Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this after hearing many reviews that it was a good product and seeing it had fairly good reviews on here, but I would always notice my makeup NEVER lasted, then I went to Sephora to try a different primer and OMG I tried the Dr. Jarts dis a pore (it's labeled bb cream but the girl said it's used as a primer) and wow this stuff is amazing. It made my makeup look beautiful and flawless and last all day (what a primer is supposed to do) so i realized don't waste the 6 bucks on this stuff, splurge a little bit to get the skin you have always been wanting.

on 12/9/2016 9:54:00 PM

The main reason why this is a good primer is the rating it gets on the EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. It scored 1 for toxicity levels (which is fantastic) and is a low hazard cosmetic. Big big tick there.

The consistency of this product is very thick. Thicker than I like, but it settles on application so it's not too bad. It works fine for me.

Does it mattify my makeup? Lol I have no idea. My makeup is matte because of the foundation and powder I use, not because of the primer. Maybe this primer has the power of mattifying one's complexion but I really couldn't say.

Irrespective it's a cheap, affordable and low hazard cosmetic.....so 10/10

I use this for mattifying and place it on mostly on my T-zone (I also use a pore filling primer just on my large pores near my nose). I then use a powder foundation on top of it, so depending on what your routine is, your mileage may vary!

Pros:
Face takes longer to get shiny (less blotting!)
Foundation goes on/adheres nicely
Bronzer/Blush is vibrant for WAY longer
Texture is like lotion, feels like nothing on skin and isn't drying
Cheap and easy to find

Cons:
Doesn't keep me totally matte, but that's the oily skin life!
Rimmel is not cruelty free so I debate repurchasing :(

After only using high end primers, I decided to try Rimmel Stay Matte Primer after seeing it listed as a favorite drugstore brand primer on a blog. I love it! I prefer the texture to silicone based primers like Smashbox Photo Finish. My combination skin is prone to t-zone shine and this primer is truly mattifying. It feels moisturizing but not oily or sticky. It makes a perfect base for liquid foundation and keeps it from disappearing during the day. Love it!

on 11/30/2016 5:55:00 AM

I use this around my nose to keep my oily bits under control. Works well, does what it says and keeps the area matte so that I didn't have to powder my face all the time.

I'd be careful with using this on dry skin though. I have combination skin and when I made the mistake of putting this near my eyes it creased my concealer and highlighted my dry areas.

on 11/13/2016 10:40:00 PM

I have oily/combo/ periodically acne prone skin and this worked well for about 2 weeks then I noticed I was breaking out in odd places and places that I applied this the most, my chin, nose and my side nose/cheek poor area. I broke out with painful pimples and they wouldnt go away or pop... They were the type that sit in your skin for weeks until they feel like surfacing then after they get horribley scabby and peely. Never will I buy this or any primer with silicone in it again. This may work for others though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was expecting for this product to be awesome. It keeps me matte for nomore than 3 hours. It actually makes me shine more when wearing it under my make up. Its pretty pricey for the outcome of this product. I also have a very oily t zone area.

on 10/25/2016 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the Caribbean, and after two days of using this primer and sweating I must say that it does keep my foundation in place however I still shine like a disco ball!

on 10/9/2016 1:46:00 AM

This is a long review but I promise, you might understand my struggles, so I advise you stick with it!...

I have a difficulty buying some drugstore foundations because even though I have a medium skin tone (now light-medium as my tan is fading) I have a yellow undertone and A LOT of drug store foundations are pink. I have a combo oily in the t zone kind of skin type so I love foundations that last all day. I would absolutely love Revlon Color Stay if it didn't pull too pink on me :( Any way... I have been using Maybelline Fit me Matte and Poreless in the shade warm nude (128). It's kind of light but I think it oxidizes on me during the day and ends up looking perfect....

So on to the product at hand... I love the price point of the Fit Me and was hearing soooo many people rave about it. However, I was trying it with silicon heavy primers in the past and just noticed my make up kind of getting cakey and almost separating about 2 hours into wearing it. To be honest, I don't know if it was because I was putting on too much powder or if it was the primer... But I have used powder in the past and it never really got cakey on me as I wore different foundation....So I decided to give Rimmel Stay matte primer a chance. I was between getting this and the Rimmel stay matte powder but decided on the primer because I already own so many types of powder and didn't want to keep on purchasing powders when I truly in my gut felt it might be a primer+foundation issue... So I purchased this primer, applied it all over my face, mostly concentrating on my t-zone. I used my Fit me with a beauty sponge and applied it in multiple thin layers to get the desired coverage. I used no powder to see if the primer can stay alone. (I plan on trying it out with powder to see if it cakes up with the foundation or if it really was just the primer that was causing me so many issues).

Let me tell you! I wore this combination for 9+ hours and my face stayed in place all day. For not using powder, I obviously got oily in my nose area and blotted about 4 hours in (something I don't really mind doing because I usually buy ELF blotting sheets for 1 dollar and don't mind blotting it up)...

Any way, Fit Me doesn't claim to be long lasting and I see many people confirm that... So I know that the reason why this foundation stayed in place and lasted just as well as when I've used Revlon Color Stay (before I realized that it pulled pink in bright sunshine). This primer is amazing, and has allowed me to not regret my foundation purchase and is even making me consider repurchasing the 5-7 dollar foundation when I'm up.

Sorry if this felt like a foundation review. I felt that the most honest way I can talk about it and give you all an accurate account of Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer is by talking about my current foundation struggle. Since primer is most usually paired with a foundation I feel that most people would hopefully get where I'm coming from.

So, I highly recommend this foundation to anyone who 1) gets oily throughout the day, though oils will come through (I'm not incredibly oily either) and 2) wants their foundation to stay in place. Even though as I said my oils did come through, because the foundation stood in place all day, the oil on my face made me look dewey in a beautiful natural way versus a oily sweat fest.

And for reference, the day I tried this out it was incredibly humid and drizzling all day and I definitely walked a lot and sweated a bunch. I have not tried this on a dry day, however, if I do it and something goes wrong (which I can't imagine this happening) I will update you all!

on 10/6/2016 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It minimizes the appearance of pores on my face really well, helps to mattify my face for a couple hours and slightly reduces the redness on my nose area. BUT. It doesnt set and moves around in several places that is more oily as im trying to tap my foundation into my face. But it does a great job minimizing my pores although it doesnt last all day. So i'm just using this primer alone for school to make my face looks smooth and less oily without any coverage.