Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Decent primer. I got it half price, which suits me just fine - not sure I would have tried it otherwise. It fills pores on my cheeks, but doesn't help much anywhere else, and doesn't help the dryness around my nostrils. Still, foundation looks a little smoother on top of this. It DOES help oil stay down, and keeps my face from sliding off. But I think I'll use a different primer with my foundation.

What I absolutely LOVE this primer for, however, is for putting on TOP of sunscreen. I have a sunscreen (oil-free, 'matte', yeah sure) which goes on pretty matte but will get me oily over the course of a day. Put Rimmel Stay Matte primer over the top of it, and my skin stays shine-free all day. I love this. It's solved my sunscreen woes, which is actually a huge deal.

You need to rub this in a fair amount because once it sets, it will leave a white cast if not properly rubbed in.

on 12/24/2017 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It does what it says - stay matte.

However, it doesn't really help with pores and can cause makeup to be more difficult to blend on top/look slightly patchy.

This controls oil as good as anything else I’m still oily at 3PM but I get best results w it & CoverGirl Oily Skin Matte BB together. I had bought this & cast it aside but I got it in my December 2017 ipsy so it reminded me why I liked it & I will rebuy it’s as good as I’m going to get. I can’t afford porefessional I will splurge for MAC Matte somexs using that for special occasions but Rimmel makes many a fine product their Nude kohl is HG status I like the highlight trio & white eyeshadow that e/s is HG!!!

on 12/10/2017 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The product has a very lotion-like consistency and it's not instantly matte - you have to wait a little. It feels a little heavy on the skin, not too much and does not fill in the pores even a little. This product does keep the oils at bay, however it would be nice if it actually filled in pores, to save the hassle of applying two separate primers.

This helps my foundation apply on smoothly. It has a nice fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The dream for every oily girl out there!
By FAR the best Drugstore primer I`ve ever tried and a STRONG competitor for most of the High End primers too. It`s everything you could want in a primer- it controls the oily areas with no problem and leaves a velvety texture to this skin, making the foundation stick to it easily. When I want my makeup to last all day I always reach for this and it never disappoints me.
The price is amazing for the quality you get.

on 9/10/2017 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have a mixed feeling about this product. i bought this products because i ran out of my primer (porefessional and maybelline baby skin) but i want to buy a new one (but affordable, i can't afford smashbox or hourglass...). because rimmel is a good brand and price is affordable, i decide to buy one. it really makes my foundation sticks and last long, BUT it makes my foundation doesn't apply well. it makes patchy just minutes after i apply it (i usually get patchy like few hours after applying) and doesn't blend well. it's like a glue. i read to use it in generous amount but it does worse. i think i will try to look more decent primer (i think i'll go back purchasing porefessional...)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I finally got my hands on this primer and agree with the utubers that said this was a very good mattifying primer. It even keeps my eyebrows(no brow hair at all) matte while I'm drawing them in and carving out. Now as far as syaying matte up to 8hrs, no. I'll stay oil free maybe 1in half mayne 2. Since yesterday was the first time trying I'll repost next week to see if I'm wrong. Instead of comb/oily in summer it's just oily all over instead of the t-zone area.

on 8/3/2017 1:00:00 PM

This is not a bad option, given the price point, but it contains talc and did not work with all my foundations. It does not blur pores very well and I find I need that more than the mattifying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used up a whole tube of this and just repurchased today. I have dry skin but I don't want to look all-over dewy all the time, and this primer really works for my skin.

I'm currently using Epiduo nightly and my skin is super dry and super sensitive and purging, so not a fun time. To combat the dryness I'm using rich moisturizers and sunscreen which can look greasy under makeup. This primer allows me to moisturize my poor skin while keeping it velvety matte under my foundation. It isn't uncomfortably matte or oil-sucking, so maybe not for very oily skin, but for normal-dry skin it's perfect.