Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs-Maple Kiss

Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs-Maple Kiss

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this as a dupe for besame chocolate kiss to wear with a chocolate brown polka dot dress.

I like the formula and the color but it’s not dramatic enough for me. I usually wear red lipstick but wanted to try something new.

I got it from amazon as it was a lower price then at cvs.

on 10/3/2016 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh wow this is such a beautiful colour!!! I'm obsessed! Nice formula stays a long time, doesn't clump or flake off. I've yet to find a similar colour in any other brand. Love it so much!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous shade, beautiful creamy formula. Perfect for everyday. Maybelline is some of the best drugstore lipstick and honestly just as good as any luxury lipsticks. $5.99 at Target and Wal mart, it's such a good deal!

I have this in maple kiss and stormy Sahara. I am about nw20 or so, so a bit on the fair side. I love this color and formula. It lasts quite a while and leaves a slight stain. The color is a great fall or winter color, it is a brownish reddish, terra cotta nude, though too dark to be a traditional nude, still a very versatile color. The stormy Sahara was lighter than my natural lip and looked streaky because of this, but maple kiss is pure gold. Ive already repurchased.

on 2/26/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great color! It's a warm earthy brown, with an orange undertone. I'm very pale so it's not a neutral for me, but is a very gentle and wearable vintage reddish lip for both day and night. The formula is creamy and smooth as well.

on 2/24/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a nude for my skin tone (very fair) but it still looks beautiful! On me it's like a dark bricky-red color, but it doesn't scream look at my lips!! My skin tone is pretty neutral, so I don't know if the cool fair toned ladies would like it as much.

on 11/13/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My coloring is around NC15 and while this may be a bit dark to be a nude on me it's still a very flattering color and suitable for day wear. I was in dire need of a warm toned lipstick and didn't want to break the bank. Maple Kiss isn't quite brown, but more or a copper or terra cotta shade. This applies soft and creamy and goes on evenly. This is a traditional formula lipstick and not a long wear so expect to reapply. I like that this felt very comfortable and moisturizing on the lips. Unfortunately this does have the same distinct scent as other Color Sensational lipsticks, but otherwise a great product. It's very budget friendly, I paid under $5 for this.

on 4/11/2014 1:53:00 PM

This is a beautiful red-brown lipstick that stays on as long as I need it to and is comfortable on my lips. The quality is as good as, or better than, some of my $30 lipsticks.

I initially found out about this new maybelline line when I went to the US. I decided to buy maple kiss, sin-a-mon, touchable taupe and stormy Sahara. My favourite for my NC30 skin tone is maple kiss and stormy Sahara.

Maple kiss has a touch of coral and is darker than the other medium shades from this collection. It's my favourite from the line because it didn't wash my lips out like the sin-a-mon shade... It lets my naturally pigmented lips shine through. It's also suprisingly moisturizing and applies smoothly - doesn't snag on my lips and doesn't emphasize my dry lips. Ensure to moisturizer your lips though... I use dr rescue clear baby lips from maybelline before applying this lipstick.

on 1/9/2014 6:11:00 PM

This is one of the new colors in the Color Sensational Lipstick launched for Spring 2014 called The Buffs. There are 10 new colors that range from concealer-lip pales to dark brown (the last one, Espresso Exposed).

I've been on a dark l/s spree, but now I wanted a lighter, more natural color. I despise concealer lips (too vulgar, IMO) so I ignored the paler shades. I chose one called Touchable Taupe, which looked sort of neutral in the tube (I didn't swatch it on anywhere; just looked at the shade). Bad choice. True to the name, on me it went a dull, flat, pale neutral brown. A true taupe. Made me look dead. I exchanged it for another shade, Maple Kiss. It looked a bit brick-orange in the tube, but I decided to give it a chance. Bingo!

I have pale yellow-undertoned skin. This went on much better than it looked in the tube. No orange, no brick brown. It's a hard to describe shade, but very flattering. I can even wear it alone, with no other MU (something I rarely, if ever, do) and it didn't scream "Look at my lips. It's the only color I'm wearing!" It's mildly pearly so it does not make your lips look flat.

Staying power is like the rest of the Color Sensationals. I don't care for 24 Hrs.l/s. C'mon, nobody wears MU for 24 hours (and those who do are not doing their skin any favors, and should wash their faces more often; yuck!), so I have no problem re-applying when necessary.

I am very pleased with my purchase.

PS: Sorry. I tried to download the pic, but nothing I did worked. :( Here's the link to the pic, if anybody's interested.