Olay Fresh Effects S'Wipe Out Refreshing Make-up Removal Cloths

Olay Fresh Effects S'Wipe Out Refreshing Make-up Removal Cloths

1.1

Water/Eau, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Hexylene Glycol, Acrylates/Vinyl Isodecanoate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance/Parfum, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

I have gone through 2 weeks of trying to work out why my skin has had red patchy, scaly flaking areas when I put my usual make up on for work. I use my normal reliable & effective moisturiser & nothing had changed other than my fiancé bought me these facial cleansing wipes instead of my usual brand swisspers. My colleague said after I had tried to clean the latest patch of horrendous dry flakes off the bridge of my nose to the point after just one wipe, it bled, that I may be having an allergy to something I've started using. Finally I worked it out. I put an excel spreadsheet of ingredients of my usual brand swisspers facial wipes to these to eliminate the same ingredient, came up with cottonoil seed being a cause of psoriasis on the face. I've given feedback to Olay on what has occurred but this is the first time I've ever had such a horrific effect from a facial product & hopefully the last time! Now I've stopped using them, my face has gone back to normal!

on 5/10/2016 6:57:00 PM

I wish I'd read the reviews and if I could give negative lippies I would....I grabbed these instead of my normal Ponds wipes because they were on sale at Target this week and they were out of the Ponds. The scent stings your face and burns my eyes. After two uses my eyelids are so dry they are peeling! I threw this sh*t away!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this because it was half off and I can see why it was. The wipes dried my skin and stings my eyes! I have sensitive skin so I don't know if it's just me. I only wear eye makeup so I wiped it there, but when I went in with my other eye remover, i saw a ton of makeup the olay wipes did not take off. I'll just keep it simple, do not waste your money because they hurt your skin and burn your eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i completely understand these reviews. i do not understand who buys thpese because theyre absolutely terrible!!! first off i these wipes were on the dry side, second they burn the hell out of my eyes and third of all they do not take off all of my makeup. do not purchase!!!

on 8/18/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I hated those wipes. They were dry and irritating for my skin, and they were really too hard on my small under eye skin. They removed my foundation fine, but they were drying also in the same time. I'm not a fan at all. The packaging is also annoying because it doesn't stay closed really well.

on 6/23/2015 1:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love makeup wipes cos I'm lazy and I've used tonnes but these are by far my least favourite, and I'm being pretty generous with a score of two.

The wipes themselves are not very soft and they are pretty dry too. I thought these might have been gentle given that Olay is well known for there facial moisturizers but they weren't. They do a pretty good job of removing my foundation but they dry out my skin a little. As for eye products, I refused to use them on my eyes the second I opened the packaging. They are so strongly perfumed and I just didn't trust them around my eyes.

I don't have sensitive skin so they didn't bother me, sure they removed the majority of my makeup and the packaging is really cute but they are just bad compared to say my favourite (Swisspers). I won't buy again.

on 5/16/2015 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

I'm a big fan of makeup remover wipes, but these are pretty awful. Very coarse, though they smell quite nice. Honestly, I find the best way to remover makeup is baby wipes. They are gentle, hypoallergenic, available fragrance free, and are super cheap.

on 3/30/2015 1:12:00 PM

Awful - burned my eyes when removing mascara and eyeliner, and made my lips numb when removing lipstick!

Burned my eyes terribly! The fragrance was overwhelming. The wipes are thin and cheap. Needed to scrub to get half of my stila eyeliner off! Switching back to neutroegna or simple

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I can do here is echo all the other horrible reviews for this product. I don't use wipes on a regular basis but I usually have some on hand and use them from time to time for makeup removal prior to cleansing. I picked up this pack because it was on sale. One night after an evening of heavy drinking and shenanigans I just couldn't motivate myself to do my whole skin care routine so I decided to use one of these Olay Fresh Effects wipes. Great idea, right? Wrong! I didn't suffer the burning eyes like many other reviewers, or maybe I did and in my drunken state I didn't notice. It seemed to do a fairly decent job of removing my makeup, again maybe it didn't and I just thought it did....I woke up the next morning to find my entire face covered in an angry bright red rash. My skin was actually painful to touch and so dry and irritated it even felt rough. I have no idea what is in these wipes that caused so much irritation, usually my skin tolerates things pretty well. I threw these wipes in the trash and recommend you run, don't walk, as far from them as you can.