no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This is brilliant. Works really well, I can hardly feel it and it gets all the hair by the roots. I'd definitely recommend it if you want a longer lasting, cheaper alternative to shaving and waxing.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I purchased my second Emjoi epilator, the Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator - 36 Gold Plated Hypoallergenic Tweezers (Rechargeable), because my first Emjoi started to die on me, which I had for over five years. This Soft Caress epilator works just as a great as my first one, which was the same model but different look. The curved sides of the body gives you a better grip on the device, which is an improvement from original model. The motor has two different settings and it works well to pull hair from the roots. The device itself starts to feel a little warm after about ten minutes, but I find that this helps with the hair pulling. This works well to pick up even early growths, and I don't need to keep going over the same area more than once, but I do get the occasional stubborn hair that I'll either just use a tweezer on or go over the area with the epilator a couple times more. My only regret with buy this model is the rechargeable feature. The charge lasts a long time, but I don't use it that often, about twice a week for 15 minutes each time. One full battery charge will last me up to six uses over the course of a month, but when you get close to the last fifth or sixth use, or 3 weeks later from the original charge, the device is noticeably slower. This mean that you need to plan ahead to charge it up to make sure its running optimally when you do use it. When I've had to plug it in because it runs out of charge, the motor run faster than if it were fully charged and unplugged--I'm concerned that this is overworking the device. But I make do with this little issue by just planning ahead. After using this, my skin is really smooth and the grow back is a little lighter. This is VERY painful if you are not used to waxing regularly, but I've been using an epilator for over a decade, and I use it twice a week so I don't experience the same pain as when you get a wax for the first time. I recommend an epilator if you like maintaining your own bikini line or anything else more often and for less. You just have to be consistent with using it, otherwise it'll hurt every single time.

About reviewer (210 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

6 years ago

This tool is a hair remover that works as multiple electric tweezers. It works very well though I understand this is its 3rd or 4th incarnation and they got it right. It removes hair just like waxing so the sensation is the same. Directions recommend you bath to soften hair and exfoliate and I did neither and it work well ALL OVER THE PLACE. No more waxing appointments and no more cost. It is a luxury to have something this convenient. Also, you do not need as long a period of grow-in as waxing so you can stay on top of things. I got it as a TSV from QVC.

About reviewer (478 reviews)

Age44-55