It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette

3.9

on 3/24/2016 2:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am writing about the original Vol. 1 palette. I LOVE this palette! I have completely used up Soulful and Love and I am coming close to hitting pan on All Heart, Java, and Sheer Joy. Sunset is also a favorite color. Everyone writes about how the shadows aren't pigmented and don't blend well, but I think they really do. I use a primer and set it with the Love color first and they blend beautifully. They can skip if I don't set my primer, but that happens to me with all shadows, not just these. I do understand the lack of pigmentation in the darkest shades, but I generally don't use those. I mainly use the first 5 shades in both rows and they are all winners! If I could buy Soulful in a large pan (like the MUFE pans!) by itself, I would use it every day! It is my favorite crease shade ever! Right now, I am waiting until more pans are used up (or for a sale!) before I repurchase.

on 3/24/2016 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I really am disappointed in this palette and wished I had returned it. It is a palette with a velour like coating which despite my efforts is so dirty looking and unappealing.
The shadows are so light and hard to build up.
this was a total waste of money for me, would not repurchase.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/13/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

pros:
- really great, interesting selection of colours which is unusual for a matte palette
- very versatile
- shadows blend really well and aren't too intense

cons:
- pigmentation is not the best, although the shadows have a nice texture - not chalky
- the packaging is really ugly - the fabric feels gross to touch and it gets dirty really easily

repurchase? yes. just because of how unique the shades are for a matte palette, it fills a niche in my collection.

on 7/30/2015 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the Celebration Palette. This was my first purchase from It Cosmetics and unfortunately I am so disappointed. Yes, the shadows feel creamy in the palette, but as others have said, the colour payoff is non-existent. However the 4 darkest shades are OK, but still not great. The neutral shades are so similar that there is hardly any variation. The ombre shade only serves to make the colours even more muted; its only real use is as an inner corner highlight. It's a usable palette with lots of hard work but IMHO it's not worth the money - there are many better neutral palettes out there. Maybe my expectations were too high but for the price it's not good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Out of all my eyeshadow palettes, I reach for this one the least. Which is a shame because it's my only all-matte palette, but the quality of the shadows is so poor. I find them to be very dry and difficult to blend. And the pigmentation can be quite sheer unless you really pack them on. Love the shades and the ability to turn them shimmery, but the quality is frustrating.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sadly, something in these eye shadows makes my eyes itch. On a side note, I was surprised that the colors were not more bright. They were so pretty and had so much potential. 😭 RETURNING...

on 7/9/2015 9:36:00 PM

I have had my eye on this palette for quite some time especially because of so many rave reviews. When ulta.com had it for 50% off a few weeks ago ($21 USD) I had to grab it.

I was a bit disappointed in this palette. When first opening it, I loved how the colors looked in the pan and how they felt buttery and soft. However, when applied to my lids, the color comes off rather sheer and extremely muted (even the darkest shades, which also applied more patchy than the rest). I experimented with all sorts of shade combos but no matter what I tried, the overall look always turned out rather bleh and many of the shades appeared very similar to each other against my skin.

The sheerness of the formula did make many of the shades pretty as transition and crease colors (they also apply well in the crease) and I was almost tempted to keep the palette strictly for those middle-toned shades that would work well in the crease, and also because I got it at such a good price. But the thought of having to reach for other shadows to complete a look annoyed me so I returned the entire thing to put the $$ toward a palette that I was more excited about.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have a ton of matte eyeshadows but I just can't resist! So, I generally only let myself buy these palettes when I can get them on super sale. I got the Celebration palette on sale earlier this year & decided I would get Vol. 1 if I ever got the chance. Well, I did when it went on sale for half off at Ulta, plus I had a $10 off coupon, so I got it for $11. Such a sweet deal!

I love the It Cosmetics matte shadows and enjoy this palette because it has some very unique shades, like Sunset, but I HATE the packaging. Hate it. It might be part of why it took me so long to purchase it & why I bought the Celebration one first. The packaging on this is just so ugly and bulky. I just got it yesterday & I feel like it already looks dirty - and it doesn't fit in my palette holder very well. The bulk also makes it so the palette doesn't close properly. SO MUCH HATE.

TL;DR - I love the shadows, hate the packaging.

on 7/1/2015 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently bought this Naturally Pretty Palette after eyeing it for about a year. It comes in a velour type material packaging. Only issue I have with this is that it can and will get dirty pretty quickly. I very much prefer their Celebration palette packaging that comes with a durable awesome cover. This palette is also talc free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, fragrance-free and cruelty-free. Being talc free allows for many makeup users out there allergic to this ingredient to indulge in this palette with delight. Moreover the lack of fragrance is great because skincare and makeup should never have fragrance which is very irritating for the skin.

This palette has 15 shadows. What I love about this palette is how soft, buttery and blendable the shadows are. They are completely matte with the exception of the transforming shadow. However they are not chalky and do not have much if any fallout. The shade range is very cool tone and the colors work well when blending with each other. This also came with a double ended luxe brush which is dense and allows for the pick up and placement of shadow, plus for blending. The other side of the brush also allows you to apply some of the shadows as eyeliner.

Since this palette offers a beautiful range of pinks, purples and browns; they all merge together to offer a great shadow combination. Since they blend pretty well together, its almost hard to mess up a look. Also, the color payoff on these shadows are amazing. Since they are not chalky, their pigmentation is very rich and vibrant. If you decide to use these shadows with a wet brush, the hues are even brighter. I would totally recommend this palette if you are interested in trying out an It Cosmetics product but not sure where to start.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got this at a half off sale at Ulta. The colors are well pigmented, smooth to apply and blend well. I really like this palette but I wouldn't pay full price for it. The shimmer strip is wasted on me, bc I prefer matte colors so I can't speak to that.