L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (All)

L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (All)
True Match Liquid Foundation (All)True Match Liquid Foundation (All)

3.5

WATER • ISODODECANE • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • GLYCERIN • CYCLOHEXASILOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • BUTYLENE GLYCO • DIMETHICONE • ISOEICOSANE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE • HEXYL LAURATE • C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE • ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE • DIAZOLIDINYL UREA • METHYLPARABEN • PROPYLPARABEN • TOCOPHEROL • PANTHENOL • ALUMINA • METHICONE MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE • IRON OXIDES • MICA • YELLOW 5 LAKE • RED 7

on 10/17/2017 5:27:00 AM

This is my - by far - my ride or die drugstore foundation. It stays in place and gives a matte flawless finish. I have combination skin with dry areas and some redness, sometimes a few pimples

I have worn this with and without primer (big no no, but I'm late sometimes) and both works but of course with is better.

I smear it on with my fingers and blend with a Beaty blender and then I set with a sheer transparent powder.

I uploaded a picture above after 9 hours work and it still looks good. Perfect shade and a wide range of shades. I wear golden ivory.

The only downside is the pump which gets a bit messy after a while.

on 9/13/2017 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for years and have found it to be one of my absolute favourite drugstore formulas. The coverage is more medium than full, but it still evens out skin tone and covers blemishes well. It's a super dewy finish, so probably better for those with drier skin and as the product is very liquidy and lightweight, you can really build it up without it looking cakey.

The only problem I find with this is that it does tend to transfer a lot, even after being set with powder, and it sometimes can slide around throughout the day. If it was longer lasting and a little less dewy, this would definitely be 5/5.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I feel a bit sad this foundation doesn't work for me. I have normal-combination skin and I have this in W1 Golden Ivory (I am NC15-20 with light olive undertones). The foundation has a thin liquid consistency and it goes on beautifully with a luminous but non-oily finish. It provides light - but easily buildable - coverage with a damp sponge. Unfortunately this slips and slides around on my face as the day goes by even though I set it with a very mattifying powder.

It also makes me more oilier than normal. However, what I cannot bear is the fact that it separates on my face and I can see the foundation actually break down. It looks so bad up close. I can also see it showing dry patches in my skin when I have never seen them before?! I also did not like how it had microscopic glitters as my cleansing balms cannot remove this in one go.

I can only recommend this to people with dry skin due to the fact it separates and moves around on normal skin. For normal/combination girls like myself, I highly recommend their True Match concealer. It's perfect - not cakey, not greasy, light-medium coverage, doesn't slip or slide or have glitter.

on 6/12/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

- for reference, i'm reviewing the latest formula of this foundation -
1. This foundation is the only foundation from the Malaysian drugstore so far that perfectly matches my skintone. Most are way too light or have beige undertone that makes me look ashy.

2. Medium coverage, just right for everyday use. I use a light layer of this to even out my complexion.

3. It has very fine gold particles in it and being someone with very oily skin, I thought I was going to end up looking like a disco ball. When I apply it, it gives me the most natural finish I've ever seen on myself. It's neither too dewy nor satin, it's somewhere in between. I can only see the gold particles when I take a really close look using a mirror. Always shake the foundation before each use.

4. I'm a sweaty and oily person and this lasts me the whole humid day. I can't say exactly when the oils start to seep through. I've accepted the fact that as a person with very oily skin, I'm just gonna get oily no matter what foundation I us..so I just make sure I always have my blotting paper with me.

5. It does transfer. I'm not sure if it's because I didn't set it enough (I hate powdering my whole face because I've yet to find a powder that does not make me look ashy) but when I sweat and I pat my face with a tissue, there are foundation stains left on the tissue. It's not bad, just a slight stain, but it does transfer so be aware of that.

Will I repurchase? Of course!

on 8/28/2017 2:53:00 PM

I'm reviewing the Uk formula. I have a feeling this formula maybe different from other continents and countries. I also had purchased this years ago, and wasn't a big fan . I much prefer this formula.

I'm very impressed with this foundation. This is my go to foundation, for that no make up, make up look. It's a great everyday foundation. It's formula is easy to blend with either a sponge or a brush, both work well. The reason why I like it is because it's a great everyday foundation, has it never goes cakey or clings to any dries patches or gives me any mid day shine.

