Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

1.6

on 7/2/2016 7:54:00 PM

Eyeliner is the most important makeup product of mine, I've been looking for one for awhile and a big issue I have is the felt tips being too soft and flimsy, this did not feel soft nor flimsy on my hand at the drugstore so I decided to give it a go. When I used it on my eyes, it was a different story. So much pain, it is too rough and too little product came out, and it made my eye sting for the next week. Please do not buy this product.

on 5/18/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This probably is the single worst make up product I've ever had. It wasn't even that cheap at the store I bought it from, but Rimmel is okay-ish so, even if I didn't expect a 10+ performance, at least I hoped to reach lunchtime in a semi-decent condition. Oh how I was wrong. This basically DOESN'T WRITE. One may think that I got a faulty one, but I tried some other samples in stores (mainly because I couldn't remember what product I was looking for) and they do the same. So, the first time I applied it, I cried like crazy because the tip is so hard it pokes straight into the eye from the lid. The line itself was the saddest make up line ever, a pale gray, with no chance of building it without removing the line underneath. The tip, advertised like thick and thin, is indeed double faced, but there is no thing like 'thick', it's very very small and I guess if they made it larger, like a marker, it would have got a chance of a less painful performance.
Don't ever, ever, ever buy this, not even if it is a free gift from somewhere. It's just waste of space in the world. HATE IT!

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Why would you make a marker so tiny and so rough!? I just bought this because I wanted a chiseled eyeliner marker that was waterproof. I had actually bought the new (2016) Wet n Wild chiseled eyeliner marker and didn't like how long it lasted and that it wasn't waterproof. But compared to this, I'll take the WnW marker anytime. That marker is wider, comfortable and draws a dark inky black line like a dream. This marker is see-through fresh out of the package and the marker feels like you're dragging a pumice-covered Orange stick across your eye. Returning.

on 8/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

Horrible product .. The tip is very harsh and it is very difficult to get close to your eye lid line so you end up with a gap of no eyeliner

When i first read the reviews , i couldn't believe that this product could be that bad.
When i did use it, i had to agree with everyone else, it is , quite frankly, useless.

The color comes out gray and thin,and I'm presuming you have to go over the line multiple times to get a close to black color, however I wasn't able to do so, because the felt tip was so hard, it hurt my eyelid.Also, so much for it being waterproof, I was literally able to wipe it off with a wet finger.

Complete waste of money, i really expected better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was surprised this eyeliner has such bad reviews. It's not my favourite but I also don't think it's the worst I've ever tried. I've had mine for a year and it still works fine, it has not dried out at all. The colour is black, not the blackest eyeliner ever, but if you do two layers it is fine. The tip is a funny shape so it can be difficult to work with, but once I go the hang of it it was fine. I do think the liner lasts all day and night, I've worn it to clubs before where it's very hot and sweaty and didn't have any smudging. I won't repurchase just because I have other liners to use and I also do not wear non matte eyeliner often enough to justify it. Overall, it isn't the best liner in the world, but it certainly isn't as bad as other reviews have made it out to be.

on 8/4/2015 5:12:00 PM

I was really sick and couldn't drive anywhere, so my mom had to go out and buy me new eyeliner since I wasn't able to. She came home with this and I was excited thinking it would be great.
Well, I try it (while I'm rushing to get ready for work) and it's EXTREMELY watered down and doesn't even stay on. It requires at least 3 coats for it to look fairly decent.

I don't know why this stuff is even being sold still. It doesn't even work.

on 7/18/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner was awful. I bought it because it was on sale (no surprise there) and it just doesn't work. It hurts your eye when you try to put it on and its watery. It's not black, its a crappy light black with 70% water. You cant even put it on. I bought this for winging my eyeliner but you can't even make a decent line with it. DO NOT BUY IT SAVE YOUR MONEY

on 7/7/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this half price when it was on sale. I will be throwing it out, what a waste of money. Application was not smooth, you have to really drag it across your skin. With patience you can get a decent line, but the big downside for me was the formula. It did not last, after an hour of wearing it, it started to smudge, I had to keep wiping the corner of my eyes. By the time I got back from work the line was barely there. I think the idea of this is great but executed very poorly.

on 7/5/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no idea why this liner has such horrible reviews. I like it a lot. It stays on my oily eyelids (ladies -- use a primer, you'll thank me later. Try Wet n' Wild Fergie primer. That stuff is a godsend). It has a firm tip with varying tapered edges so you really can't f*ck up the line. I ALWAYS screw up the line and have to go back and do it again and screw it up a second time and end up skipping liner in the end. Not with this stuff, though! I don't know what the other reviews mean by "not bold enough". What, do you WANT to look like heroin-era Amy Winehouse? This is perfectly pigmented, though it comes in black only. Found it at Target.