Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder

Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Mattifying Powder

3.6

Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethyl Macadamiate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Xanthan Gum, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide

Scored this discontinued product at Dollar Tree. I didin't realize that it has shimmer and glitter, and probably wouldn't have purchased it if I'd realized that in the store. Although I can see sparkles in the pan, they don't really show up on my skin with a buffing application (and I do not care for my powders to have sparkle). I love it most for using undereye to prevent creasing and over my eyeshadow primer to create a silky surface perfect for blending eyeshadow. I did my best cut crease eyeshadow look ever (my husband even commented which has NEVER happened before) and I attribute it to the well prepped lid area after using this powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybe this is user error, I don't know.

But when I'm using a mattifying powder I don't want the product to have ... bits of glitter.

I guess I'm completely misunderstanding the point of this powder. I don't know. Maybe someone else knows? Do you know?

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/15/2016 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I'm not looking for any extra coverage but need some mattifying properties to set my foundation, this is what I reach for.

I didn't love the Make Up Forever HD setting silica powder everyone raves about, nor the the ELF knock off. I didn't like the Tarte version, either. Hard Candy's Welcome Matte powder also was a miss as it didn't keep me matte for long. And don't even get me started on the whitecast most left me with.

Wet N Wild's Take on the Day Mattifying Powder however, is good. It's not my holy grail as I definitely DO need the extra coverage that a tinted powder offers. And you WILL get a whitecast if you over-apply this. However, the whitecast is very minimal in comparison to the others on the market.

I've gone through/repurchased several of these. I like that it gives a slight polish to my make up. I AM NOT A SHIMMER FAN as it requires excellent skin to use all over. However, this does have a TINY bit of shimmer in this. I think WnW added that to avoid a flat look. Being completely honest, it's yet to bother me. I never notice it when applied to my skin. I wouldn't have ever even known it has shimmer if I didn't inspect the product under sunlight in the compact.

This is pretty damn good and gets my seal of approval.

Sometimes these cheap brands surprise me. I bought this out of curiosity and glad I did. I like to use it after foundation, before powder. It seems to smooth my face out and helps powders stay on and look better. Takes shine away. No negative really, except stupid packaging. If buy it again but it'll probably last the rest of my life anyway.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did check off "will buy again," but I've heard Fergie is being dropped but I hope wnw will remake this under their label. It was 1 of the better DS powders (also <3 Rimmel Stay Matte & Physicians Formula for DS), normally I use MAC either Blot Powder or MAC Prep + Prime, I've cut my powder usage down considerably since I learned the trick of only powdering my chin & nose & using a high light powder for under eyes, most of the time I was using too much powder but this used up really fast. Like 2-weeks-fast! Spending $10 on a DS powder a month isn't my thing. I can make a MAC powder last a couple of months & if it's $25 I'm getting better quality for ~similar price. No whitish cast, minimal sparkles I didn't really think was a big deal thou.

on 1/21/2016 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I was afraid it would show up white on my NC42 skin but it doesn't. It just removes shine. I checked my makeup 3 hours later and I was getting shiny again and had to put more on. There is no fragrance... and no mirror, either. Not the greatest powder but I'd repurchase it.

on 10/31/2015 5:22:00 PM

Where do I start? I can't tell you how bad this product is. I had this product for 3 days when without any kind of abrupt movement, the powder just crumbled into pieces. I had hardly used it. It has no mirror, making it inconvenient to use. And the small puff that comes with it is simply useless, it doesn't grab the product, doesn't distribute it at all. Overall fail. I do not recommend and will not repurchase. I would rather go for the NYX blotting powder, much better quality overall.

So pleased with this purchase. This is my first-ever setting powder, I have never used one before at all. I knew I wanted a pressed powder version, and I wanted to try an "affordable" brand to make sure I used and liked mattifying powder at all. This is just terrific. I may look for a similar product with cleaner or more high quality ingredients when this runs out, but I really just love that this is pressed, affordable, and easy to find. Works really well too, doesn't leave a white sheen or leave the face cakey at all. Sets concealer and brings down any shine on the face. I definitely use it with my own brush and not the sponge!

on 7/29/2015 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My only complaint about this powder is I wish it had a mirror. There is certainly room for one.

Otherwise, I love this stuff!

on 7/14/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this product.! it is life. I skin used to be super oily. However since I moved to the drier climates my skin does not get as oily as it used too. Even with that being said by 3 o'clock my skin does get oily in my T zones. This product is great. I take it with me everywhere and when I need a touch up, it is ready and willing to help a sista out!! I love it. I literally see it absorbing my oils. Ever since I started filling in my eyebrows they tend to get a little oily and i use this podwer on my eyeborws as well to mattify them.