Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! With my oily skin, the more matte the better. However, the shade range is minimal. I'm white as paper and so just fine with the lightest shade but if I remember correctly the darkest shade is medium at best. This foundation can also emphasize dry patches (duh it's matte) and I personally stay away from it in the winter. Long story short, this is a great foundation for oily skin but if you have the slightest bit of dryness, it'll be emphasized to the max. The shade range is some poop. I would get it again but I'm not surprised by the iffy/negative reviews either.

on 5/5/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros:
Cheap (like $4.99)
Matte
Long wearing
Full Coverage (very buildable though)
Cons:
Smell might be a much but it only lasts while applying
Can be too thick for some (recommend using a damp sponge blender)
Shade range may possibly be a problem So after years of wanting to try a Rimmel foundation (I couldn't because they never had my people of color

shade) I was browsing through Walmart and I saw this. This bad boy went straight into the cart so fast! I bought the color Caramel for reference. Now my skin is normally oily as hell but recently I've had a really bad case of eczema on my face, neck, and arms so I was kind of concerned that this might be too dry for me and accentuate my dry patches on my face. So with that in mind I used a damp beauty blender to buff this in. The color match was perfect and it was a nice full coverage, my face never looked so good! I finished up my face with Black Radiance pressed powder in Warm Hazelnut, Black Radiance blush in Toasted Almond, along with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
Story time:
I decided to put it to the test by going over to my friends night where we were having a girl's night in consisting of drinking, gossiping, and dancing the night away in our pajamas. I went to bed trashed (just being honest) and when I woke up I still looked just as good as when I put it on. By the way I slept on a WHITE pillow cover and there way no trace of face makeup on it! Even with other foundations and the same products that has never happened in my life!!! The girls were in shock, most of their foundations didn't last halfway into the night and here I was looking like I was ready to take on the world!!!

Edit:
This might be a little bit too much for daily use unless you plan to be out and about all day and night.
(Reason why I took off a lippie)
I also recommend using a spray like Mac Fix+ before using this for better application!

on 4/27/2017 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't have oily skin it's mostly dry but when the weather gets warmer I do get oily on my nose and chin, so I am looking for something for that issue.

The color range is small and excludes deeper skin tones plus, the two beige hues were very peachy. I ended up using true ivory which wasn't really as light as I thought it was and a decent match for my skin.

The squeeze tube is nice and the formula is creamy going on, blends really well and covers well also. I was impressed with the coverage but then I saw myself a couple hours later and I looked like I had cement on my skin. I didn't give up, I put on a heavier moisturizer and used a damp sponge. Success! The finish was much nicer, coverage a bit lighter but still good.

Later in the day I could see the foundation looking a bit cakey and pooling in my pores though. I tried to make it work, knowing I didn't have the skin type for the foundation but failed.

on 4/18/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

No good!! Don't waste your money!!

I'm actually quite shocked at how well this foundation did for me. I wanted something with a mousse like texture that didn't feel runny or oily. I liked the feel of this, as well as the coverage. The package is also easy and clean. It also lasts all day and didn't transfer. My only complaint is the colour was a little too pink for my Asian skin but it wasn't too bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is really cakey, patchy and does not blend well. It feels really thick and uncomfortable on the skin. The colour I have doesn't match my skin as it is so orange. I don't mind squeezey tube foundations but I would rather have a pump. The only good thing about it is the smell which is kind of like a mix of makeup scent and a bit of strawberry but some people might not enjoy that.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation was just meh. It seems as though I can never make it look natural. It looks pretty cakey and the coverage isn't the greatest. How ever, it is a good color for me and it does give some coverage. It doesn't really cover up my acne. It is around $5 so it's not a lot of money so it isn't like I spent $20 on it. Rimmel London the company tests on animals and at first they didn't want people to know that they test on animals so they decided to be shady about it. They avoided answering questions animal testing and told the people who came to them with questions regarding the animal testing to check their privacy policy and stuff like that. Or they'd try to sell them on about how they think that animal testing is wrong but they do test on animals. Tisk tisk Rimmel London tisk tisk.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is super matte. I have combo skin, oily t-zone & for me this is too matte. After it dried down, I felt that I looked like a mummy. It'd be great for scary Halloween & that's all I'd recommend it for.

on 3/9/2017 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was glad to see a couple deeper shades in a foundation in the Rimmel line since usually it is very limited in range where I buy it, so I tried out the shade Mocha. I use this foundation in combination with the Stay Matte Primer.

I apply it with the elf studio powder brush because it is dense and a little bit bigger than my stipple brushes. It is a thick consistency that is best when blended quickly, because when I swipe some on a part of my face and then move to another area it tends to dry a little bit and get harder to blend. I don’t think it has a heavy feeling on the face, in my opinion it is medium to full coverage and my face has a very smooth even look. I love the matte finish, I set it with loose powder and it looks great during the day for me.

on 2/26/2017 2:42:00 PM

I get the bad reviews because it is a thick foundation and you will notice it sitting on your skin, but I'm not mad at it. The color selection is minimal, but lucky me, I found a good colormatch. This is a good foundation for when I have a bad skinday because it is full coverage but it is kinda cakey. It stays for a long time and is matte. Not the best foundation but not the worst either.