I have combination skin, dry in the am and pm I have a oily T zone. So I prefer foundations with a more satin finish. This is defiantly a more satin finish it's not matte but not dewy. The perfect In between look that I look for. The shade range is so impressive for a drugstore product with shades divided into sub categories
Neutral, Warm and Cool. Similar to the ELDW range.

The lasting power of this isn't amazing by any means. But foundation never lasts long on my skin. I also feel this is really similar to the Giogio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, I saw some people on YouTube claim this to be a dupe, I was skeptical at first but I definitely see the similarities.
They both have a similar coverage, not full but you can build it up to a medium finish. Both have a soft pretty light finish on the skin and both blend seamlessly on the skin.

It's not my go to for a glam full look, but this for me is that foundation I go to when I want to look more natural and soft. This is a great foundation for work, school or college etc.

This is also a good foundation to mix with others as it's not full coverage and the formula is not heavy, it's a runny foundation if that makes sense.

My make up top goes on well and it never clings to any dry spots or gives me any transfer.
I love an affordable good foundation !

on 4/14/2017 3:45:00 PM

Overall this foundation isn't bad, but it's not the greatest ever. In fact, I quite like it for everyday wear when I'm not really looking for very high coverage. It's very liquidy and gets a bit streaky/patchy if you apply it with a brush or with your fingers, but my Real Techniques sponge works very nicely with it. This foundation will do nothing for your pores on its own, so if you have large pores you will need a good primer. I doubt this will work well for oily skin as it is fairly oily, but for dry skin this is really nice and doesn't give your skin a crusty look at the end of the day. The shade range is fantastic and it doesn't aggravate acne in my experience. It has low-medium coverage, but it's buildable. Using primer and powder makes it last, on its own it doesn't last super long, but that's to be expected as it's not marketed as a longwear foundation. The pump gives me enough product to do half of my face. This would definitely be best for someone who is new to makeup (mostly because you can definitely find a match, and it has a wide range for different undertones) those who don't have much to cover and are just looking for some evening out, and for those with dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not my HG yet but I love it. Got this at super cheap price from Watsons Malaysia. I think I'll get another one for a back up just in case the price is increasing soon. Haha.. For reference, I have oily sensitive acne prone skin. It's been 6-7 hours already and foundation sets beautifully on my skin without accentuate my pores or dry patches. I wore it on top of my moisturiser and sunscreen (without any primer). Surprisingly it becomes even more beautiful after few hours. I only blot my face after 3 hours and its still good after 2-3 hours and sweating - however, it's transfer but just a tiny amount of product on the blotting paper, unlike my other foundations (high end and drugstore), I have to blot every 2 hours and they transfer heavily. I think I love this foundation.

Update: Although the texture is quite runny, the coverage is actually medium and build-able. However, I find it quite unnatural, cakey and looking heavy on the skin if I layer the application - kinda 'masking' my face a little. I think I prefer 1 layer application and conceal all the imperfections (if any). I've been wearing this for 3 days straight, more than 10 hours each day (due to busy schedule) and I find the foundation stays beautifully. I'm in shade Golden Beige and it's matches my skin tone perfectly. On me, this foundation didn't oxidize.. EXCELLENT!

This is a horrible foundation. It's very sheer, no coverage, and it's super greasy. Its so oily it slid all over my face. It gives a unfortunate looking finish. I can't stand non matte fountains because of this reason, not sure why they have to make them so oily, girls do not like looking greasy. The colors aren't that great, it was either too yellow or pink, which is strange because of the wide range of colors.

on 2/2/2017 8:12:00 PM

Formula-wise, this is a good foundation. Especially considering how inexpensive it is.
It looks fairly skin-like and has good coverage. It is not especially long wearing on me, and is by no means transfer proof, even when set with a powder. It is very light feeling when applied though, and very easy to blend.
The shade range is good, but the 'neutrals' still run fairly pink.
Overall would recommend, and I find it especially useful for mixing in with other foundations which aren't a good shade match.

I've had this product for a week and I thoroughly enjoy it, I only wear this and my estee lauder concelor and clinique translucent powder. i want to look like i dont have makeup on and this product does excatley what i want. I have acne prone skin I've been on treatment in the past, but I break out easily however this foundation hasn't affected my skin, as it washes off nicely with my mac fash wash . I've got the newest formula, it matches my skin perfectly (Rose Vanilla). The newest packing is great nice glass bottle with a pump, however the plastic cap gives a cheap feel.