, called Porcelain, is truly porcelain, which is such a rarity in foundations. It also delivers solid medium coverage and lasted longer on my skin than most foundations. Summary- if you suffer from very oily skin, this might be the foundation for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG foundation for all occasions! I loved it back in the day. However, I couldn't wear it because they didn't have darker shades. Rimmel has no added four more darker shades to their selection and so finally, we meet again! I'm in the shade #400 and it's a perfect match for someone tan olive or NC40.

First of all, this is for people that truly have extremely oily skin. With a setting powder, this gives me a nice shine free finish that looks natural. It's not as matte as say ELDW and Revlon, This does look more like a skin finish. I only have to blot once while wearing this as well which is a huge task to achieve with my skin type.

Coverage is medium to full. I use two layers for full coverage.

It does have outstanding lasting power and can withstand the elements. It looks natural all day and doesn't get patchy or melt off my face.

*angels sing* THIS DOES NOT OXIDIZE. Those of us with very oily skin know the struggle with oxidation. When you have oily skin, it starts to mix with the foundation and change the components of it making it oxidize to darker shades. Rimmel Stay Matte doesn't do this.

This blends easily with a DAMP sponge or brush. I find that I need to spritz my application with some water in order to allow the foundation to glide across my skin. The consistency of this foundation is a mousse but it's thick and on the dry side.

This is literally found in almost every store and it's so cheap! LOVE this!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is a very good, highly concentrated foundation that I use to mix with a light weight foundation or BB cream, but I never wear this as a stand alone product. Some tips for avoiding a dry, cake-y look are to prep and moisturize your face very well before applying. This is a great time to use a glowy primer or moisturizer, and sometimes I add a drop of facial oil to the mixture as well. My shade is 010 Light Porcelain, which I believe is the lightest one. Light Porcelain has a pinkish undertone, especially when first applied, but it matches my NC 15 skin well after it sits on the skin. For spot concealing, use the tiniest bit and be sure to warm it thoroughly before gently tapping it into the skin.

NC 15 for reference, normal to dry sensitive skin

on 9/13/2017 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm so confused about this foundation.

It's a bit of a paradox for me. It's very thick and feels greasy on the hand, but once applied to my face, I find that it can turn very cakey and dry (even with tons of moisturizer) and when dabbing full-coverage straight on my face with my fingers, I can still see my redness right through it, even with a straight out glob on my face. It's like it doesn't 'mesh' with your skin very well.

It's seems full coverage, yet doesn't cover healing pimples very well, it actually emphasizes them and makes them appear super dry (even with tons of moisturizer on them). the formula applies dry but after a few hours, can feel greasy?

I had high hopes for this, I tried applying it with a damp sponge and found that the formulation was just too thick to blend well with the bouncing motion of the sponge (and I didn't want to rub) - so I tried a brush the next day - and then found it became super dry on my skin. I almost feel like for a thick "fuller coverage" foundation - you have to have super clear perfect skin for this to really work. If you have redness, it doesn't cover it. If you have pimples, it will dry them out or glob over them (or make them flake). It's so odd. I'm going to keep playing around with it since it's so cheap (unless I break out) but what a weird formula. It almost reminds me of the cheap Halloween makeup you'd put on as a kid.

I will give it kuddos for keeping me matte longer than other foundations and not emphasizing my pores like more silicone/runny foundations, which is why I tend to keep trying to play with this on my skin.

on 10/24/2017 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so this foundation breaks my heart. On one hand, it blurs pores, doesn't oxidize and doesn't look like a cakey mess but then there are the negatives. No matter what primer, powder, method or applicator I use, this foundation simply will not stay on my skin for more than 30 minutes. My skin *can* be oilier on certain days but for the most part, I would not consider it to be so slick that product cannot stay on. This just comes right off and transfers like mad. I have to say, I think it's because it never actually settles fully onto the skin and just sits on top. I'll use this on days when I'm not super concerned with my makeup lasting, just so my money wasn't a total waste but will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I've NO idea what's going on w/ my usual normal / combo type skin but lately I've gotten a couple pimples and none of my foundations seem to last past a few hours. At any rate I tried this as it was very inexpensive. Only $13.00 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. I was going to get my usual Rimmel "Wake Me Up Foundation" which I love, but wanted to try something new. I'm glad I tried this. I bought the 403 Warm Beige shade that they said was new. Carmel was a tad too dark so I went for this one. It's a little light, but looks fine after bronzer. It can provide a full(er) coverage that I like it a LOT! My hyperpigmentation scars are covered if I go over it again (spot conceal) and it gives a nice matte, flawless coverage. The best part is, it's lightweight. I did need a matte in my collection as most of my foundations are dewy. I think it's definitely worth a try for the price point.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I think this is a surprisingly good foundation. Actually nothing surprising becuase mostly Rimmel foundations have been great for me. The color Ivory matches great on my MAC NC15 skintone. Now it is summer though and my skin is lightly oilier. It will most likely to be too drying for me on winter. The the texture is quite thick cream and it has perfect medium to high coverage. I have got some freckles and they dont show through this foundation. This has not irritated my skin. It does not have fragrance to it. However at this age as I am now, I think putting on less heavy coverage would be more flattering so thats the only reason I would not repurchase. On top of this foundation my blush looks a little bit fake. Great high coverage foundation for those who need high coverage but dont want to spend big money. Lasted great all day becuase I can still see my blush now after my 8 hour shift. I work in the kitchen so it is hot too.

on 7/28/2017 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really like this foundation. Works better than higher end products. Covers very well. Great range of colors. Was able to find one that matched perfectly. Stays on really well and looks good all day. I use a moisturizer first since I have dry skin and then apply this. Sets to a beautiful finish.

on 8/23/2017 8:55:00 AM

100 Ivory shade: darker and more brown than my current HG, Missha Perfect Cover BB in 13 Bright Beige. More of a cream than a mousse texture. The hunt continues.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation; it is perfect for my real oily skin, and I live under a very hot, humid tropical climate. I was a bit iffy about it due to the packaging and low price, but this has become a holy grail foundation for me. The shade is perfect and its finish is matte enough that I, a very oily girl, don't have to set it with powder if I don't want to. I usually apply this from a clean, flat surface onto a slightly wet Beauty Blender, and then I use the butt of the sponge to spread it all over my face. I find this gives me the most even coverage, since it is of a thicker, mousier texture. It doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines. At $5, I am in LOVE!