Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

Rimmel ScandalEyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner

1.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'll never listen to xovain reviews again.

on 2/24/2017 1:07:00 PM

The black line was really bold for the first few uses, which was great, but if I made a mistake, it was near impossible to wipe off without rubbing and irritating my skin. However, after the first few uses, it started to go on as a pale gray and I couldn't redo the lines because nothing would happen, or the initial line would be erased. I tried several tips I found online for reviving felt-tip liner but nothing worked. Pretty disappointed.

on 2/13/2017 6:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

There are no positives to this eyeliner at all. This eyeliner drags on the eyes, has no pigmentation whatsoever and dried out almost immediately. Very disappointed.

I'm glad I didn't read any reviews of this product before I purchased it as they would have put me off and for me this eye liner is amazing!

I have worn a liquid liner cat eye pretty much every day for 10 years so liquid liner is the most important tool to me in my make up arsenal. For many years I have bounced between the Rimmel exaggerate liquid liner, the Collection fast stroke liner and most recently the Sleek liquid liner. I really love liners that are very intense and matte with a crisp application.

I have tried various felt tip liners before and they have always been a complete fail. For some reason they always seem ok as a swatch but as soon as they get anywhere near my eyelids they are impossible to apply and I have to go over my lines a million times to get anything out of them and it ends up looking awful...the Soap and Glory one was the worst!

I chose this product as I was in a hurry and Clicks don't stock my usual liners. I swatched it and it seemed pretty good so I threw caution to the wind...and boy am I glad I did.

The product goes on very matte with great coverage without having to go back over lines. The nip is really great for application. I can't say I use the 'thick and thin' sides of the nib how they are supposed to but I get amazing and crisp looking cat eye flicks every time.

I have used the liner for about a week and it doesn't look as though it is drying out so fingers crossed it will last because I think this is the best liquid liner I have ever used.

on 8/31/2016 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

What a waste of money. Okay, I know Rimmel is a budget brand, but still.

I have had 5 uses out of this - that's 10 eyelids - and it's run out.

The nib is really scratchy and drags the eyelid - I swear I was giving myself wrinkles.

This is without a doubt the worst eyeliner I have ever used. I would rather have a kohl pencil that keeps breaking than another one of these.

on 7/2/2016 7:54:00 PM

Eyeliner is the most important makeup product of mine, I've been looking for one for awhile and a big issue I have is the felt tips being too soft and flimsy, this did not feel soft nor flimsy on my hand at the drugstore so I decided to give it a go. When I used it on my eyes, it was a different story. So much pain, it is too rough and too little product came out, and it made my eye sting for the next week. Please do not buy this product.

on 5/18/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This probably is the single worst make up product I've ever had. It wasn't even that cheap at the store I bought it from, but Rimmel is okay-ish so, even if I didn't expect a 10+ performance, at least I hoped to reach lunchtime in a semi-decent condition. Oh how I was wrong. This basically DOESN'T WRITE. One may think that I got a faulty one, but I tried some other samples in stores (mainly because I couldn't remember what product I was looking for) and they do the same. So, the first time I applied it, I cried like crazy because the tip is so hard it pokes straight into the eye from the lid. The line itself was the saddest make up line ever, a pale gray, with no chance of building it without removing the line underneath. The tip, advertised like thick and thin, is indeed double faced, but there is no thing like 'thick', it's very very small and I guess if they made it larger, like a marker, it would have got a chance of a less painful performance.
Don't ever, ever, ever buy this, not even if it is a free gift from somewhere. It's just waste of space in the world. HATE IT!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Why would you make a marker so tiny and so rough!? I just bought this because I wanted a chiseled eyeliner marker that was waterproof. I had actually bought the new (2016) Wet n Wild chiseled eyeliner marker and didn't like how long it lasted and that it wasn't waterproof. But compared to this, I'll take the WnW marker anytime. That marker is wider, comfortable and draws a dark inky black line like a dream. This marker is see-through fresh out of the package and the marker feels like you're dragging a pumice-covered Orange stick across your eye. Returning.

on 8/25/2015 1:33:00 PM

Horrible product .. The tip is very harsh and it is very difficult to get close to your eye lid line so you end up with a gap of no eyeliner

When i first read the reviews , i couldn't believe that this product could be that bad.
When i did use it, i had to agree with everyone else, it is , quite frankly, useless.

The color comes out gray and thin,and I'm presuming you have to go over the line multiple times to get a close to black color, however I wasn't able to do so, because the felt tip was so hard, it hurt my eyelid.Also, so much for it being waterproof, I was literally able to wipe it off with a wet finger.

Complete waste of money, i really expected better.