Frank Body Coffee Scrub- Original

Coffee Scrub- OriginalCoffee Scrub- OriginalCoffee Scrub- Original

3.7

on 8/1/2018 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am obsessed with body scrubs and Exfoliate daily. I hear a these great things about Frank's body scrubs so i buy the sample size at Ulta to try it out. This is the messiest worst body scrub ivd ever used. Why in all of these positive "Frank's the best" reviews did no one happen to mention "oh yeah it's a bag of essentially coffee grounds that you are going to try to scoop out of package, scrub your body and eventually rinse off without making a mess but the joke will be on you because you'll have coffee grounds everywhere" that would of been a more helpful review. Seriously coffee grounds everywhere. I had to clean my bathtub for days to get the last of the grounds out of my tub. I had to wash my shower curtain in the washer and even wash all my products off to completely rid my bathroom of coffee grounds. The grounds that i actually got to stay on my skin to scrub it, I want really impressed with. I can list 3 scrubs I use on a regular basis that outscrubs this scrub. Plus it doesn't make a mess. And as much as I love coffee it's not a smell i associate with clean or want to wear so that's another reason Frank's isn't for me. I don't recommend this to anyone. I actually bought two when i bought it because I was going to give one of the girls that work with me one as a gift. I did not because I didn't want her mother to hate me and wish the same karma on me lol. Seriously no one mentioned this mess in anything I read about this scrub. Well I am warning you, the happy oh this is the best scrub reviews and articles should come with a disclaimer for people like me who didn't know what they were getting into

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Good product, has a strong coffee smell, but I don't mind it. I used to get ingrown hairs on my legs after shaving, but ever since using this scrub I've had barely any.
My only complaints are that it does go everywhere in the shower (and sometimes bathroom), but I saw they made a creamy scrub, which shouldnt be as messy, so I might try that next. Also the packaging can get a bit wet and doesn't dry very well. Other than that its a great scrub!

I expected the product to be a thick constancy but all u get is cheap, loose coffee. Its a big mess. No wonder it was half the price at Sephora. The only good thing is the package. That‘s all. Don‘t buy this.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I received this as a gift, I dislike everything about this from the tacky plain packaging to the cheap a$$ ingredients and phunky week old coffee ground stench. Opening this bag, there is gritty ground coffee bits that are not in a moist base. They are kinda dry and flake out all over the place. Forget about trying to rub this neatly into your skin. It will spatter everywhere. I am talking total bathroom cleanup after use. Who needs that?!! As a scrub it is gritty enough but does not feel nice as it is not in a base to make it glide over the skin. I would take any Tree Hut sugar scrub or Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating towel over this cheap, stinky bag of old stale coffee grounds. What a joke this product is.

on 10/8/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using the Frank body scrub for around 3 years now.
In Australia it costs $16 and you can purchase it from Mecca or the Frank website.
Shipping from either one is fast, and the product always comes undamaged.
The coffee smell is very strong, due to it being made from actual granules of coffee mixed into other things. The scrub always leaves my skin glowing, hydrated and so smooth!
I will absolutely keep using this and I also find it really helpful to use before I tan because it spreads more evenly then.

on 8/8/2017 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got given a sample of this Frank body scrub in my mecca loop box.
i am so glad i didn't pay money for this messy scrub.
I don't know what i was thinking it would be like when i opened it, but i didn't expect it to be
actual coffee !
I have only used one handful, and that was enough, the rest is going in the bin.
I agree with a previous review, it does smell like stale coffee, and did nothing for my skin apart
from making it smell like stale coffee!
I used it in the shower, and the coffee granules go everywhere, I am still trying to wash them down the sink and its been a
week.
Even if this product did wonders for my skin, i still would not purchase due to the mess it leaves behind.

on 7/31/2017 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

So i recently bought the face scrub I actually love it!!! It literally makes my face sooooooo smooth and soft and hasn't broken me out at al! So I'm so curious as to all the bad reviews I have read :s ??!! coz I love it so far! Look the smell is coffee but it is a coffee scrub right?
I would purchase again

on 5/24/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I will preface this review by saying that my skin is incredibly sensitive. It reacts (typically in the form of pimples) to countless products, and, as a result, I have become very mindful of the ingredients in everything I put on my face. After having a look over the ingredients in the original coffee scrub, I didn't think there was anything potentially irritating. I decided to give this scrub a try on my face after reading many positive reviews written by women with skin just like mine. Many even considered this scrub to be a godsend after years of struggling with reactive, angry skin. Unfortunately, my experience was the very opposite of a godsend....a nightmare really. After 1 use, my face broke out into an itchy red rash. Everywhere but my forehead is red and covered in tiny little bumps. My skin has NEVER reacted this badly to any product EVER, and I have tried about a million different skincare products over the past 10 years. This scrub is going straight in the garbage. I would give it 0/5 if I could.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this product since I was promised "baby soft skin". However, it made a minimal difference in my skin. It has been better than other scrubs I have tried, but still not what I am looking for. I will not repurchase.

on 8/28/2016 4:42:00 PM

When I put this product on my face feels like it's burning and itchy idk why ? First week I used it did help a bit but now it just feels normal