3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Lovely product. I have Bronzed Garnet, Amber Haze and Golden Quartz. They are all shimmery and multidimensional albeit creamy and easy to apply. Very good longevity. I feel they stem from a less trendy period when Charlotte created her core line which is not trendy but so ultimately classic in the most flattering way. Unfortunately you lose a good amount with sharpening and they're not exactly cheap. Still recommended.

About reviewer (951 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2.0

9 months ago

The colours are beautiful and, for me, last as long as I use a primer since I always use an eye cream. I think the price is ridiculous considering the fact that the pencils(?) don’t come with a sharpener. I used an old Clinique sharpener as it was the only one of its size in my collection and I lost too much product by sharpening it. And, I use the word “sharpen” very loosely—even after freezing it, I still couldn’t get a half decent point. I will not spend the extra $$ for a Tilbury sharpener. If Bobbi Brown can include it, so can Charlotte.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have this eye shadow pencil in golden quartz. When the MUA at the Charlotte Tillbery counter used this on my eyes the result was really pretty, a smoky dark brown on the outside corner of my eye. However when I tried to replicate the look, the result looked like I had 2 black eyes, very muddy and certainly not pretty. I have had the pencil about a year, lurking in my stash so decided to give it another go. I checked online and found an official video, suggesting that you “scribble” the pencil on your lid, then blend with your finger, before repeating. So I tried this and disaster again struck, a muddy, ugly mess over my eye. Then I had a thought, I used some make up revolution shadows to do a light frosted eye look, quite subtle and then used my Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush to take some colour from the pencil tip and apply it to the outside corner of my eye. Success, a lovely smokey eye look at last, simply using a brush!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I own 3 colors, and now ordered the black, it stays on me from 430 am till 1030 pm while at work in a hot humid kitchen. Have tried a lot of pencils like this and this is hands down the best.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0

2 years ago

These eyeshadow pencils are hit or miss for me. Some shades are clearly better than others. I like the Bronze Garnet and Amber Haze which apply quite nicely, and I love those two shades with my grey green eyes. That said, the packaging is subpar since the lids do not fit properly, they always come off in my makeup bag, which leads to them leaving annoying marks and also the sticks dry up and get crumbly due to the ill fitting lids. The two black pencils - one flat and one with sparkle - didn't apply evenly, and the wear was poor. They need sharpening regularly because the tip gets dull easily. The Color Chameleon pencils do not come with a sharpener and sharpening has been challenging with several of these sticks where the insert repeatedly broke off during the process, leaving me with a chubby, frustratingly short end after only two rounds. While I love some of the shades I wouldn't repurchase.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I have amber haze & dark pearl and I love them. They go on really easily, very little tugging. I find them very pigmented and easy to blend. They dry relatively quickly & once dry they stay put. I would give 5 stars if they were cheaper & didn't need sharpening, but otherwise I love the product itself. They're quick and easy to apply, yet look really pretty on the eye. I've just bought a couple of the kilo long lasting sticks to try as a cheaper alternative, hopefully they'll be as good.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

3 years ago

I own the shade Amber Haze. These pencils seem to be a hir or miss depending on the shade, and the Amber Haze on seems to be one of the good ones. I personally love longlasting eye pencils (my absolutely fave are Bobbi Brown's, followed closely by Laura Mercier's). I love the convenience of scribbling onto your lids, blending with your ring finger and being done!. CT comes in a chunky pencil that needs re sharpening (a con vs. the Bobbi ones, which are retractable). It's creamy, so that it doesn't feel dry or tugging at your eyelids when applying, and you have a few seconds to play around before it dires. After that, it will last for quite a while. The color is a golden bronze and has a few shimmer particles. It suits well green/browns eye like mine. All in all I rec. this product, and I have answered Yes, I'd buy it again! Although in the back of my mind, I think I would explore a similar color from other companies (wait! I do have golden bronze by Bobbi, which is a bit darker!)

About reviewer (250 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I bought this in golden quartz, I have very dark brown eyes and this color swatch appealed to me more than the dark pearl which is meant for brown eyes. I wished that some of the reviews that were listed here showed up on the site for the color pay off for dark pearl. Anyway, I do like the way my eyes sparkle with this color and it does give a simple but made up look depending on how you use it. I prefer the caviar sticks by LM more but these are not bad. At the end of the day there are glitter specks around the eye area which I'm not a fan of, it's not glaring but would prefer it not be there. Verdict: If you are buying for the first time then better to sample the product versus ordering online.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2.0

3 years ago

These are really hit and miss but the magnitude of how much the ones that suck suck and how expensive these means a low rating. The glitter formula of shades like champagne diamond and black pearl suck. Looks bad on its own, Layers poorly, blends patchily all with HUGE silver glitter particles. Shades such as Amber haze and bronzed garnet are nice, with a lovely finish when worn alone - shimmer rather than glitter. If all the shades were like this they'd get a 4 rating but as a whole I have 5 shades and I only recommend 2. I prefer the kiko, Bobbi Brown or mac shade sticks to this. Which is disappointing as I love the CT eyeliners

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3.0

3 years ago

This product was a disappointment. The only real pro is that the packaging looks beautiful. However, considering the price, the pencil is really not well pigmented. I found applying it to be so much effort and I had to apply pressure to get more colour, which considering you are applying it to your eyelid which is pretty sensitive, is not great. It just didn't come on nicely. It also wasn't very long wearing and it smudged quite a lot. It also felt somehow weirdly heavy and thick on the eyes and it seems to get used up quite fast. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible. The colour is still pretty, it's just not what is promised, due to lack of the pigmentation. If it was half the price of what it is I wouldn't dislike it, however considering it's a high end product I really expected more. Not worth the price.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24