Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Contour Kit (all shades)

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Contour Kit (all shades)
Contour Kit (all shades)Contour Kit (all shades)Anastasia Contour KitAnastasia beverly hills contour palette light to m

3.4

on 10/27/2016 2:24:00 PM

Hi guys,

I bought this powder contour kit in the shade 'Light to Medium'. It is my first ever contour makeup product that I have ever bought and I LOVE it! I like the selection of colours and use all except for the pink toned shade (top left of palette/vanilla shade). It is well pigmented and lasts all day. Furthermore it is easy to blend/buff into the skin. It is quite pricey, retailing at £39 but a little goes a long way!

I would defo recommend the purchase unless there is a cheaper alternative contour kit.

on 10/10/2016 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

Only Con is that it's too expensive to refill the small amount of powder u get.

I've tried this palette in both the light and dark kits and used one or the other as part of my daily routine depending on how tan I was. I've found that the ABH contour kits are not very good...I've used the cream kit too (see my review for it) and was very disappointed. This one is not easily blend-able and the colors are warm and un-natural looking. Not only that, but when on, it's cakey and heavy looking. I like to use a damp beauty blender to blend in my makeup and these kits do not make that process easy. I'd constantly notice how streaky the makeup was and a distinct line under my cheekbones that couldn't be blended out. Don't buy this- if you want a powder contour kit I'd suggest Kat Von D's Shade and Light.

on 5/28/2016 12:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this item about 4 months ago and I have been using it everyday, but the more and more I used it I noticed the cons about this product. Its not a great product for someone who wants cool toned contour. As I am very fair and have dark hair and blue eyes, this product gives me almost a orange cakey look to it

Cons
Hard to blend
Very warm toned

on 5/23/2016 4:25:00 PM

Not very blend able. In hindsight I would have bought the cream contour kit instead.

on 5/1/2016 6:51:00 AM

I reaaaaally wanted to like this product, I purchased it from a store when I was in the states in November, as I had heard so many good things about it. I was disappointed however, the first thing I will say is that the contour shades have an orange undertone and look more like a bronzer than a contour powder which should have cool undertones, and found that when using them, my face ended up looking very orange and not defined at all as it wasn't very blend able. The pigmentation also let these powders down. After nearly 4 months of reaching for this kit, every day, I had started to develop horrible pimples, spots and mild acne just along where I would contour. After doing research on this product, quite a lot of people have said they have had breakouts with this product too as it contains talc which can be extremely drying for the skin, I didn't want to believe that the kit was the cause of my breakouts but it was obvious. I have combination and sensitive skin, and this did not work for me. Almost 2 weeks without using the product and switching to NYX, I could see a vast difference on how much my skin had cleared up. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody that has sensitive or acne prone skin.

LOVE THIS!

This is one of my most recent make up purchases and I'm absolutely in love! The shade FAWN for contouring on paler to medium skin tones is amazing. It works beautifully theres no harsh contour chunks on your cheeks its so subtle but so powerful. You I can even explain how amazing it is and it can look so natural as we'll if you prefer and natural looking make up look. I also strongly recommend the banana shade for setting your under eye. It looks very yellow in the pan but actually when applied to the face is not as yellow or noticeable. For me personally it brightens my under eye and i would consider myself fairly pale. However if it not light enough to brighten our underage the shade next to it called vanilla is amazing for brightening too. I also use the shade sand as a highlight for my cheek bones so overall its pretty awesome. I will definitely be taking the travelling with me as all i need is foundation and this palette and thats my face make up pretty much done!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this last night (Light-Medium) and this morning, I decided to put it to the test. I'll explain how I did it, and then I'll give all the juicy details and what I like/dislike after. 1.The application process was fairly simple; I applied my primer and using a Beauty Blender, I put on my foundation and concealer. I used a mix of Vanilla and Banana to set my under eye and used Mac MSF on the rest of my face. Taking the middle shade (fawn) which is the lightest cool tone contour shade in the palette, I started at the hollows of my cheekbones and blend up towards my temples. Some of the powders are nice and buttery, but others are chalky and patchy when you try to blend them out. It was a little difficult to work with this palette, but the end result was a natural looking contour. 2. For the price, this palette needs to step up a bit. The packaging is cardboard, not hard plastic like MAC or UD. The pan sizes are pretty small and the powders aren't anything too special. However, this is still a good palette, maybe just not worth $52 CAD.

on 4/15/2016 7:27:00 PM

Lol I really did want to like this but I don't. There is a decent amount of shades but what's the point because it doesn't blend well and isn't very pigmented. I'm just glad it was a gift and j didn't buy it myself