Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, parfum (fragrance), propanediol, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, lactobacillus, polymnia sonchifolia root juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, trichilia emetica seed butter, aloe barbadensis leaf powder, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), tocopherol, astrocaryum tucuma seed butter, maltodextrin, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) peel, stearic acid, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, potassium stearate, sodium PCA, sodium benzoate, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, lecithin, potassium sorbate, linalool, eugenol, amyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal.

I bought this eye cream because I had an extremely horrible reaction to another eye cream that left my under eye terribly dry, puffy, and irritated. I was afraid of buying another eye cream because who knew which of those many ingredients caused this reaction in the first place. Thus, I went with this burt's bees product as it is 99% natural. It literally transformed my under eyes in 2-3 days. The dryness and fine lines are gone, leaving plump and moisturized under eyes. The scent is divine and the packaging is ideal in terms of hygiene. Couldn't ask for more!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this. Packaging: hygienic. Price: decent. Scent: pleasant. Results: great!

I am a religious sunglass - wearer, so I don't have many eye wrinkles yet, but there are some. I bought this product to use preventatively. I didn't expect results on my fine lines, but they disappeared! I had no irritation.

on 8/27/2015 7:19:00 PM

I've been using this eye cream consistently for over a year now. I've lost count on how many tubes I've purchased. It's that good, for me at least. Area around my eyes aren't too dry. And my eyes aren't sensitive either. This is great as a moisturizer, very hydrating and not greasy. After a year's use I don't see any milia, unlike some of my previous eye creams. For now I will continue using this because I am very pleased with the results, as a hydrating cream that has prevented wrinkles.

I really like this eye cream. It is very moisturizing ( if you use enough) without being greasy. I love that it's 99% natural, has a lovely creamy texture and a light clean scent. It also works very well with the heavy under eye concealer I use. And it comes in a small tube that lets you get as much or as little product out of it as you want. Add to that the reasonable price and it's a winner!

on 8/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm writng a review for the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration eye cream with clary sage. Reason I clarify is that a few reviews below seem to either be for a different product. This eye cream is lovely. For the price, I honestly have no complaints. I'm 36 years old and have no wrinkles around my eyes yet, and have combo skin. This cream is a white cream, not a petroleum texture or consistency as another reviewer noted below. I can wear this morning or night, under make-up or not. The directions say to use once a day, and because I have normal skin around my eyes I use it in the evening.
The scent of this cream is so light (slight sage smell) that I would have to squeeze out a substantial amount and hold it close to my nose to smell it. The amount you need for your eyes is so small, it lasts forever. I use a tiny (way less than pea size amount) and lightly tap it onto my lid and sides of my eyes (where crows feet would be).
I love that it's a natural product (99%) and contains no parabens, artificial fragrance, etc. No animal testing either :)
I like the packaging, comes in a hygienic tube which allows for you to control the amount of product that comes out. I've had no problems with the cap and mine is a year old.
Overall, I find this perfectly hydrating, non-irritating (and I have rosacea and very sensitive skin) easy to use under make-up, and it lasts forever.

on 3/28/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My under eye area is very dry & I have been on the look-out for an affordable product that would help the situation. Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream had many rave reviews on Ulta.com so I decided to give it a try. I paid $17.99 (US) which, to me, is "affordable" since eye creams can run as high as $100+.

After using it for about 2 months now, I feel that it's a good nighttime eye cream but that it's a horrible day cream. I definitely will not repurchase & if I could find the receipt, I'd return it.

What I like about it: It's size-it comes in a small, plastic, squeezable tube. It's easy to dispense and is more hygienic than a jar. It's reasonably affordable & it does make the u/e area soft and smooth when used overnight.

What I don't like: The cap drives me nuts-it does not secure tightly to the tube of product. I find it initially irritating on my skin (slight burning sensation). It has a strong, floral smell which I don't love and which probably explains the initial irritation. It does not melt into the skin but rather sits on top, like Vaseline, which this product very much resembles. Because it never seems to melt into the skin, any m/u applied on top of it becomes a greasy mess. Concealer &/or foundation + Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream = shiny, streaky & greasy. Yuck!

I think this product is best used as a nighttime moisturizer and only during the day if you don't plan on applying any make-up over it. This is an overpriced, heavily scented version of Vaseline. Makes me wonder about all those rave reviews on Ulta.com.

on 3/21/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like the packaging. I love the night cream from this line!

The eye cream is good too for dry skin around the eyes. I need this for winter or when I have dry flaky skin.

on 2/12/2014 9:59:00 AM

I'm not sure what it is with Burt's Bees eye products, but I have extreme sensitivites to the ones I've tried so far.

The Royal Jelly one caused me to wake up with nasty, gunky goo seeping from my eyes and now this one makes me feel like my eyeballs are dried-up cotton balls, about to fall out of my head.

I like the ingredients in this product and I like the packaging. I also like how hydrated my undereye area feels after I apply this so for that I'm giving this product a 2; however, if you have any sort of eye sensitivities, I highly suggest passing on this eye cream.

on 1/7/2014 3:02:00 AM

I am surprised there are no reviews for this product yet. Because quite a few youtubers love this cream! It was quite cheap ($18) and normally you can print out a $3 coupon from the BB website, so I think it is worth a try! The tube packaging is very cute, the cream smells very soft and clean, and it is 99% natural. No parabens for sure! :-)... To be honest I wasn`t very impressed with it first, it sinks in very quick, no irritation, no greasy feeling, that was great. But on my dry skin it just disappeared too quick, so I felt like I applied nothing at all. However now I apply twice the amount and I like it a lot more. I think for me that was the trick. Put on the regular amount, and put on again just as much. NOW I really can feel the moisture working around my eyes!!! :-) Feels very hydrated, and soft, relaxed. Also, when I smile and stop smiling, my skin around my eyes `bounces` back very quick, the lines smooth out very quick, and I love that... I will have to update about the long term effects, but I do think it is a natural product, not expensive, worth a try, and if you have dry skin like me, apply twice the amount... :-)