Clairol Color Me Happy Dry Shampoo Herbal Essences

2.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I follow directions on hair care to a T. Shake well, spray at the roots, wait awhile and then rub in into your scalp. I had heard from someone that this was good, but it's basically a volumizer similar to a hairspray and not a real dry shampoo. It must be the tapioca powder that is the worst ingredient, or a combination of everything just not working well together. It's still on the shelves and their website, so it's not discontinued. There are many complaints online about the nozzle breaking completely off and then you're left with wasted product. Keep your receipt if you choose to buy it. I returned it after one use because it made my hair feel like hay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I believe this product is discontinued and for good reason. It was the equivalent of spraying rubbing alcohol on my hair. My hair was dry, gritty and still oily at the same time. The smell was dispersed in "stages". First came the rubbing alcohol smell then the rose smell, which unfortunately didn't cover the rubbing alcohol smell.

Don't but this!

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i got a dry shampoo from herbal essences, it wasnt this one, it had an orange bottle. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. it does nothing. it does take away some of the oiliness but only like 20% and it feels really weird on the hair, it made my hair look this weird matte color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever used, I would rather walk around looking like a grease ball than use this again! It made my hair feel disgusting and gritty, it's like a dry shampoo hair spray combo i could barely run my fingers through it to put it in a pony. I will never buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

i bought this because i was tired of using my usual batiste and i like to change things up. they didn't have the dove dry shampoo i was looking for, but i saw that herbal essences had come out with a dry shampoo, and it was for colour treated hair. awesome! the price wasn't bad either, so i was stoked.

the scent was amazing, it smells just like colour me happy shampoo and the scent actually lingers. however, when i used this product my hair felt REALLY gritty and i figured it was because i didn't properly brush out the product or something. the fact that it's been recently processed made sense why adding product to my hair was gonna leave this kind of feeling.

my final thought, i am never buying this product again. i used this product for a few days after a wash and it doesn't absorb oil well, it leaves your hair feeling crunchy and gritty even when it's brushed out properly. the nozzle was already leaking as well. at least it was only like 2.85 or so, i didn't feel as bad for chucking this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like the way this smells, but it doesn't do very much in terms of absorbing oils. I have yet to find an HG dry shampoo. But it's not as if this is a horrendous product. :/

For the price, this is my favorite dry shampoo.

I loved this product for all of two days before it all went horribly wrong. The smell was as divine as I expected from Herbal Essences and I was achieving the standard results a good dry shampoo gives you. However - as many reviewers have said - the nozzle clogged and spat at me. I tried to work with it, I tried to clean it, but after a while it stopped spraying altogether. I had no choice but to throw it out with about three quartets of dry shampoo left in the can. So, while I loved this product while I could physically get it out of the can, I will not be purchasing it again until they sort out their packaging.

I'm so surprised by the bad reviews prefer this a whole more than batiste as doesn't leave that powdery residue on your hair. This made my colour more vibrant like I just hot it done and the slightly tacky texture really volumised my hair. will defo repurchase

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this. I am a pretty loyal Herbal Essences user and I was so excited when they FINALLY released a dry shampoo. Most dry shampoos I've tried smell so awful they give me a headache.

This one smells divine, so fresh and light. And its effectiveness was acceptable as well, on par with other dry shampoos I've tried which pretty much just matte-ify your hair to get rid of the oils (this doesn't bother me much because I've not experienced an alternative result, I figure all dry shampoos do this).

But my big huge gripe about this is the darn packaging!!!! After a few times using this, the nozzle started spitting out the liquid all over the place! One day I noticed a few white spots on my face and realized it was the dry shampoo from the unruly spray. Since that day I notice that it almost always sprays on my face.

Also, I have about a half a bottle left right now and the spray nozzle broke. I've had this happen to other brands with the same type of spray nozzle. Looked like buildup of product was causing this so I tried to gently clean it out but to no avail. SO ANNOYING.

I would love this product if it weren't for the faulty spray not only dying halfway through but spraying all over the place.