Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream

water, hydroxyethyl urea, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, squalane, triethylhexanoin, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, agar, alpha-glucan, arginine, citric acid, dimethicone, dipropylene glycol, disodium EDTA, glucosyl ceramide, hydrolyzed collagen (marine), hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylisothiazolinone, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, triethyl citrate.

on 6/30/2017 7:06:00 PM

I like to use gel creams during summer because it feels lighter and has a nice cool feeling in the mornings, but my dry/dehydrated skin oftentimes needs much more moisture/hydration than a gel cream can offer. This gel cream has no scent to it and the texture is stickier/more wet than Belif Moisture Aqua Bomb and Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream. This gel’s texture is similar to Ladykin’s Gel Snail Cream.

I’ve been slapping on generous amounts to test – about a quarter size, so it takes a while to absorb completely and dry. At first, I thought my skin felt slightly wet still after application/absorption, but I realize my face is actually just well hydrated and stayed that way almost through an entire day in an A/C office – pretty darn good for a gel cream on dry/dehydrated skin, better than Belif. My skin feels plump to the touch and well hydrated, but there wasn’t any noticeable difference to my skin visually.

I still prefer the silicone texture and scent of Belif, and the smoothness it gives me, but this really helped with hydration/moisture.

Not sure if I would buy this again because it still feels very basic to me, but it does its job and is relatively inexpensive at $15 (compared to Belif @ $38 and Laneige @ $32). I may reach for the Japanese version just to compare.

on 2/19/2017 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream is a translucent gel cream that is silky and hydrating, is fragrance and dye free, with no mineral oil or petrolatum. I only used it at night as my last skin care step because it was too heavy and sticky for daytime use on my normal to oily skin.

My impression of this product is that it is an oil-free version of Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, slightly lighter, but not as light as the regular Clinique Moisture Surge. It is difficult not to compare this product to Clinique Moisture Surge Intense, which I found to be lacking in positive qualities. For my skin, Hada Labo was a bit less hydrating than the Clinique and more irritating, probably due to the range of Hyaluronic Acid ingredients in the Hada Labo. It had a similar acrylic paint odor to the Clinique product, but not as intense.

Overall, I found Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel cream to be on par with Clinique Moisture Surge Intense--in other words, it did an OK job of sealing in moisture from previous skin care steps and lasted part way through the night. The so-so performance, along with jar packaging and its tendency to irritate, means I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/13/2017 12:04:00 PM

I was looking for something more hydrating. Like others said, this is sticky and pills on my skin. Blech.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this gel-cream. It's perfect for my dry skin whenever I need more hydration. I layer this with more rich creams. I use this as a base, and I slather a more rich cream on top of this. It's great for summer. I highly recommend this as the sole moisturizer for girls with oily skin and combination skin.

My only gripe about this product is the price. For a drugstore product, it's way too expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

On my 3rd jar. Very hydrating. Awesome stuff.

It was a toss up. I was so excited to see that a store near me started carrying Hada Labo products! I couldn't decide between this Skin Plumping Gel Cream or the Anti-Aging Moisturizer. Considering my face is more so on the combination leaning oily side I decided to go with the gel. This near translucent gel cream is super moisturizing. Absolutely great for the drier areas on my cheeks. I only use this as a night time cream being that it is a little heavy for my skin type but the gel formula really seems to contain the oil on my t-zone. Its great to mix in with my retinol cream. A little bit does go a long way with this though, if you use too much it stays sticky on your face for a long time. I don't quite mind if I have a sticky face while I sleep though 😊

on 12/11/2015 5:09:00 AM

I bought a travel sized jar of this at Bed Bath Beyond for $7.99 and it came with a $3.00 coupon for a future purchase. It's a perfect size to give it a good run.

I use this product only,at night because I found it pills under makeup and it's also very sticky so not great for day. I layer it over Mizon snail cream at night. Unlike other reviewers I find the stickiness stays a long time, until it rubs off on my pillow. It's very hydrating and makes my skin look luminous the next day, it's worth having in my Arsenal and the price is good. Next I want to try layering it over retinol serum. Loads of possibilities with this.

