Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

3.5

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, POLYPROPYLENE, SILICA, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURETH-7, TRIBEHENIN, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CHLORPHENESIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)].

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The dream for every oily girl out there!
By FAR the best Drugstore primer I`ve ever tried and a STRONG competitor for most of the High End primers too. It`s everything you could want in a primer- it controls the oily areas with no problem and leaves a velvety texture to this skin, making the foundation stick to it easily. When I want my makeup to last all day I always reach for this and it never disappoints me.
The price is amazing for the quality you get.

on 9/10/2017 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have a mixed feeling about this product. i bought this products because i ran out of my primer (porefessional and maybelline baby skin) but i want to buy a new one (but affordable, i can't afford smashbox or hourglass...). because rimmel is a good brand and price is affordable, i decide to buy one. it really makes my foundation sticks and last long, BUT it makes my foundation doesn't apply well. it makes patchy just minutes after i apply it (i usually get patchy like few hours after applying) and doesn't blend well. it's like a glue. i read to use it in generous amount but it does worse. i think i will try to look more decent primer (i think i'll go back purchasing porefessional...)

on 8/3/2017 1:00:00 PM

This is not a bad option, given the price point, but it contains talc and did not work with all my foundations. It does not blur pores very well and I find I need that more than the mattifying.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I finally got my hands on this primer and agree with the utubers that said this was a very good mattifying primer. It even keeps my eyebrows(no brow hair at all) matte while I'm drawing them in and carving out. Now as far as syaying matte up to 8hrs, no. I'll stay oil free maybe 1in half mayne 2. Since yesterday was the first time trying I'll repost next week to see if I'm wrong. Instead of comb/oily in summer it's just oily all over instead of the t-zone area.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used up a whole tube of this and just repurchased today. I have dry skin but I don't want to look all-over dewy all the time, and this primer really works for my skin.

I'm currently using Epiduo nightly and my skin is super dry and super sensitive and purging, so not a fun time. To combat the dryness I'm using rich moisturizers and sunscreen which can look greasy under makeup. This primer allows me to moisturize my poor skin while keeping it velvety matte under my foundation. It isn't uncomfortably matte or oil-sucking, so maybe not for very oily skin, but for normal-dry skin it's perfect.

on 6/24/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found this needed careful. application and to be applied sparingly. If I used too much product it started flaking and looking awful within an hour.

On its own I felt it did reduce my pores and mattify my skin, although not so much as to look lifeless.

I didn't see any benefit under foundation, but it also didn't help it.

I will use this tube on days i don't wear foundation but don't plan on repurchasing.

on 4/7/2017 9:04:00 AM

I bought this after seeing my favourite woman on Youtube rave about it. I was not disappointed. This makes makeup go on so much smoother and it absolutely keeps my oil under control. I am still shiny at the end of the day but with my skin, that is to be expected. It has a very thick consistency that was just a little difficult to blend over my entire face, but other than that I really do love this primer.

on 3/27/2017 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this sometime around the end of last summer, I think, because even my matte foundations were not holding up well in the heat and humidity. I held off on reviewing it until I was certain I knew how it worked with my skin and foundation, and I'm really disappointed in it now.

When I first started using this, I was dealing with very oily, breakout-prone, sensitive skin. Most of my breakouts (and, oddly, the oiliness of my skin that I've assumed was just my skin type since I was a teenager) have been resolved since I discovered I'm gluten intolerant. Now I only break out hormonally or because of a product. In this case, it's definitely this product that caused my breakouts. I've tested it a few times over the last couple of months, after using my regular products with a different primer, but only when I used this one did I break out. It isn't even just acne type breakouts, though. I also end up with something like hives (tiny bumps, a bit of redness, and a lot of itching), usually while I'm still wearing this primer. Very annoying. (I think my skin just doesn't like Rimmel much, because I had a similar reaction to a couple of powders and a foundation in the past.)

As for the "stay matte" claim...well, it does an alright job, I guess. It does seem to help keep the oil at bay longer than non-matte primers I've used. But, because my skin is now more normal (to dry), I can't use this all over or my skin gets very dry, very quickly, which leads to my foundation looking flaky and gross.

The one redeeming thing about this that would convince me to repurchase it if I hadn't had a bad reaction is how my foundation wears over it. While it doesn't keep me matte, it does seem to keep my foundation looking much better than my other primers, for longer. I still get some oxidization, but it isn't very bad and usually only around my nose and the corners of my mouth. That's also where I start seeing a bit of separation. However, I think it usually doesn't happen for a long time, like 7+ hours. This is during the winter and spring, though, so I imagine it would take less time in the summer.

The texture of this primer really confused me when I first got it, because it feels almost like a cream. A dry cream, if that makes any sense at all. It has the consistency of something between a lotion and cream, but it feels more powdery as it's rubbed in and begins to dry. It starts to dry pretty quickly, though, which makes applying it a challenge. I usually apply it in sections.

Pros:
-Not very expensive
-Keeps oiliness down a bit longer than my non-matte primers
-Foundation seems to look good longer

Cons:
-Caused breakouts
-Caused allergic reaction
-Doesn't seem to actually help keep things matte
-Texture makes application more difficult than other primers I've used
-Not good for dry skin (possibly not good for normal skin if you get dry easily)

on 2/11/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very poor quality product. Texture feels cheap and made make up claggy. Absolute did not stand up to 'stay matte' as I had as many oily breakthroughs as if I'd not worn anything. I was looking for a cheaper comparison to my (at the time) Avon Magix and this was simply a waste of money.

they're not paying me to do/say this but I think it's important for all of you to know how amazing this is. I have dry skin sometimes and oily skin sometimes which sucks, but I bought this to of course makes me matte and for the makeup to stay on. Woah am I glad I bought this product. It doesn't really have a smell to it, and if it does I haven't noticed it. It's weird texture like lotion almost and it's white like lotion but when you put it on it disappears into the skin. A LITTLE BIT DOESNT GO A LONG WAY. Use this product generously throughout your face and neck. I went on a boat in 80°f weather for 6+ hours. My makeup hasn't moved an inch. I totally recommend this product!! I finish off my makeup look w/ the wet and wild photo focus setting spray which is also amazing!! I 110% recommend this product if you have (1) a problem w/ your makeup coming off and (2) if you are looking for a cheap primer... if you're looking for a setting spray, use the wet and wild photo focus on top of the primer!!