Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit (all shades)

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Contour Kit (all shades)
Contour Kit (all shades)Contour Kit (all shades)Anastasia Contour KitAnastasia beverly hills contour palette light to m

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

So I realized I've had this for years and I've never written a review. I recently bought another one actually, so this is gonna cover both the regular palette that first came out as well as the tan to deep palette.

First of all the formula of these are awesome. I understand people find abh contour products difficult to work with but there's a reason as to why they perform the way they do. But I can't go into that at the moment in as much detail as I want to but hopefully I'll revisit this later and update. Basically the difficulty in getting pigmentation or the stiff texture helps with creating a more realistic looking shadow than having a smooth buttery application which leaves a line that's nearly impossible to buff out without ruining products sitting beneath.

Second I want to thank Anastasia from the bottom of my heart for making AMAZING and realistic colors for ethnic women, brown women, deep skin toned women etc. THANK YOU.
I'll see products made for deeper skin tones or different undertones and while they work I felt like there's something missing or off at times. With ABH the colors are spot on for what you would find in warmer complexions or olive undertones etc. I know people dislike these products and say they're too orange or what not but the thing is not everyone's contour is supposed to be grey or even a neutral brown. I learned that the hard way. Shadows come off on people in different ways and a color that looks like Cheetos on one person looks like a sunken cheekbone for another person. Also some people prefer warmer tones to contour with for other reasons so keep this in mind when purchasing. If you are very fair skinned and have an undertone that works best with grey colors swatch these in store cause I feel people don't do that and then are disappointed and wish they got the Kat von d instead. (And funny thing about that palette is as well loved as it is it looks unnatural on me cause the undertones don't work with my skin tone. So you can see how this whole proper or realistic contour shade works.)

The staying power is pretty good over a cream but it needs a setting spray if you want it to be perfect for 7 plus hours.

The texture of these are soft and very smooth although they may not apply as such (you won't get full pigment when applying).
They blend okay but I would suggest blending while applying / doing light handed circular motions when applying.

The colors in the tan to deep are great for skin tones nc45 plus but if you have a much deeper complexion I would go online to get carob as it's not available in the premade palettes.

The colors in the regular one work fine for cheek contour on my nc42 skin tone specifically java and Havana. I gravitate more towards Havana as well as shades from the deep palette. The tan to deep palette also has shades I enjoy bronzing with as well if that helps anyone. Java in the original palette works as a realistic and undetectable contour for me while Havana I love to use for cheekbones.

Overall I would repurchase in a heartbeat, I would recommend it to anyone for who a grayish contour may not work/the Kat von d doesn't work for.

on 2/14/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love my contouring kit. worth every cent

I'm insanely pale and the light-medium contour kit just doesn't work. It goes on patchy, the top shades don't show up on my skin and the bottom three shades are super dark. It would work for someone not as fair as me but I'm gonna have to sell it on.

on 10/29/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Shade - Camel

I ordered this in a single pan from Beauty Bay several months ago. Being my first ABH powder contour product i wasn't aware of quality or how it would look on my skin. I only had previous contour experience with cream products and wanted a quicker way to apply. Fingers crossed I hoped upon hope that I didn't order the wrong shade. It seems to blend very well with my coloring. It seems warm but doesn't come across as orange, gives the right amount of depth where placed and blends out nicely across the skin. In the several months I have been using it I have barely put a dent in the surface. I like that it comes in a magnetic pan because I can keep it in my mag palette for safety. I prefer using my tapered foundation brush for application because of versatility and more control. I have used other contour powders since and I cant say there is anything groundbreaking about this particular one. The big plus I can see for ABH is their shade range. I will definitely love and appreciate the one that I have but I wouldn't repurchase now that I am more familiar with this type of product.

on 8/15/2017 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have the light/medium powder kit. I absolutely love it. I use this kit without foundation any time I'm heading somewhere. My only issue is that while this is the kit for my skin tone, 2 of the contours cannot be used without mixing with the middle. One is too red, while the other is a little too grey after they oxidise on moisturised skin. However the lighter shades are beautiful. But overall I really enjoyed the kit and will purchase again as I haven't had any skin issues with it. I'm not convinced that the cardboard is the worst thing. I generally don't like the plastic packaging, as when the clasp breaks it's ruined! Nice sized pans too.

I'm an nc20. I use this kit in the light version. Let me tell you this is amazing. I have one for my professional makeup kit, too. It has all the shades you need.
I have had mine for almost two years now, and I've only hit pan in the banana shade, which I use to set and brighten my undereye. So, as you can tell, it will last you quite a long time. It's completely worth the price.

on 6/30/2017 4:16:00 PM

Best contour/bronzer shades, hands down! Was uncertain because of the price, but so worth it. I use the shade 'fawn' to contour my nose and a mixture of 'havana' and 'java' to contour my forehead and under my chin. Easy to blend, buttery and all around beautiful colours! The only colour I haven't almost completely used it the shade 'vanilla' as I have better powders to use and find it can be very chalky. However, beautiful palette and would definitely recommend :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While this product does what it claims to do, I really don't think its worth the price. It's good but its not great. Im sure better alternatives exist for a much cheaper price. Once i am finished up with this palette then i am going to try the Kat Von D one instead!
Over all big thumbs down

on 4/30/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wish the packaging didn't get so dirty from just normal handling. The light palette is good for all shades in my opinion, the tan palate is kind of hard to work with. I prefer the it cosmetics palette, however. This palette is pretty fool proof; couple of YouTube videos and you will be a contouring master!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

purchased it in Sephora. at first used it every other day or so, was suspecting it might be causing me to break out, so i laid off off it for a few month and started using Chanel tan de soleil (love it, recommend it, repurchased 3 times already). ran out of my Chanel bronzer about a week ago, so had to reach out for Anastesia beverly hills contour kit. boy, did i regret it! broke me out like it had something against me :) it didn't even dawn on me at first as in my mind i started going though what i might have eaten or blamed hormones. nope, this is totally "garbage quality filled with talc makeup" on my face that made my pores clog up. TO THE BIN IT GOES!!!! bye my dear 50 totally wasted dollars!

Video Reviews & Tutorials