Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed - Rose Gold

4.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is so pretty, I can't even handle it.

There was a sale on Sephora recently, and I threw down some cash for a bundle of pink makeup and a mini of this was included. I love rose gold makeup, so I was very happy to try it. Unfortunately, as with most Becca highlighters, this is way too dark for me to use. I brushed it onto my cheekbones and essentially left a pink streak.

It's a gorgeous highlighter and I suspect it would look beautiful on people with much darker skin tones. Thankfully, unlike my last Becca highlighter (Opal), this definitely can be used as a luminous blush on me, so it's not a total loss.

Will not be repurchasing, just because it's not a highlight for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this highlighter as a blush because my skin is light and it's too dark to use strictly as a highlighter. However, it's gorgeous as a blush and even though it doesn't add a ton of color, it gives me a subtle glow and is great when I want a no makeup look. I sometimes add a pop of rosy blush on the apples of my cheeks if I want some additional color. But this powder is beautiful by itself and the ethereal glow it imparts warms up my 50+ skin, making it look fresh and bright. This powder is very pigmented so a little bit goes a long way. I barely have to tap the brush on the powder and I get a huge payoff. The first time I used it, I was trying to use it as a highlighter on the top of my cheekbones. It's rather dark for this purpose and I immediately knew it would be more suitable as a blush. I suppose I could have returned it to Ulta, but I like it as a blush very much so I decided to keep it and use it that way. I subsequently purchased Opal to use as a highlighter and that works nicely. It has a golden shimmer and it too is highly concentrated so I only need to swipe a small brush once and I get a huge payoff. There is almost no fallout with these powder, which is good because you don't want shimmer getting all over the place. These powders will last forever and a day, lol! They are almost creamy in texture and the shimmer is not gliterry or garish at all but soft and subtle. They impart a nice glow that gives me a youthful look and the Rose Gold is especially gorgeous when I have a slight tan. I'm a big fan of these powders and am thinking of adding another one to my collection. I like everything about them and they're well worth the price. Sometimes the price of high end makeup is totally justified as it is in this case. If you want a beautiful highlight shade for medium to dark skin, then Rose Gold is a great option. If you prefer using it as a blush, it works for all skin tones, even light skin like mine. If you want a golden highlighter for the tops of cheekbones, the bridge of the nose or the cupid's bow, then Opal is a great choice. I'm loving both of these shades and will enjoy using them both, albeit for different purposes. The texture of these powders is to die for and I can't imagine any highlighter with a better consistency. These are subtle and gorgeous and will illuminate any complexion, making it more beautiful, especially in candlelight. I definitely recommend them both highly.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm an nc20 and so when the Sephora MUA picked this up for me, I'm like "whoa, seriously?" But I ended up getting it still because it looked so so beautiful as a blush on me! It's like a highlighter & blush rolled into 1 for me so I don't have to use another highlighter. And the longevity of this product is amazing. At the end of an 8-9 hour day, the colour still looks fresh! I absolutely love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I own many highlighters and this is hands down the best highlighter I have beating the likes of Mary Lou luminizer and even Becca's Opal which was my HG for a long time. My local sephora finally started carrying Becca and this was love at first sight when I swatched this on my skin. This is very flattering on my yellow NC30 skin. Definitely the prettiest of all the Becca highlighters I have swatched including Champagne pop which O swatched next to rose gold. If you are yellow tone and medium skin try this!

this will always be in stock in my make up. It's the best blush and highlighter I have used... I love using this when I am in a rush it adds color and highlighter..so i don't have to do a full face...the color is beautiful and it lasts. it is on the shimmery side though so if you don't like that, you won't like this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great quality and it gives you a rosy glow. I recommend this for a tan skin gal because it has a great deal of pigment. Stays all day and it just beautiful. It is pricey but a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the limited edition one and I love the geometric design on it. The product itself is awesome and it gives a nice pink highlight without it being too pink- if that makes sense. I was hoping that there would be more of a gold sheen to it and I wouldn't say that that its rose gold, more so just rose because on my skin, it just has a rose tint; I am olive/yellow tones. I wouldn't buy this again only because I don't think I will ever run out. It's beautiful and I would say go and give it a swatch. But I'm now favoring the new limited edition champagne pop by Jaclyn Hill and opal.

I admit it I got caught up in the hype. This is a VERY strong color and VERY shimmery. I apply it with my Elf angled brush (the cheaper white handled one) or the New Mac 137 long blending brush which is very light wispy and applies this very sparingly. I love the color and the effect but if you goof you're going to look like a disco ball. On my coolish NW20 skin I get a very dark Rosey gold or burnished peachy tone. Yes I would buy this again, HOWEVER, because I loose so little it's going to be a long while before I need to buy it again.

Hands down, my favorite highlighter! The texture of this product is amazing.. So finely milled and takes the smallest dab of your brush to pick up product. I'm an NW 20 for reference, and this shade gives me the perfect glow! I even like to use it on lazy days as a shadow on my lid and then just pop some bronzer in my crease. This product is expensive, but it's worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this because I was thinking about getting a high-end highlighter for weeks, and then I saw Jaclyn Hill's August Favorites video and I was sold on the Rose Gold shade. I paid NZ$70 including shipping which is really crazy for one product. But I am in love!! When I first got it I was worried it may be too dark for my skin tone but it is perfection. It gives me a bronzed glow and it isn't glittery, just shimmering and soft. Plus, it lasts all day, and I only need a tiny amount for my cheeks it will last me a long, long time. I love using it as an eyeshadow too. Packaging is nice and sturdy.

Edit: While I still love this and use it every day, I have noticed it is maybe a tad too dark for me to use as a highlighter alone. I have noticed as I have with ALL other highlighters I have tried it is glittery in daylight, but glowy in low light. Still on the hunt for a perfect GLOWY highlighter.