L'Oreal Paris The Infallible Blackbuster

L'Oreal Paris The Infallible Blackbuster

2.2

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lignosulfonate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-11 Carboxylate, Laureth-10, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol, Polysorbate 80, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, May contain [ /-Cl 77266/Black 2], FIL 1158152/3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I did not have the rotten experience with this liner that most seem to have had, but I certainly wouldn’t buy it again. It’s a great liner for an unsteady hand, as the sturdy, felt tip makes it easy to apply. I’m not half bad at liquid liners, however, so this wasn’t necessarily a plus for me. The color isn’t brilliant, but I didn’t find that it looks too faded. It goes on thick (in terms of width, not color), so a real inky black might be a little much. However, the thickness of the tip is an unavoidable problem when it comes to the corners of your eyes. A thick line in the inner corner looks ridiculous, so if you use this product, you’ll have to do some delicate smudging/cleanup in this area. And forget about even attempting to do a cat eye, because a fat tip can’t complete a delicate sweep, that’s for sure! The tip also becomes dull fairly quickly, so the fatness of your line will progress as time goes on. I do, however, feel this liner has good lasting power. If you want to use it for a layered, smoky, smudgy look, it could be a fine weapon in your arsenal, but you can achieve this type of look with more diverse products.

on 1/5/2018 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

While I didn’t experience the watery faded pigment that others mentioned (I guess mine was mixed properly) this product is a fail because it runs like CRAZY!! Your eye better not tear up at all or this Eyeliner will literally be all over your face. Sad, as it’s a nice dark color (at least mine was) with a semi glossy finish and looked quite nice, but it’s just not even usable based on how much this runs. Had to trash it.

on 12/28/2016 3:37:00 PM

I've had this for awhile and at first I thought it was pretty great until I tried other eyeliners. It lasts all day without smudging (keep in mind I have dry skin), though it does slightly fade a bit.

I realized it's not actually all that pigmented or black (even though when swatching it looks okay), watery formula and my cap broke after a few uses. If you build up the ink it will get darker but that's extremely annoying. Does an okay job of a cat eye, terrible for waterline.

FIND SOMETHING ELSE!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Absolutely the worst eyeliner! The. Worst.

I read a piece in Allure in which beauty industry folks named their must have products (prestige and drug store). I realize now it was product placement disguised as beauty "journalism." This product is watery, translucent garbage and I'm returning it to the store today. It goes on easily enough but is obviously watery and thin. I had to let it dry and apply a second and then a third coat. Still, after multiple applications, it breaks down and looks splotchy and patchy. It's tacky and sticky and slightly uncomfortable to wear and eye color transfers. Do not buy this product.

Absolute crap

on 4/6/2016 11:04:00 PM

I'm sorry I wasted my money on this. I thought it was a 'liquid.' But it acts more like an old fashioned marker.

The packaging says '8 HR wear and Intensity / Skip proof / Smudgeproof.
Its NONE of those things.
I've been using this on my eye / eyelid with no primer or foundation. I have to go over an area twice to get solid coverage. I let it dry. Then 15 minutes later its patchy. I made a cute cateye. 15 minutes later I have serious patchyness. I can't go anywhere looking like that. It didn't seem to smudge on its own, but it does smudge if touched after its dry. When used over foundation, it goes on better and is harder to get off, but it smudges more.

The packaging says 'easy to remove with loreal paris eye makeup remover.'
There is no need for that. I can get 90 percent of this off bare skin just by using cool water. A tiny bit of soap or facewash gets the rest of it off easy. When used over foundation, I can get most of it off with water, but it smudges and then I have to use a little soap or facewash. But the point is, you don't need L'oreal's makeup remover. This Infallible Blackbuster doesnt have that kind of staying power.

on 9/16/2015 6:42:00 PM

Horrible product! The black isn't opaque, needs multiple coats before it looks half as good as it should and slightly runny. It doesn't even last long enough. I've been pleased with Loreal's lineur intense and this a waste.

on 9/6/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super disappointed with this eyeliner.

At first, I was curious with trying out a chunkier looking eyeliner. I thought that maybe it would make application easier to handle since it is a lot shorter than your usual eyeliner? Some people might find it bulky but I don't mind it's packaging or size.

However the color didn't come out as I expected, it was very watery and whenever I would draw a line over eyeshadows, it would lose color. It also barely lasted the morning after application - especially since I live in very humid weather. Definitely not going to be repurchased.

on 8/3/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is seriously awful. I am so disappointed. It's watery and terrible, runs, bad color, maybe lasts 20 min max less in the summer. Will never ever buy this again and will hesitate on all l'oreal liners.

This is the worst eyeliner I have ever used it comes out perfectly on my hand but then I try to use it on my eyes and it becomes see through. I left it upside down for days. It is a very pour product and I would not purchase it again