Garnier Triple Nutrition for Dry Damaged Hair

Garnier Triple Nutrition for Dry Damaged Hair

3.0

Got a huge pump bottle of this conditioner at bj's. Why? I don't know. Garnier hair products have never done me right, and this continued that trend. Feels good in the shower, but makes my wavy/curly henna treated hair feel like straw the next day. Won't even keep as a shave lotion, which is what I normally do with conditioners.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My hair is really hard to deal with. Naturally curly (caucasian), fine textured, full, prone to frizz, very dry, and color treated. I have used many, many shampoos and conditioners and I have yet to find my HG products. I do not like any other Garnier shampoos (including the triple nutrition that matches this conditioner), nor any other Garnier conditioners. I've tried them all and they all left my hair much drier than before I used them. The worst was the Damage Repair duo- just a horrible experience.

This conditioner makes my hair feel silky after application and it does stay soft after it has dried. Sometimes a conditioner will feel really moisturizing when you are in the shower, but after you dry your hair, suddenly it feels like every ounce of moisture has gone. And this one does not make my hair feel frizzy or straw-like. It makes my hair more manageable and it does add a bit of shine. It gives a good amount of slip to the hair and it leaves my ends well conditioned without feeling sticky or heavy. It does build up over time, so I do have to clarify after about 2 weeks of use, but that is true for most hair products I have tried. I will say it is not the best I have ever used but it will do in a pinch. I do not use this on a regular basis, I rotate it with other things.

The biggest con is the bottle- Garnier needs to get rid of the flip top cap that is so hard to use, and the bottles tend to fall over to easily. Still a good basic conditioner to give my hair some much needed moisture. And, it works very well as an after color conditioner.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to shampoos & conditioners. They're a necessity, but I don't expect much. Almost everything has been through my rotation, and no matter what I use in the shower, my hair does what it wants to unless I flat iron it into submission.
Otherwise it's tousled waves on a good day, or looking like I just rolled out of bed and don't own a mirror. Conditioner has never made a difference.

The only exception are the tubes of conditioner in at home color kits that make my hair fell like SILK the moment I rinse it out. (Why is that formula under lock and key, btw? Am I the only one wondering why this isn't available to us when not coloring our hair)?

Fructis' Triple Nutrition delivered a similar silkiness.
It's not a good hair day in a bottle, but my hair actually felt smoother. The other Garnier Fructis conditioners don't hold a candle to this one.

This is not for fine or normal hair, IMO, it's far too heavy and wouldn't do much. (Which may account for all the negative reviews). But if you have coarse, thick hair like mine, it conditions like a dream!

This made my hair gummy when it was wet and frizzy when dry. It was also really difficult to squeeze out of the bottle.

I bought this for $2.50 when it was on sale. I had luck with the Sleek and Shine series and was thinking this might be similar. It wasn't.

When I buy conditioners, I tend to look for thick consistency with the product itself as I feel thick consistencies give the most moisture to hair. It is a thick consistency and smells like mangoes, but my compliments stop there. It's incredibly drying and I can't feel any "slip" when it's wet like when I know a conditioner will leave me with shiny hair. Instead, I felt like this made my thick hair even thicker and more tangled than before. It also was a pain to rinse out and my hair feels like it has residue remaining no matter how much I rinse! Not even worth the $2.50, IMO.

I used to use Garnier shampoo and conditioner all the time but I recently used it and it DRYED MY HAIR OUT!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The conditioner for this line is great with no issues. The matching shampoo is a stinky little mess.. I would not repurchase.

This conditioner is really creamy and it really worked as good as any salon conditioners I have purchased in the past. I would say its really thick and creamy and it worked great on my dry thick hair. Helped improve the look of my dry hair ends so makes me happy. I would repurchase this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Was not that great of a conditioner.
It did an ok job but was nothing special.
Kinda weighed my hair down and also over time it started to look a bit dull.

on 6/5/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This conditioner is ridiculously amazing!! I have really thick natural hair that's pretty hard to detangle. After I washed my hair and added some in, I just left it in as a leave in. Oh my goodness!! My hair was instantly soft and the moisture was restored!! It even worked its magic on the days my hair has suffered from a dramatic dry spell of neglect and laziness. This has the most amazing SLIP out of most of the conditioners I've ever tried! Plus the large size is only $5? That's an awesome steal! I'm one for only using natural products but I'm stuck on this product for the price and the slip.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use shampoo, just co wash with regular conditioner. Compared to using hello hydration conditioner, this made my hair feel so sticky and gross.. I'm glad I tried it before I used it on a day I had to work! I like the bottle.. But that's all!