Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 7/31/2016 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you wanted only ONE eyeshadow palette in your makeup stash, GET THIS ONE. This palette is all you need to create so many different looks!! 🙌🏼

on 3/25/2016 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

yes you need this palette. it's beautiful and smells amazing! great pigmentation and blends like a dream

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought it as a little gift to myself and I am so pleased with it. The eye shadows are extremely pigmented and the colours are so wearable. It smells incredible because of the chocolate and the packaging is great, it is a bit bulky but it is my go to makeup palette. When I go on holiday I take it because I can use it for the day and the night and I think everyone should think about getting this palette!

on 8/22/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For a very long time i was not attracted to this product. The colors just did not grab my attention and i thought if i have the naked palettes then this wasn't really necessary.
Finally because of all the positive reviews it gets i decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad i did! I hate to say this but the quality is better than the naked palettes and because of this i really wanna get my hands on the semi sweet!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I do like the Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette by Too Faced but it's a cliché in my opinion! It's cute & I like how it smells of sweet chocolate, but that just isn't worth spending $49. If you take all that away, it's a chocolate-looking container & a good smell. I don't think nearly as many people would be as ready & willing to buy a popular, neutral palette. I don't mean to insinuate this isn't a good makeup company! I just don't think that smelling good & being made of natural cocoa powder make shadows is $50 good.

I have the "old" packaging - it's bulky & clunky; the "new" packaging is sleeker & slimmer. I don't have complaints, truthfully, & it doesn't make a difference to me since this sits on a dresser. I don't carry it around with me & the size really doesn't make a difference to me. There are 16 matte & shimmery shades. 2 are actually highlighter shades & bigger than the normal eyeshadows. The palette contains wearable, neutral browns & pinks. There are a few nice, darker shades for nighttime looks, too. They're all gorgeous, & even the shades I didn't think I could or would ever wear, I do! I personally like that any two or more shades work well together & can make a really pretty day or night look.

In regards to pigmentation & color payoff, some are good & some are bad. They're mostly good though so it is not like you're taking a major "what if" risk with the shades. Conversely, I have medium brown oily skin, & very oily lids. I'm not at all surprised that even Shadow Insurance Primer (their anti-crease eye shadow primer) didn't make some of the shades I had to layer to get true color look better or last longer. I experienced creasing & found shades that I had to layer/build up to get the look I want.

What I don't like are about this are that not all the shadows are textured the same. Some are smooth & pigmented; others are chalky & sheer, so I have to build them up to get color. I just don't know why they aren't all consistent in texture, but it's not so bad that they're unusable. Another con has to do with differing textures: I do get fallout from the shimmery shades than I do the matte ones. I understand why it is, but as someone who wears contact lenses, dealing with eyeshadow fallout means I'm risking an eye infection. My fellow makeup-loving contact lens wearers: tap off the excess & tap again!

As much as I do like this palette, I won't continue buying something just because it is extremely popular. The focus of this was just the product being made of real cocoa powder & smelling like cocoa/chocolate, & its smelling good isn't enough for me to drop that much money. I recommend it for the reason that it is a good quality neutral palette & is worth the money if you aren't a broke college student with oily/very oily skin.

on 4/15/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product but I just don't have much luck with it. Everytime I pick up this palette I'm so optimistic about the looks I could create but I'm always dissappointed by how it applies. I use my UD Primer potion underneath but I find the colour crease and transfer within minutes of application. And some of the shades just blend away too easily. If the shades where longer wearing and didn't fade so quickly - I would love this palette. I do love the smell and the shade selection is gorgeous but *sigh* not for me.

on 9/10/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Ok, so l wanted a neutral palette so l was going to buy Urban Decay Naked 1 and 3 until l found this! Its sort of a combination of both with pinks and golds.
So beautiful the shades are yummy and the eyeshadow stays all day with the Shadow Insurance. Will buy this again over and over till the discontinue it or something!

Oh yeah it smells like chocolate! Bonus!

on 8/10/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love this palette so much. It was my first purchase from TF and Im glad I bought it. I went back and forth for months before I finally decided to just go ahead and by it. I purchased mine from HSN super cheap. ITS AMAZING. you can use it for day/night looks. The chocolate smell is a plus too.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I was sold once I learned the palette smelled like chocolate and looks like a chocolate bar. I love the shades which are highly pigmented and blend really well. I love that most shades are bold so I don't have to layer it on so much. I'm pleased with my purchase and looking forward to trying more products from this brand.