Frank Body - Coffee Scrub

Frank Body - Coffee Scrub

on 7/9/2016 1:27:00 PM

I receive Frank's body scrub in my Ipsy bag so I gave it a try. I used it on my body only in hopes that it would make by skin appear more even. While it did give my skin a nice glow, the product itself is disgusting. First of all, it smells like day old coffee grounds and the scent stays on your body even after washing. Secondly, it gets everywhere. I used it in my shower and it stained my tub and tile and coffee grounds were everywhere which required an intensive cleaning afterwards and I still found grounds the next day. Lastly, the product didn't seem to be a miracle as advertised. Even if it did make your skin smoother and give it a glow, the smell and mess of the produce just isn't worth it. I rather use a lotion or other type of scrub.

i heard that frank body is amazing and there's nothing better than it so i decided to give it a try.
I bought the frank body bundle (2 coffee scrubs and body cream) i used the original scrub first, all over my body, and then my face. It caused my face to break out with white head pimples, blackheads and pimples under the skin(blind pimples). I also got acne on the side of my face. i read somewhere that after using Frank body on the face if you have oily skin to wash it lightly with a mild soap. i have oily to combination skin so that's what i did after using it and it still caused pimples to appear. maybe that is normal, but my face is really right now and i regret using it. i had one or two pimples before using it and now i have all around my face.
After using Frank body on my body, i started to get tiny red dots on my thighs so I immedialty stopped using it. i have sensitive skin but that doesn't happen from sensitive skin.
overall, i do not recommend this product as it has ruined my face and body.

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

this scrub actually left my face very soft but didn't decrease any marks or redness and actually started giving me heaps of blackheads and then I started to get a rash after using it for few months.

on 5/23/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I ordered the bundle with four different scrubs, the facial cleanser and the facial scrub. I see lots of people not liking the body scrub because it's breaking out their face-on the website it shows the models putting it on their faces but with coconut oil and other oils and butters that are in the scrub, it probably WILL break you out. I got 4 scrubs in the bundle-coconut, cacao, peppermint and the one they call Original-it smells like one of those chocolate oranges you get at Christmas.
The packaging stinks, wish that would be changed, I will just transfer the scrub into a jar next time. The scrub isn't tightly packaged, like they are in jars, it's very fluffy and light, no dripping oil with these. Yep, it's super messy but that's no biggie with me. The ingredients are lush and it feels good to sit with this on for 10 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry. I feel super soft and not really that greasy. I just starting using this so I can't attest to any of the claims about clearing up cellulite. Just don't use this body scrub on your face, lots of pore clogging stuff. I will buy this again when I run out. The cacao, peppermint and coconut are my favorites.

on 5/20/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I discovered Frank Body after a suggestion from a co-worker who said they had seen 'before and afters' photos on the Frank Body Instagram page of acne prone people like myself with clear skin after using the Frank Body coffee scrubs. I got totally sucked in and I didn't do any proper research.

I went ahead and bought the coconut coffee scrub, creamy face cleanser, and everyday moisturiser. The shipping was quick and I had the beautifully packaged products within two days (I'm an Australian consumer buying and Australian product). The only packaging which wasn't practical was the zip-lock paper bag for the coconut coffee scrub. I carefully transferred it to a glass jar with lid.

I really wanted to believe that this was working for me. But after only a week and a half I stopped using it as I was breaking out with more white heads than before I started using Frank products. All three products contained coconut oil which is highly comedogenic (clogs pores). And it certainly clogged my pores! I had at least one-two new white heads everyday. The cleanser and moisturiser also contained cocoa seed butter and sweet almond oil. More medium-highly comedogenic ingredients!

Because the coconut coffee scrub leaves a residue which is not suitable for oily skin people like myself, I would use the scrub first up in the morning. I would leave the scrub on for ten minutes and then rinse. Afterwards I would use the cleanser and then the moisturiser (only a pea size amount). At night I would just use the cleanser (double cleanse if I was wearing makeup), and then moisturise.

I did like how natural the products were. Not nearly as many nasty chemicals as my usual cleansers and moisturisers from Neutrogena. But now I have to try and clear up my even worse off skin and acne. Thanks a lot Frank. Do not use these if you are acne prone!

I feel this product would be a lot better suited to someone who has dry skin and NOT acne prone.

on 4/25/2016 10:10:00 AM

Wow! I usually don't write reviews, but I read tons of reviews before buying something, and I just had to add another good one. I have tried hundreds of products and this is probably the best scrub I have ever come across!
Cleared up my excema and makes my skin soo soft!
Worth the money!! Will Def repurchase when this bag runs out.

on 4/13/2016 4:57:00 AM

AMAZING!!!! Definitely cleared up my skin , made it feel so soft and clean & smells amazing! Recommend for everyone to give it a go!

on 3/28/2016 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was so curious about this, and was on their site one day intending to by some. It's pricey at 12£ for just 200 grams. Especially considering my husband gets pad in USD despite living in the UK, so it'd be 18$. For some coffee and oil.
I passed.
Most of the ingredients I had at home, including trusty old Starbucks coffee and sweet almond oil. I used Epsom instead of sea salt. I can't believe I've never tried coffee scrubbing before, it's awesome!! The smell is divine, and I enjoy the feeling, the novelty of it. I believe there's anecdotal evidence that supports the idea that topical application of caffeine has some skin benefits as well.
It's not as intense as a sugar scrub, but my skin is left smooth and not dried out. I do it as a final step in the shower, and use some coconut oil on my skin when I get out if needed. I sometimes use just plain coffee and skip adding other things, I wonder about the oils hindering absorption of the caffeine.
If you have a lemming for this, it's possible to save money and make your own. I paid 7$ for the giant bag of Starbucks and had the rest of the ingredients already.

on 3/11/2016 6:09:00 PM

Absolutely love this scrub, best one I've ever tried. Shipping was super fast in Australia, I received it within a couple of days. Although it is messy and I recommend using a water tight container to store it rather than the cardboard bag. Easy to wash off and feels like an instant moisturiser. Personally I love the coffee smell, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a fan of coffee. Feel like an absolute goddess, would definitely buy again ☺️

on 2/24/2016 11:16:00 AM

I have been using Frank scrubs for two years now, and have purchased the original, the cacao and peppermint ones. The original has a strong orange scent that I absolutely hated and boy was I glad when they started releasing more scents. Cacao is my go-to scrub now.

This scrub really make my skin soft and smooth! It wasn't a pleasant feeling at first, like you covered yourself in thick lotion (especially if you live in a humid, tropical climate) but I got used to it.

The peppermint one isn't as moisturizing but it make sense because peppermint oil is drying.

To those that complained about this scrub breaking out your face, use a bit of common sense. If it feels oily, cleanse your face after that. I have no problem with using this product on my face.

I dislike the packaging and the hassle and mess of this product, but otherwise, it's great!