Boots No7 - Stay Perfect Shine Free Primer

4.1

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

STAY PERFECT PRIMER BY No7: The best primer I've ever used. My HG primer but i'm afraid its discontinued from fhe market. I checked even in the UK -- no more in the stores... any info?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I need my makeup to last through a whole morning of teaching and lesson prep (8 hours, 4am to noon) and this does a great job. It keeps shine at bay (I still put powder on, but it is not as ridiculous as it normally is without it). This really does help. I use a pea size amount and just put it in the t-zone and under my eyes. It really helps around the nose and on our forehead. I would not attend an event without this product! Great stuff and reasonably priced, PLUS very few shine-control formulas actually do what they say.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm normally a fan of Boots No7 products, but this primer is a disappointment. It feels silky when it goes on, but that's about it — it definitely doesn't help foundation wear longer. The product keeps separating, so unless you remember to shake the tube before every use (and who normally shakes tubes?), you'll get a mess of liquid plus clumps of dimethicone. Overall, the worst primer I've ever used.

Pros:
- really smooth base (similar to benefit porefessional)
- contains burdock extract to prevent blemishes,
- contains vitamins A and E to condition and revitalise skin
- didn't break out
- makes foundation look flawless
- packaging is handy

Cons:
- normal price = $12-$13 (definitely wait for a sale on drugstore.com)
- only 20ml/0.67 fl.oz.
- doesn't help control oil as long, probably 4-5 hours before I get oily
(supposedly has microsponges to help balance oil production)

Great product overall and would definitely repurchase

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This primer definitely prolongs the wear of my foundation. Even at the end of a long workday, my makeup looks flawless.

It really smooths out my skin, and makes it feel so velvety. I haven't noticed it minimizing my pores, but then again, I don't have any problems with my pores.

I really like this primer, I wouldn't say it's a love, but I would repurchase it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's alright.... I wanted to like it but the texture feels dry. It feels as though it just sits on my skin. I'm not letting it go to waste though.
I might recommend it if you don't wear any makeup on top of the primer, but not otherwise.

Edit (8/5): I found it all depends on the foundation and moisturizer you use :) I was using a sunscreen/moisturizer combo and switched to a moisturizer and sunscreen separate and this primer became perfect :) I love love love it!!!!

Love this primer! It seriously diminished the appearance of my pores and made all my makeup apply much smoother. My makeup is in place and shine free all day, right up until night when I take it off. In my opinion it is a dupe for Benefit's The Porefessional, the list of ingredients is very similar and the texture and appearance on your face is almost identical at a third of the cost.

I'm going to give this a 4, because it did break me out, but I'm sensitive to silicones. And before it did this it went on beautifully! Really made my skin feel like satin! Now if I could just find something that does that, that I'm not sensitive to :/