Estee Lauder Double Wear- Stay In Place HIGH COVER Concealer SPF 35 (Cream Compact, NOT Liquid)

3.3

on 4/30/2016 11:27:00 AM

This is a great concealer imo. It is emolient enough to use undereye but also has enough coverage to cover blemishes. I love not having to use two different concealers for different uses. Cream pots like this are ideal for tossing in a purse.

I bought this to replace my Mac studio finish and I am so glad!!

More emolient than MAC
W1 is more neutral than nc20. Sometimes I felt like Mac nc20 was too bright and actually was highlighting my undereye issue. El is more neutral and has more peachiness- so it conceals better
It lasts longer on the skin and does not crease

It blends flawlessly into my skin-- somewhere bw an nc15/20 shade.

on 4/30/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love both DW & DWL but this is a different animal. AWFUL is the word I'd use. Lasts about 1 hour on the skin so definately not long wearing. It also oxidises like mad & turned my skin into a grease ball. Clinique powder foundation & concealer lasts about 10 hours & is cheaper. Returned!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/8/2016 3:37:00 AM

I love this concealer. It's easy to apply and blend (I use a little brush) and it lasts all day for me. It also lasts ages - I've been using the same one for over a year - and so is pretty good value. It's better for blemishes than larger areas like the under eye, but it works there for me if dabbed on and blended well.

on 3/5/2016 12:15:00 PM

I am so shocked by the low repurchase % on this- like super shocked. I expected to log on and find it rated as a winner! Just goes to show you can never really tell with a product till you try it yourself! It'll be interesting to see how the figures develop as time goes on.

I absolutely love this concealer. It hides my dark circles and doesn't go all crinkly eye or creased (MAC I am looking at you....) Blends like a dream with little to no drag on delicate eye skin, lasts and stays looking fresh on me. Many of the Estee Lauder products tend to look better on me as they wear... The colour is a brilliant match as well (I am using the 1N Extra Light shade with DW Light in Intensity 1.0, although the counter said that the 1W shade was the ideal match for that foundation shade) and isn't conspicuous at all.

I think skin texture and type must account for some of the diverging opinion (as is ever the case with skin products) but on me this is the best fit, best performing concealer, I think, I have ever owned.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I originally shied away from this concealer as I need it for my dark under eye circles and I have fine lines, and was nervous this would just enhance them. However, I got a sample at Nordstroms and tried it for about a week on my under eye circles and on hyper pigmentation and I now plan to go back and buy the full sized product. It's multi use for me- I dab a little under the eyes (not to much or it will cake) and I can also use it on dark spots/freckles/blemishes. I love that I can use this on multiple areas of the face and it didn't break me out. It really does a great job at hiding dark under eye circles (Not exaggerating) A tiny bit of this concealer goes a long way. Has some of the best cover ability out of any concealers I have tried and I have tried them all- Mac, Nars, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Bare Essentials..) I would just definitely recommend using a moisturizer before applying anywhere, esp under the eye, to help blend. Other than that I will definitely be keeping this in my makeup stash. I like this one better than the Estée Lauder Dw concealer in the tube - this one covers better and stays in place longer. Highly recommend.

on 1/13/2016 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I was looking for a lighter color for winter of my HG EL DW Max Cover Camouflage foundation (navy tube, gold cap) that I normally use to cover broken caps, PIH, and now scars from a bad IPL.

I normally dab the Max Cover camouflage only in areas where I need extra coverage OVER my regular foundation (currently Maybelline FitMe Matte+Poreless). The EL Max Cover is my all-time HG for coverage. Nothing comes close. I've even tried Dermablend and for me, the EL gives better coverage. Blows away KVD's Tattoo foundation. It's also water resistant - I can wear it swimming! I even used it to completely cover a large burst blood vessel from the bad IPL I had. I'm talking something the color of a blood blister - DARK red, w/ sharply demarcated lines - no gradual bruise fade. And the EL Max Cover did it beautifully.

However, the Camouflage mu has an extremely limited color range, w/ not enough WARM / yellow toned colors in the pale range. You have to get too dark for my skin, esp. in winter, to get the really yellow tones. I end up wearing a neutral and it looks a bit off on me.

So I thought this solid cream concealer described as EL's "highest coverage," in a thankfully pale warm ivory, would be a perfect replacement. This is a solid cream, rather than a liquid cream texture. I'm not a fan of solid creams, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately, the coverage is nowhere NEAR that of the Max cover camouflage foundation in the tube. I think the problem is that it's solid cream that you can't really "spackle" on. You pat or wipe a bit onto a finger or sponge, and it relies on melting w/ the heat of your skin to liquefy enough to spread. The result is that you get an extremely thin layer that is basically melted solids. It does not seem to contain enough pigment in a thick enough layer to cover as well.

I tried layering several thin layers. No dice. It just starting looking cakey and unnatural. So, sadly, not a replacement in terms of coverage for the DW Max Cover camouflage foundation. I can't understand why EL would describe this as their highest coverage mu. It is NOT. Too bad. I keep writing to EL asking them to make more pale warm colors for my HG DW Max cover camouflage foundation. Over the years they even dc'd their palest color, Ivory. Not good!

Very irritating how almost every cosmetics co. thinks that all pale people are neutral or pink-toned, and they don't even make any really yellow tones until you get into the medium to dark colors. I am still dreaming of the day I can walk into a "foundation bar," get my skin matched like a paint chip, and my favorite foundation is CUSTOM colored to match MY SKIN EXACTLY. It can be done. They have the technology. They do it in paint stores! And while the color IQ that Sephora offers is helpful, it's not the same thing. You're still limited to the colors each company decides to make. Which may not match you. Sigh.

I love this concealer. I stipple it on with a brush. (It's a MUST to stipple this product onto the under eye area and/or face!!! Blends better. Builds better.) Great color selection. Creamy. Not drying. Blends very, very well. Covers. SPF35. Doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Wears well. HG for me! (I'm shocked at the poor reviews! Lisa Eldridge featured it on a very recent video for over 40.)

I use then when the gods give me a super red blemish. Covers amazing and only a little needed, love the package with a little mirror

on 9/22/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While this concealer has amazing coverage, I find it hard to blend into my skin. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has mature skin or dry skin. Personally, I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/10/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Not impressed. It sounds incredible: long-wearing, high SPF, creamy...

Sadly, it performs poorly! It's one of those concealers that fades quickly, but looks much worse afterwards than without. It turns whiteish and patchy, making the "sleep" in your eyes white also. Not a good look! I've tried it with primer and different application methods with no luck in appearance and lasting power.

Fail!