L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (All Shades)

L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (All Shades)
True Match Liquid Foundation (All Shades)True Match Liquid Foundation (All Shades)

3.5

WATER • ISODODECANE • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • GLYCERIN • CYCLOHEXASILOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • BUTYLENE GLYCO • DIMETHICONE • ISOEICOSANE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE • HEXYL LAURATE • C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE • ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE • DIAZOLIDINYL UREA • METHYLPARABEN • PROPYLPARABEN • TOCOPHEROL • PANTHENOL • ALUMINA • METHICONE MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE • IRON OXIDES • MICA • YELLOW 5 LAKE • RED 7

on 4/14/2018 7:26:00 AM

I’m reviewing the UK version & I love this foundation! I’m the shade beige rose which is a perfect match for my skin and has a slight pink undertone ( which I normally don’t like but it looked good). 100% recommend this foundation it comes in a lot of shades from light to deep.

on 4/10/2018 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the UK version which comes with a pump.
If you have oily skin, i would not recommend it. First, it has shimmer in it. It is not that obvious once I put it on my face but I don't like it for my oily skin. Second, no matter how careful I blend it out, it looks very unnatural and not like skin. Third, the price is on the higher end of the drugstore. ELF foundation performed much better with half the price.
I bought it coz one of my fav yoituber said this is her HG for mature skin. In my opinion, it would cake up like crazy if you have mature skin with fine lines. Dry skin ppl might give it a try coz it is dewy and not oily controlling.

Picked this up after seeing some reviews, especially by the over 40 crowd. I tried this back in my 30s but it must not have reached HG status for me as I don't recall the last time I used it. I typically use Revlon Colorstay in Soft Beige or ivory, whatever it's called (#180). I held that up to bottles of this and decided on soft Ivory N1. First off, it's too light for me, but warmed it up with a bronzer and it will pass for now.

I prefer medium to full coverage. This is a solid medium for me when applied with a RT sponge, easily buildable. No pump. This will be good for daily wear or to work. I used a primer and an oil free moisturizer. It blended easily and evenly. Topped it off with Coty Airspun and it set well. Where the Revlon clearly sits on my skin, this blended into my skin for a very nice, natural effect. I'm obviously wearing makeup, but my skin shows underneath and not in a bad way. It is playing nicely with my lines and wrinkles and pores. Washing the foundation off the back of my hand after applying wasn't easy, so this should have some staying power. But when I did wash, while taking a bit of work, it was completely gone and didn't leave a residue like Revlon does. Also a good thing.

Overall I'm happy with it, even being a smidge too light, but I'd buy again. The shade selection, while big, isn't perfect. I stay away from the cool tones as they're too pink, and was afraid the warm would be too yellow, that's how I opted for neutral. Next time I'll go a shade darker. A pump would elevate this by a lippie. I prefer more control than an open bottle gives.

on 2/17/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best drugstore long wear foundation ever! Blend as a dream

on 10/17/2017 5:27:00 AM

This is my - by far - my ride or die drugstore foundation. It stays in place and gives a matte flawless finish. I have combination skin with dry areas and some redness, sometimes a few pimples

I have worn this with and without primer (big no no, but I'm late sometimes) and both works but of course with is better.

I smear it on with my fingers and blend with a Beaty blender and then I set with a sheer transparent powder.

I uploaded a picture above after 9 hours work and it still looks good. Perfect shade and a wide range of shades. I wear golden ivory.

The only downside is the pump which gets a bit messy after a while.

on 9/13/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for years and have found it to be one of my absolute favourite drugstore formulas. The coverage is more medium than full, but it still evens out skin tone and covers blemishes well. It's a super dewy finish, so probably better for those with drier skin and as the product is very liquidy and lightweight, you can really build it up without it looking cakey.

The only problem I find with this is that it does tend to transfer a lot, even after being set with powder, and it sometimes can slide around throughout the day. If it was longer lasting and a little less dewy, this would definitely be 5/5.

on 8/28/2017 2:53:00 PM

I'm reviewing the Uk formula. I have a feeling this formula maybe different from other continents and countries. I also had purchased this years ago, and wasn't a big fan . I much prefer this formula.

