Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

water, hydroxyethyl urea, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, squalane, triethylhexanoin, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, agar, alpha-glucan, arginine, citric acid, dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, disodium EDTA, glucosyl ceramide, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylisothiazolinone, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, triethyl citrate.

on 5/8/2018 8:47:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I’ve finally found my holy grail moisturizer!! It has completely transformed my skin in a matter of days. When I say my skin is finicky, I mean it. Literally EVERYTHING breaks me out, but not this! I have dehydrated, acne (rosacea) prone skin, and slight texture from scarring. This has made my skin feel softer, plumper, and it completely got rid of the bumpy textured mess that I was left with from using another product that caused a reaction. I’m amazed! My only negative feedback is I hate the sanitation of jar packaging but that’s not a deal breaker by any means. It also feels slightly greasy for daytime use but I LOVE it for night time. I wake up with hydrated glowing skin and I’m so happy. I spray a little bit of Evian thermal water before and after use so the three different forms of hyaluronic acid can lock in moisture to prevent transepidermal water loss. I also LOVE that it has urea as a prominent ingredient. Long story short, I love this product and highly reccomend it. I’ll update if anything changes, but this one is a keeper for sure.

======================================

Edit: I wanted to love this moisturizer SO bad. I thought it was my HG moisturizer, but after a few weeks of use my skin started breaking out in little red bumps all over. I would still say test patch this moisturizer and give it a shot, because if you’re not sensitive to it I think it a great moisturizer. The consistency is nice, it gives your skin a glow, and truly helps give the skin moisture. Unfortunately, my skin didn’t end up liking it.

on 6/30/2017 7:06:00 PM

I like to use gel creams during summer because it feels lighter and has a nice cool feeling in the mornings, but my dry/dehydrated skin oftentimes needs much more moisture/hydration than a gel cream can offer. This gel cream has no scent to it and the texture is stickier/more wet than Belif Moisture Aqua Bomb and Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream. This gel’s texture is similar to Ladykin’s Gel Snail Cream.

I’ve been slapping on generous amounts to test – about a quarter size, so it takes a while to absorb completely and dry. At first, I thought my skin felt slightly wet still after application/absorption, but I realize my face is actually just well hydrated and stayed that way almost through an entire day in an A/C office – pretty darn good for a gel cream on dry/dehydrated skin, better than Belif. My skin feels plump to the touch and well hydrated, but there wasn’t any noticeable difference to my skin visually.

I still prefer the silicone texture and scent of Belif, and the smoothness it gives me, but this really helped with hydration/moisture.

Not sure if I would buy this again because it still feels very basic to me, but it does its job and is relatively inexpensive at $15 (compared to Belif @ $38 and Laneige @ $32). I may reach for the Japanese version just to compare.

on 2/19/2017 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream is a translucent gel cream that is silky and hydrating, is fragrance and dye free, with no mineral oil or petrolatum. I only used it at night as my last skin care step because it was too heavy and sticky for daytime use on my normal to oily skin.

My impression of this product is that it is an oil-free version of Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, slightly lighter, but not as light as the regular Clinique Moisture Surge. It is difficult not to compare this product to Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, which I found to be lacking in positive qualities. For my skin, Hada Labo was a bit less hydrating than the Clinique and more irritating, probably due to the range of Hyaluronic Acid ingredients in the Hada Labo. It had a similar acrylic paint odor to the Clinique product, but not as intense.

Overall, I found Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel cream to be on par with Clinique Moisture Surge Intense--in other words, it did an OK job of sealing in moisture from previous skin care steps and lasted part way through the night. The so-so performance, along with jar packaging and its tendency to irritate, means I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/13/2017 12:04:00 PM

I was looking for something more hydrating. Like others said, this is sticky and pills on my skin. Blech.

It was a toss up. I was so excited to see that a store near me started carrying Hada Labo products! I couldn't decide between this Skin Plumping Gel Cream or the Anti-Aging Moisturizer. Considering my face is more so on the combination leaning oily side I decided to go with the gel. This near translucent gel cream is super moisturizing. Absolutely great for the drier areas on my cheeks. I only use this as a night time cream being that it is a little heavy for my skin type but the gel formula really seems to contain the oil on my t-zone. Its great to mix in with my retinol cream. A little bit does go a long way with this though, if you use too much it stays sticky on your face for a long time. I don't quite mind if I have a sticky face while I sleep though 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this gel-cream. It's perfect for my dry skin whenever I need more hydration. I layer this with more rich creams. I use this as a base, and I slather a more rich cream on top of this. It's great for summer. I highly recommend this as the sole moisturizer for girls with oily skin and combination skin.

My only gripe about this product is the price. For a drugstore product, it's way too expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

On my 3rd jar. Very hydrating. Awesome stuff.

on 1/26/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I waited until I finished the jar to write this review. And I'm on the fence. It is a good moisturizer. But a little goes a LONG way. I have had the same issues other reviewers have mentioned. If you apply too much, your skin will stay sticky for hours afterwards. If you apply too much and then apply primer or foundation, you will have pilling problems. I can honestly say that I didn't see visibly "plumb" skin after application. But I do feel this is a decent, inexpensive moisturizer. Also, using the product involves sticking your finger into the jar- extremely unhygienic!

on 12/11/2015 5:09:00 AM

I bought a travel sized jar of this at Bed Bath Beyond for $7.99 and it came with a $3.00 coupon for a future purchase. It's a perfect size to give it a good run.

I use this product only,at night because I found it pills under makeup and it's also very sticky so not great for day. I layer it over Mizon snail cream at night. Unlike other reviewers I find the stickiness stays a long time, until it rubs off on my pillow. It's very hydrating and makes my skin look luminous the next day, it's worth having in my Arsenal and the price is good. Next I want to try layering it over retinol serum. Loads of possibilities with this.

I don't have breakout prone skin so I can't say if it helps with acne. I do plan on purchasing a full size jar after I get through the travel size, however a little bit goes a long way the travel jar lasted a month for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product because it does moisturize really well but it caused my skin to itch and become more red. I didn't really like the finish of this product either it was really sticky and didn't really dry. I don't think I'll buy it again but it would be a great product if it didn't make me itch.

UPDATE: This product made my skin bumpy and broken out....