Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.8

on 4/26/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This was the first high-end palette that I ever purchased. I was just getting into makeup and I remember I went to Sephora with a couple friends and we were basically drooling over the chocolate scent.

I use this palette almost every day. I love the shimmery shades and my favorite colors are cherry cordial, salted caramel, and triple fudge dark brown. I don't have particularly oily eyelids so it works fine without a primer, but I mean, I use a super cheap primer and it makes these colors look gorgeous and like I've just applied them even if I've been wearing them all day.

I stay away from the shades strawberry bon bon and white chocolate because I feel that they are a little bit chalky and just don't hold onto the brush long enough to get them to my face without having to stab the pan multiple times.

Many days I like to do a simple two color cut-crease and I find the rest of the shades to be very blendable. The lightest shimmery shade, champagne truffle is my favorite to apply as a "tear drop" or "tear dust", whatever that thing is called, because it really opens my eyes and has a soft pink color. When applying eyeliner afterwards the pen doesn't get stuck on the lid/shadow because the shadows are very smooth.

It's been about 7 months since I purchased this and I've only put a small dent in the colors that I use the most. Personally, with the exception of the two I stay away from, all of these colors are great and when I am looking to buy a palette I always compare to this and see if I have something similar already because I think there is a great mix of colors: shimmer, matte, brown, a little gold, a purple, and even an orange-y red.

Buy again? If I didn't, it would have nothing to do with the product, it would only be because I would opt for the semi-sweet since I haven't tried that one yet. But there's no way I could lose this!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This eyeshadow palette is very pigmented, check out my eyeshadow tutorial using this palette👇

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I really like this palette. It's the first palette I actually used. I love the colors. They blend very well, and look phenomenal. The best thing about this palette is the fact the colors are pigmented for dark skin, and minimal fallout! The chocolate smell doesn't hurt either.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm a nc45 and this palette looks great against my skintone. Paired with my UD eye primer I face no issues with fallout during the day nor fading. Since snagging this I've been trying out different combos thus making my other palettes quite jealous. The colors offer the right amount of pigmentation to make application/blending super easy for the newbie and experienced alike. My only complaint....I wish I would've discovered this palette sooner rather than later.

on 10/2/2014 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've never bought a palette before. I always thought that I would only use 2-3 shadows and the rest would just collect dust thus being a waste of money. This Chocolate Bar palette is the exact opposite! I can pretty much use every single shadow in this thing with endless combos. Well maybe not that purple one (we'll see). :p

The chocolate smell isn't as overpowering as I thought it would be and so it makes my eyelids smell wonderful, very nice touch Too Faced! Surprisingly, this palette is well worth the $50 price tag, but you can go on HSN and get this $20 off. In any case, if you love neutrals, chocolates and bronzes, this pallete is for you.

I am officially a palette convert!

on 7/28/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I reviewed this product on my YouTube channel!!! Check it out here:

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

So glad I finally got this. The smell? True to life and wonderful. The textures? Smooth. The color payoff? Beautiful. The antioxidants? Bonus! I love everything about this palette and just love using it. I hope Too Faced continues this chocolate themed and enriched line. Very adorable and lush at the same time.

on 5/16/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I don't write this lightly but this is my favorite eye shadow palette. Too Faced has managed to combine a perfect blend of matte and satin shades with a couple of shimmery ones to round it out. I find that I do have to use an primer underneath Too Faced shadows to get the best color payoff and for longevity.

The mix of warm and cool tones truly make this a palette that can work for anyone. This palette does not have a black, however the Triple Fudge color is so darkly rich that I find that I can get an intense effect using it on my outer V and lash line. Cherry Cordial is a beautiful, rich, warm burgundy with gold shimmer and has fast become my favorite color in the palette. I think I have used Salted Caramel every day since buying the palette!

As usual the shadows blend beautifully and I don't have a problem with fallout using them.

I personally like the packaging. Yes it is longer than most palettes but it is also very sturdy and will not get lost in a tote or bag. And the chocolate scent is a very nice perk! ;-)

on 3/23/2014 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product really works it is the best eye shadow