NYX Professional Makeup BB Beauty Balm

NYX Professional Makeup BB Beauty Balm
NYX BB Beauty Balm

3.8

Water / Aqua / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide [Nano], Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 80, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hydrated Silica, Propylene Glycol, Tilia Cordata Wood Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Mannitol, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Glycogen, BHT, Yeast Extract / Faex Extract / Extrait de levure, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Fragrance / Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 9/10/2018 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am NC30 and use the gold shade. I haven’t been a fan of BB creams because of my oily skin. When these were hot in the market, a year or two ago, I tried recommended brands but none lasted on my skin. A couple are still in my bathroom drawers gathering dust. So I tried this not having high hopes. To my surprise, this doesn’t my face greasy. In fact, I found it a bit drying which contradicts with the moisturizing claim. However, after a long day, I was super happy that my makeup didn’t move or melt. When I washed my face, I found my skin glowing and moisturized so I am not sure how it worked but it did. I highly recommend this to people with oily skin.

on 8/24/2018 12:40:00 PM

Best tinted moisturizer I've tried.

My skin: combo leaning oily, NC15, no real aging concerns (yet), the rare clogged pore or pimple but mostly clear.

The biggest draw for me with this was the color match--the light color actually matches my skin, where I've found many BB creams to be way too dark/orange, even though I'm not extremely light/cool toned. For reference, my regular foundation is Lancome Teint Idole in 100 Ivoire N, and I would say this is almost the same color as that, maybe a bit less yellow.

I find the formula moisturizing, and think anyone with normal or oily skin would be fine this. It doesn't have any oil-controlling properties, but it also doesn't make my oily places shinier or oilier than normal. It blends into skin super well and looks natural, but is medium coverage. I find the coverage comparable to a light layer of foundation. I do use under eye concealer after I apply this. Only drawback to this is the lack of SPF.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the price, this is a good purchase. It actually is moisturizing (some aren't), is light, doesn't feel sticky and isn't shiny like so many of the BB creams and tinted moisturizers out there. For someone like me who is over 55, the "light reflecting" particles added to so many makeup products really don't do my aging skin any favors, serving only to highlight lines. This is good for a no-makeup look day. I like it and would repurchase for certain EXCEPT for the very limited color selection (3 shades at Ulta). Even the darkest shade is too light on me for summer, and I am a light-to-medium skin tone. If NYX begins to offer more shades, I would buy again.

on 7/2/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is the the old formula made in Poland.
When I purchased it in June the packaging is now different and so is the formula. Previously they were made in Poland and had a 6 month expiration. Now it's made in china with a 24 month expiration. The formula is definitely not the same. NYX needs to be more transparent with formula changes. I highly doubt I will repurchase it again.

PRICE: $13.00

Review is. for the formula made in Poland. The new formula does not look as nice on my skin, the color is not as nice and it felt drier and stung a little when applied.

DESCRIPTION FROM NYX WEBSITE:

Perfect the “no makeup” look with our BB Cream. Specially formulated without oil, this mineral-infused formula hydrates the skin and helps the complexion appear smoother. Wear it as a primer under your foundation, or alone for a touch of lightweight color.

I got the color Golden- Medium with golden undertone. Color selection is poor, only 3 shades, golden, natural and nude.... but Golden is a perfect match for me.

I don't have dry skin, my skin is normal with a sometimes oily T zone. It does not irritate, moisturizes and is not sticky. I can use it as a primer or alone but prefer and usually use it alone for a nice light foundation that is not matte but not overly dewy either. It has no SPF which is a plus for me because I don't need a sunscreen when I'm not going to be in the sun. I use my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer if I need a sunscreen in it. The NYX BB cream is sheer and won't cover much unless you build it up but I like it for a nice wash of color and to even out my skin and provide a base for blush and bronzer. I really have no discoloration and nothing that I need to hide or cover. It does not accentuates pores and fine lines which is a bid deal for me because if they do that, they are a hard pass for me. It says it has fragrance in it but to me it has no detectable scent.

INGREDIENTS:

on 4/10/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this is the product I use on most days instead of a full-coverage foundation. It does a pretty good job of covering redness and patchiness in my skin, which is pretty much what I use it for. Personally I like to use a lower-coverage product all over and a high-coverage concealer where I need it, so this works well for me. I have combination skin and this doesn't give me any problems, although I definitely do need to use a powder on the oilier parts of my face. This doesn't really do much for covering my acne, but I don't really expect a BB cream to. I only need a little bit each time and it's lasted me a while. I'd repurchase.

on 2/26/2018 8:52:00 PM

Let me start off by saving it is sooooo difficult to find a BB cream that doesn’t oxidize easily and matches my cool toned fair complexion. I love this BB cream, but our relationship has come to an end because every single time I wear this product I end up breaking out. I don’t feel oily wearing it during the day but as soon as the time comes to take off my makeup I am met with multiple new blemishes (that weren’t there that morning). Oh well, it’s not me Nyx, it’s you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'd say this is more like a medium foundation rather than a BB cream, but at the same time it doesn't look like you have foundation on at all which makes it the best of both worlds in my books. Obviously if you have major acne or undereye circles this won't be enough but it covered way more than I expected. I was also hesitant to use this as my days are very long and though I wouldn't say I'm oily makeup definitely does break down on my face. This BB cream however stays on all freaking day and doesn't even oxidize! Probably my only complaint is that it either is getting sucked up by my makeup brush or isn't very spreadable because it seems like I have to use a lot of product and the price isn't exactly dirt cheap ($15 CAD)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this BB cream. I use the shade nude and I find it works fine for my NW 20 skin. It does not oxidize on me like some bob creams do. I use it on its own when I just want some help evening out my complexion. I also regularly mix this is with my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation. I love the combo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been purchasing this for over a year. I am pretty pale, and the color nude is a good match. In the winter it becomes a bit too dark, but I pull it down my neck it is an excellent match. Really, this is a good match for my pale skin, better than a lot of other drug store foundation shades.

I either use my fingers or the RT Expert Face brush to apply. In the summer I use a setting powder and it stays put all day. I have combination skin. I'm very oily in my t-zone and cheeks, but dry on the perimeter of my face. I think this is an excellent bb cream for both oily and dry skin. If you are very oily than a setting powder is necessary.

I am VERY acne prone. EVERYTHING breaks me out. Stearic acid, dimethicone (high on ingredient lists), coconut derivatives, fatty alcohols, my skin is extremely sensitive to comedogenic ingredients. If I don't use a primer, moisturizer, or spf before applying this bb cream I break out. So, before using this bb cream I am religious about using spf or moisturizer before, and I make sure to completely wash this off before going to bed. I then use a stridex pad as well.

edit: The other day I mixed the L'Oreal lumi liquid highlighter in Ice with the bb cream, before I applied it to my face. It made the bb cream a touch more luminous, and I loved that it actually lightened the bb cream a bit. So if this bb cream is a bit too dark for your skin I would experiment with a liquid highlighter to lighten it up

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It caused me to break out.