I don't have breakout prone skin so I can't say if it helps with acne. I do plan on purchasing a full size jar after I get through the travel size, however a little bit goes a long way the travel jar lasted a month for me.

on 11/28/2015 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Oh man, this stuff is the bombdigity seriously. I normally wait a while before I review, but I have only been using this gel for 4 days. I usually balk when I see such an early review, but I'm 99% certain my opinion on this stuff is never going to change. I'm going to break it down like this-
Pro's:

- Extremely, deeply moisturizing
- Gel formula- Everything you wanted Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel to be
- Very high dose of hyaluronic acid
- Great to use in a many step system, in between serum and cream
- Great to use alone
- Completely comfortable to use around the eyes
- Does not leave a weird texture that balls up
- Absorbs completely

- My skin is both oily and dry depending on the season. I see this as being great for ALL skin types. Seriously, it's a gel, so it is perfect for oily skin, but it's so moisturizing, it's great for dry skin. It's an enigma wrapped inside a taco, inside of a Taco Bell (lol ^.^) **Update**-> I've been using this for 2 months now and I still think it's good for dry skin, however, now that the temp has dropped into the teens F/ negative C where I live, my skin has become wind chapped, extremely dry AF :(, I'm also outside A LOT though, so that makes matters worse. This is still great and I look forward to slapping it on, but I definitely need to add another layer of something richer on top for this extreme situation, fyi. This definitely enhances the richer cream I apply on top.** (stop update)

- No fragrance, No parabens, No cones, No mineral oil, No dyes (I'm not hardcore about this sort of stuff, but if I can find a great product without any of it, well then, yes please!)

- Great price! I consider this to be a fantastic price for such a high quality product. The majority of the time I'm paying over 30 bucks a pop for my skin creams. I am picky though.

- For anyone that can shop at Ulta online, it's available. That means sales and points :) I got mine for $14.99, it's normally $24.99, but I'm sure they will have bogo 50% on these in the future, plus you can use the $3.50 off for it anytime because it's not prestige.

Con's:

- It does take about 5 minutes for it to soak in and there is a sort of wet texture until it does, doesn't bother me though

- It's in a jar. Again, this doesn't bother me. My field of study is biology/ medical science. I've taken plenty of micro bio classes and I can promise you, as long as you're washing your hands before you use it, there is nothing to worry about. I'll spare you a long drawn out explanation, but it's really not a big deal. On a side note, if something has retinol or a highly active ingredient, then it should be in an airtight, light proof container. This stuff doesn't qualify for that type of packaging.

The only thing I really can't speak for is if it will break me out or clog my pores. In the short amount of time that I've had it though, my skin has not become congested at all. It just feels deeply moisturized and happy. Since it's free of so many potentially irritating ingredients, I really don't see it becoming a problem. I see this product as being fantastic for sensitive skin.

This is something I can say will ALWAYS be in my skincare arsenal from now on, as long as they keep making it and I pray they never stop. It's what I've been looking for ever since I first stared using Clinique's DDMG 15 years ago, which I loved, but it was never enough moisture. Next time there is a sale I'm buying back ups. Give it a try, it's such a simple moisture gel, yet it packs a powerful punch!

**Update** OK, so like I said in my mini update, I've been using this for 2 months now, still LOVE it. I appreciate this product even more now. I don't detract from the fact that it can't stand alone when my skin is weather related extremely dry, I actually appreciate it more, it's so multipurpose in my eyes. I've basically been using it as a serum for now, but I know when it gets really hot and humid, and my skin begins to feel oily and sticky, that I can dial down my SC routine to just slapping this on by itself if I feel like it. I've used 3 jars since I wrote my first review of this and I'll keep repurchasing. The reason why I've used 3 jars in 2 months though is because I totally dropped my brand new 2nd jar into my sink, while open, and lost about 3/4 of the product...so I guess that adds slightly to the "open jar" con lol ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product because it does moisturize really well but it caused my skin to itch and become more red. I didn't really like the finish of this product either it was really sticky and didn't really dry. I don't think I'll buy it again but it would be a great product if it didn't make me itch.

UPDATE: This product made my skin bumpy and broken out....

on 1/26/2016 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I waited until I finished the jar to write this review. And I'm on the fence. It is a good moisturizer. But a little goes a LONG way. I have had the same issues other reviewers have mentioned. If you apply too much, your skin will stay sticky for hours afterwards. If you apply too much and then apply primer or foundation, you will have pilling problems. I can honestly say that I didn't see visibly "plumb" skin after application. But I do feel this is a decent, inexpensive moisturizer. Also, using the product involves sticking your finger into the jar- extremely unhygienic!