I'm very impressed with this foundation. This is my go to foundation, for that no make up, make up look. It's a great everyday foundation. It's formula is easy to blend with either a sponge or a brush, both work well. The reason why I like it is because it's a great everyday foundation, has it never goes cakey or clings to any dries patches or gives me any mid day shine.

I have combination skin, dry in the am and pm I have a oily T zone. So I prefer foundations with a more satin finish. This is defiantly a more satin finish it's not matte but not dewy. The perfect In between look that I look for. The shade range is so impressive for a drugstore product with shades divided into sub categories
Neutral, Warm and Cool. Similar to the ELDW range.

The lasting power of this isn't amazing by any means. But foundation never lasts long on my skin. I also feel this is really similar to the Giogio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, I saw some people on YouTube claim this to be a dupe, I was skeptical at first but I definitely see the similarities.
They both have a similar coverage, not full but you can build it up to a medium finish. Both have a soft pretty light finish on the skin and both blend seamlessly on the skin.

It's not my go to for a glam full look, but this for me is that foundation I go to when I want to look more natural and soft. This is a great foundation for work, school or college etc.

This is also a good foundation to mix with others as it's not full coverage and the formula is not heavy, it's a runny foundation if that makes sense.

My make up top goes on well and it never clings to any dry spots or gives me any transfer.
I love an affordable good foundation !

on 8/22/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a couple of these, 5w and 6.5w thinking they are just a slight difference in colour... they were completely different :( kept the darker one and used a translucent powder to make the foundation slightly lighter to match my skin tone.
It is low to medium coverage, definitely not buildable to high coverage.
Has a nice shimmer to it.
Really light, feels like you're not wearing any make up.
Kind to skin and easy to take off.
Not great for oily skin, tzone goes very shiney, very quickly.

on 6/12/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

- for reference, i'm reviewing the latest formula of this foundation -
1. This foundation is the only foundation from the Malaysian drugstore so far that perfectly matches my skintone. Most are way too light or have beige undertone that makes me look ashy.

2. Medium coverage, just right for everyday use. I use a light layer of this to even out my complexion.

3. It has very fine gold particles in it and being someone with very oily skin, I thought I was going to end up looking like a disco ball. When I apply it, it gives me the most natural finish I've ever seen on myself. It's neither too dewy nor satin, it's somewhere in between. I can only see the gold particles when I take a really close look using a mirror. Always shake the foundation before each use.

4. I'm a sweaty and oily person and this lasts me the whole humid day. I can't say exactly when the oils start to seep through. I've accepted the fact that as a person with very oily skin, I'm just gonna get oily no matter what foundation I us..so I just make sure I always have my blotting paper with me.

5. It does transfer. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't set it enough (I hate powdering my whole face because I've yet to find a powder that does not make me look ashy) but when I sweat and I pat my face with a tissue, there are foundation stains left on the tissue. It's not bad, just a slight stain, but it does transfer so be aware of that.

Will I repurchase? Of course!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I feel a bit sad this foundation doesn't work for me. I have normal-combination skin and I have this in W1 Golden Ivory (I am NC15-20 with light olive undertones). The foundation has a thin liquid consistency and it goes on beautifully with a luminous but non-oily finish. It provides light - but easily buildable - coverage with a damp sponge. Unfortunately this slips and slides around on my face as the day goes by even though I set it with a very mattifying powder.

It also makes me more oilier than normal. However, what I cannot bear is the fact that it separates on my face and I can see the foundation actually break down. It looks so bad up close. I can also see it showing dry patches in my skin when I have never seen them before?! I also did not like how it had microscopic glitters as my cleansing balms cannot remove this in one go.

I can only recommend this to people with dry skin due to the fact it separates and moves around on normal skin. For normal/combination girls like myself, I highly recommend their True Match concealer. It's perfect - not cakey, not greasy, light-medium coverage, doesn't slip or slide or have glitter.