Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil

Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil
image 1image 2image 3

3.4

Mineral Oil, Zea,Mays/Corn Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius,Oil/Safflower Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,,Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed,Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane,,Parfum/Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl,Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl, Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer.

on 6/10/2016 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff! I wear waterproof mascara everyday and had a lot of trouble getting it off with other removers. However, this has no problem taking it all off in the first go along with my caked on face makeup! I also have oily skin so I was a little hesitant using an oil on my face, but I've been using this for a few months now and have has no problems what so ever. I bought it at Winners for around $6 and its lasted me quite some time. The only negative thing about this product is the bottle that it comes in. I love the pump, but somehow the bottle always manages to leak a bit and leave oil behind on the counter. Not really a big deal, but if you are going to travel with it you should definitely pack in in a ziploc bag or something.

Would 100% recommend, and will be re-purchasing when it runs out.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! I have combination skin, but it leans more on the side of dry, so this stuff is perfect for me. I am just running out of it now, and finding that it's no longer available. Thankfully I have found it on Amazon! :)

I like the fact that it doesn't leave my skin oily. It breaks down the heavy makeup that I wear, and even removes my waterproof mascara. I am convinced that by using this to remove eye makeup, it has enhanced my lashes! THIS is why I NEED MORE!!

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really wish I could love this cleansing oil due to its availability and inexpensive price but I just can't. At first it sounded great for my normal sometimes dry skin. I picked a bottle up at my local super market as they were clearing out some of the Garnier products so for $2 I figured why not. Previous to this the only other oils I have used are the Clinique cleansing balm and Mac cleanse off oil both which I dearly love for removing makeup. Unlike those two this one is highly scented of fruit. Its not very noticible once on the face but is inconvient if you are one sensitive to fragarance. It removed the makeup just fine and didn't sting my eyes when removing eye makeup but once you are done rubbing it in and add water it has a hard time turning into that milky cleanser oils tend to do. Rinsing it off was another issue since it is on the thicker side so it took some work but I always follow up with another cleanser so I didn't notice any residue. The true test of this was how my skin reacted after. Despite double cleansing and making sure the oil was thoroughly removed I ended up breaking out from it. Might be OK for very dry skin and if you are not acne prone ( I'm not very much anymore) but personally not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff!! I have dry, sensitive skin (due to Retin-A) and this is my favorite night-time cleanser/makeup remover. I use this as a 1-step cleanser to remove all eye makeup and foundation etc. With this, I don't feel the need to follow up with a 2nd cleanser - I feel this helped my acne/acne marks heal. I'm SO upset to hear that this has been discontinued, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere! This is so good I may order a few online.

Other cleansing oils i've tried:
Neutrogena- this was OK - took more effort to get eyemakeup off. I needed a 2nd cleanser
Mac Cleanse Off Oil- this started my love of cleansing oils. Expensive.
Johnson's Baby Oil- Great job getting off eye makeup, I don't use this on my face though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

So where do I begin with this oil. The smell is divine and I like the texture. It's not too thick which I like because some cleansing oils, like eclos, is so thick it's hard to spread. However, it broke me out really bad. Using this for couple of days was fine, my skin didn't react to it at all. But maybe a week later I slowly started to break out along my jaw line and on my cheeks. It was awful!! I stopped using it and my skin calmed down. I wasn't sure if it was the cleasning oil so I went back to it again and yes I broke out like crazy. So yeah definitely not a keeper in my skin care. Now I use coconut oil and it works perfectly for me! Would I recommend this product? No. In fact I wouldn't recommend Garnier one bit because I've had trouble with that line in the past. I used their pure clean shampoo which gave me eternal dandruff. To this day I'm still having trouble getting rid of my dandruff. Also I used their eye roller gel and that burned and watered my eyes so bad within a couple of seconds I had to wash it off! However, people do react to products differently and should try things with an open mind. For me garnier products just don't work. If it works for you then go for it.

on 12/28/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is not expensive but it's almost the only positive thing that I can say. The packaging leak everywhere, the product does not completely clean makeup, the oil leave a weird oily residue behind, and my skin just do not feel clean after using it. I will not purchase.

The problem with this product is that it doesn't completely wash off afterwards, you need another cleanser to get it off. It doesn't take off all my makeup either, especially my eye makeup. I typically will have to wipe my face off with some micellar water to make sure all my makeup is off. I do use a cleanser afterwards, but it is medicated so that cleanser is not meant to take off all my makeup. That was one of the major reasons I got this product to see if it would be able to take all my make up off, so my cleanser can well just medicate lol. The packaging is awful, this product leaks and when I grab the bottle I always get oil on my hand or it gets on the counter.

on 12/26/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first cleansing oil I tried and this broke me out badly. I have oily acne prone skin with large pores, but this gave me tons of white heads on my T-zone and cheeks. The nice things I can say about this oil cleanser is that it smells nice and the price is decent. However I will not repurchase this. I've tried other oil cleansers that I liked better, but I guess this can work for someone with dry skin that isn't sensitive. I don't recommend this to anyone with sensitive, acne prone skin with clogged pores.

on 12/18/2015 12:41:00 AM

STAY AWAY.
While this is probably one of the most easily accessible cleansing oils in the American market for the time being, it is my least favorite that I've tried so let me tell you why!
For starters, cleansing oils are meant to emulsify and disappear once water is added. Not the case with this, oily residue stays behind to 'moisturize' the skin. I don't understand why cleansing oils are marketed this way to Americans, like cleansing oils are also moisturizers? Um, no! They are meant to help break down makeup and dirt on the skin to be easily moved and then wash clean. This product may or not have been the cause for some acne I experienced, and it doesn't do what I want of it.
Breakdown-
Good is you want your skin to not be tight after washing, but be warned this could lead to acne and irritation
Bad if you want a clean face or are doing the double cleanse method

Try KOSE Deep Cleansing Oil instead, it's my go-to and it's cheap, $7-9 US

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Back Story: "mature" very oily skin (not acne prone necessarily just a grease ball big time); iam a cleansing oil noob, I tried Clinique Take The Day Off oil & (& also their balm); Clinique's oil was simply awful coz it made my eyelashes break off & fall out! I was not even gonna try another cleansing oil after that but I always like trying new products so I decided I was gonna add this in as an occasional product in the AM to really remove the sebum/oil b4 doing Clinique 3 step but it does cut the oil (I admit somexs I fall asleep w makeup on too shame on me!!), I've just been using it occasionally I'm going to start using it on a reg basis w winter coming my skin never dries up however. It hasn't caused any acne, the smell is fruity (wonder if they're trying to cover up petrol!). It seems a kind of unnecessary extra step since I have Clinique 3 step AM & PM I use a Magic Makeup Eraser then toner/moisturizer as my basic regimen & a masque or scrub cpl x a week. Magic Erasers are $20 ea. but they are an abso Godsend for oily skin as no product is necessary to remove ALL makeup!! My cotton pad w toner is always clear after it. I don't like getting this in my eyes coz I'm prone to sties. I prefer micellar water tbh over oils. Neutrogena also has a DS cleansing oil.