Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 2/18/2017 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Note to self: steer clear of matter foundations. This looks great from a distance but up close it's a different story. It clings to every pore and crevice and fine line and amplifies. I applied with damp beauty blender in the hopes of getting a beautiful finish but this didn't happen. Not a fan and wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is a hidden gem!! Definitely not the most hyped up product in the beauty world, but it really is an amazing foundation for only $4.99! I would recommend applying it with a brush, I didn't have much luck using my fingers or a sponge. Once applied this makes my skin look flawless and matte. I have some acne scarring and large pores and this is the only thing that covers it and smoothes out my entire face. It keeps me matte throughout the day when set with powder. Definitely check this out if you are oily or combo and need a good medium/full coverage foundation.

on 2/16/2017 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Just a heads up: I have only tried this foundation for the first time today making this a first impressions. I have worn it all day so I know exactly what I have to say about this product.

I have quite the oily skin and decided to pick up the Stay Matte foundation because I already have the powder and primer from the same collection. Upon first application I noticed that this foundation is very bendable, meaning you only need a pea-sized amount of this. It goes completely matte which I love and feels very smooth on the skin. I was especially surprised about the coverage...this on me is a full coverage, I only needed one thin layer of this stuff and it covered all my redness and blemish scars. I paired this with the Stay Matte powder and went by with my day. I noticed that after about 3-4 hours of wear my nose looked a bit shiny however the rest of my face was in tact. After I got home (7-8 hours after application) I noticed how cakey this product looked on me. I feel in a way this wasn't the products fault, since my oily skin can make most foundations look cakey and greasy after a day's wear. However it lasted not too bad. I will however say their latest foundation "Fresher Skin" lasts a lot longer and doesn't get shiny at all, however I much prefer the finish on this foundation.

Things that weren't so good about this foundation? It felt a tad bit drying and a little heavy however wasn't really something that bothered me too much. I picked up shade Ivory and it fits me quite well, was a little lighter than my skin tone but fixed it up with my powder in shade "Sandstorm" which is a shade darker which matched me perfectly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

SHOCKED at how awesome this foundation is. My toddler son was running thru the aisles at target and i felt like i deserved a little something for myself for agreeing to brave Target on my own with a 2.5 year old, but I had literally 4 seconds to grab something off the shelf as he sprinted around the corner. Something about this foundation caught my eye, I guessed my color, and tossed it in my cart as i continued the chase after my toddler.

I got home and read the packaging and decided this was not really a foundation I would use much but it wasn't worth returning so I stuck it in my travel makeup bag which I bring to work everyday. I could use this foundation in an emergency.

Months later I left for work without applying makeup. No big deal as I wouldn't be seeing clients that day...or so I thought...until my boss asked me to join him in a meeting that afternoon. Panic. Sheer panic. I grabbed my makeup bag and sprinted to the bathroom. I hastily applied this stuff with my fingers and voila! The coverage is awesome! It covered my acne scars and managed to look really natural. How?

It has been upgraded to my regular makeup routine and I am now using it regularly.

on 2/5/2017 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is HG if you need a cheap very mattifying foundation. The key for application is a damp beauty blender and a small blob of makeup on a pallet, the. Blending and dabbing over your face. If you are not incredibly oily this will look terrible, but for me it's great!!

on 2/1/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Best drugstore foundation ever. Lasts all day. Great coverage. No breakouts. Great package. Ivory matches my nc20 skin. And for the price it's worth trying.

on 1/28/2017 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation I found great for coverage at the beginning, the texture felt quite heavy but gave a flawless matte finish. As I continued to use the product it seemed to begin to dry out my skin which does not allow for a smooth application of the product. Found this foundation began to be patchy and slightly pinkish in the tone.

I bought this product after Reading up about it on Paula's Choice. It was recommended for oily or acne prone skin.
Disgusting. Ivory is Way too dark for fair skin.
I tried it at work today, put 2 swatches on my skin and after about 30 mins the foundation was a pink tone and it had darkened about 2 levels.
Disgusting. Do not buy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a complete fail for me. The only redeeming quality it has is its price, as I don't feel too out of pocket. But I do feel like I wasted so much time and effort with this product. Firstly, for a product that has the word "Matte" in its label, it feels incredibly greasy just out the tube. I thought the texture was suspect as soon as I put it on and started blending. Sure enough, a few hours in, this begins to feel incredibly uncomfortable and heavy. Even worse, it begins transferring everywhere! I always set my make up with a dusting of powder and i've never had a foundation transfer like this one. It actually does have 'staying power' in the sense that it never quite fades away, but rather, clings to your face in all its greasy glory. It also oxidises quite a bit and even though I bought this in two different shades to play around with, both sort of ended up morphing into some dark, orangey-purple by the end of the work day. I also feel like this soaked up whatever product I applied on top of it like bronzer and blush. I tried a few times with this, thinking I made a mistake with application/primer/amount put on. I used a variety of tools, and nothing really made much of a difference. The only way I could make this product sort of work was if I applied only a very very ultra thin layer that gave no coverage whatsoever -- but then why bother? Would not recommend.

on 1/12/2017 11:35:00 AM

I am in my forties, and have been wearing/experimenting with makeup for decades. I loved the name, "Liquid mousse" - it just sounds scrumptious, right? While the texture was okay coming out of the tube, it went on (with my flat topped brush) in a white, thick way. With hope in my heart, I thought, "Okay, good coverage. . ." and waited a bit after I put it on - doing my hair, my eyes, my lips, eyebrows. . .then I took a look in my magnifying mirror, to see what this delightful mousse was doing in the meanwhile. Egads! My skin is combo - dry cheeks and oily t-zone. The foundation had pooled on top of my skin - there were huge, pale dots (allegedly pores) all over my cheeks and nose! I've never seen such a travesty on my own face before, and I've had some skin crises in the past (cystic acne, chickenpox, poison ivy).

I stared in disbelief, wondering if it would "even" itself out while I got dressed, while warming up on my skin. (I'm not on drugs, it's called denial and/or ridiculous optimism).

After I was completely dressed, I took another look in the mirror. My face was chalky and uneven, and the gargantuan pale dots were still everywhere. Dismayed, I did what I've never done in all of my decades of trying on foundation for the first time - I washed it all off. I had to wash it three times, heartily scrubbing with a wash cloth to get that mess off of my face, and start over.

The upside to this? It was such a relief to get all that horrid foundation off, that when my clean skin emerged, I was shocked at how good it looked, LOL. Self-esteem bonus. Thanks, Rimmel.