3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I have a version of this that's not labelled "Matte", but the formula is pretty matte, so I'm putting this review here. I have this in Light. Sadly, Light is still too dark for me most of the year. I can only use this in summer really. That's the only downside, because I love this BB cream otherwise: Good coverage, covers redness, really blurs pores and blemishes, doesn't rub or wash off easily. I'm not sure I trust the SPF 15, since it's not technically rated for UVA and UVB...but I'll probably wear a sunscreen under it anyway. It has a pretty strong Rimmel smell, the same as their primers, but it fades eventually. I'd buy it again for summertime. I ordered a Very Light in a slightly different formulation, the SPF 25, but for some reason they don't stock it in Australia, a country of famously very pale people. Come on, Rimmel.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

I’ve used probably 3 of these up! I really like this bb cream for a natural skin look! This is more of a matte product and leaves my skin looking good all day! I like the light/medium color for me too it adds warmth to my skin! However if you are sensitive to scents in products I would avoid this as it has a strong smell!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

First time applying, I was impressed because it went on fairly smooth and offered good coverage, more than I would expect from a BB cream. Looked natural, but after an hour my face felt very oily and almost dirty-- not mattifying at all. I could feel the makeup on my face. Tried it for a few days to give it a fair shot and ended up breaking out a lot!! It says it is non-comedogenic and helps prevent blemishes, but clearly false!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

It is the worst BB cream I've ever had. It is really thick, does not blend well and it dries really fast. I honestly hate it. And those "9-in-1" effects are not true.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

3 years ago

I liked it, but I think it may have caused me to have some breakouts

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I haven't tried a lot of BB creams, but I LOVE this. It goes on a bit greasy, but I kind of like it because it feels moisturizing. And while is does go on greasy, it turns matte after a little while. I often like to set it with a light dusting of powder. It has good coverage, but it looks super natural and isn't heavy. Blends nicely with my concealer and powder. Awesome product for the price!! Bottle tends to get a little dirty, but I think thats just because I often use my fingers to blend it in.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

from

3 years ago

Doesn't break me out. Better at hiding imperfections in comparison to other creams.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Very orange, coming from an NW10/NC15. Finish is a nice demi-matte, it looks and feels like skin yet gives decent coverage. It's somewhere in between a true BB and what-I-expect-out-of-American-BB coverage.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

4 years ago

Everyone's skin is different, but for me, this product was pretty solid for the price. For a couple of years before I started wearing foundation every day, I used it almost exclusively during the day in conjunction with color correcting concealer for light coverage and protection from the sun. Occasionally, I used it as a primer under MAC foundation. It was okay for that, too, though not as good for the skin as "real" primers. A decent drugstore BB with a little SPF as a bonus.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

Unfortunately this didn't really do much for me in the way of making my skin matte. The coverage is reasonable for a BB cream and although it started off okay, at around the 3-4 hour mark I started to see the usual signs of oil in my t-zone area which required a couple of blotting sheets at lunchtime to remove the worst of it. I also found that this oxidised quite badly, especially in warmer weather. I have the lightest shade available (Light) so was surprised to see just how orange-toned it became when it started to oxidise. I have found a good way of using up what's left however - I mix it with another, slightly too dark, foundation I have to make it a lighter shade. When mixed with this other foundation (a Boots Natural Collection one) it doesn't seem to oxidise at all and the overall matte finish seems to last a little longer too. I wouldn't repurchase this based on my experiences, but for someone who has less oily skin than mine, it might work better.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43