Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this palette because I fell in love with the Sweet Peach palette and I enjoy it a lot but not as much OVERALL as I do the SP. Packaging is cute and great even though it isn't practical but that's already been mentioned a billion times so I'll spare you. So I mentioned I would repurchase it but only for the shades Milk Chocolate, Semi Sweet, Salted Caramel, Triple Fudge and White Chocolate. Basically all the mattes lol. And of course Haute Chocolate and Creme Brulee. Not feeling Hazelnut. It's different somehow. The rest aren't really that special or wowing to me. They are pretty. But they don't CALL to me..ya know? I dug Candied Violet and Strawberry Bon Bon out with a nail file because those shades were MAJORLY throwing me off! I had to get them out so I could see the palette more clearly. Really changes the way you look at it if you remove those 2 shades. I personally like it better this way and it's easier to get inspired from it somehow too. But yeah. I do love this palette and literally use it everyday and use Milk Chocolate and Semi Sweet with every look just about. But I do wish that TF would put out a palette with a ton of the matte shades from the chocolate bar/sweet peach lines all in one. It's not even that mattes are my favorite type of eyeshadows. It's just that TF has a bomb matte formula. At least from what I can see of the CB and SP. I say it is definitely worth buying. Price is high but mines lasted me over a year now and I still haven't hit pan on any shades! I do only use 3 shadows generally for each look though so that could be why. But yeah I'd say buy it for sure.

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love the smell! The cocoa scent is so delectable and always makes me crave some hot chocolate after. As for the shadows, they are decent but not amazing. Many of the colors can be patchy and have less than desirable pigment. Other than that, there are some great colors in this palette that are great for an everyday / nighttime look and the packaging alone makes it a great palette to have in your collection!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette for both natural looks, and dramatic looks. The colors are mainly warm to me, and I only need to lightly tap my brush a couple times to get enough product for my regular day to day eyeshadow look. (Which is in the middle of dramatic and natural). My skin is about an NC40 for reference and I apply a little concealer on my eyes beforehand.
Its the type of eyeshadow palrtte where no matter what look I do, I get compliments on my eyeshadow, and once when I did one of my favourite looks, a little girl at a wedding reception really liked them too! I thought that was awesome :)

The fallout in this is minimal for most shades, the color selection is nice for most skin tones and undertones from what ive seen, and I use the gold and the giant shimmer highlight pan as highlighter and its really intense.

The smell is awesome, it makes you hungry lol but it did fade for me after a while, but it took a while though.

Also, I feel like there's so many color combination options with this palette, if I had to do makeup on my best friend who has fair skin with cool undertones, I could easily pick out a few combinations for her eyes to either look girly and pretty, or smokey or even grungy, or I could do the same for my skin tone which is darker and warmer.

Oh, the only downside to this palette is that dang blue shade. Like what the heck. I can't figure out how to use it, but I'm going to try to layer a colored primer underneath and see what happens.

Also, the staying power is amazing. Looks just the same hours and hours later.

Also...You need to be careful with the shimmer as I tend to apply too much (3 coats?) And later on realize it looks too much and have to start wiping it off, and I haven't noticed that 'strength' of shimmer in other palettes, so just a heads up.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love love love this palette. It's great for beginners and makeup gurus! It's such a versatile palette with nice cool and warm colours. There are 6 mattes and 10 shimmers and they're all pigmented. I love how it's cocoa infused and has a slight sweet chocolate smell!
The only thing I would suggest being careful of is the shimmers. They tend to fall out a bit in the actual palette and on the eyes. I suggest you pat your shadows down a little bit. As for when you're working in the pan, be gentle and careful. I can't complain about the mattes. They're smooth, creamy and easy to work with.
As for the packaging, it's so cute! I love how it's literally like a chocolate bar. I love how the inside has a mirror and the lid gently closes because of the magnet.
Overall, this is my all time favourite eyeshadow palette.

on 10/16/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

TOO MUCH AMAZING IN ONE CONTAINER, LADIES (AND MEN IF YOU HANG OUT HERE!). I love the range in this palette and the smell is to die for. Pigmentation, blendability and selection is to die for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. The colors stay on all day and they are so pigmented. The only problem I have with it is that when I sweat, it tends to make my eyes itch. I am not entirely sure why this happens, I guess it is my skin type because my sister used it and went to a concert and did not have a problem with it. But other than that, I have loved it

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Every single shadow here is a winner, though obviously some more than others. the shadows are smooth/buttery, all easily blendable, highly pigmented, & wearable. I find myself gravitating to this palatte more than others when I go to do my makeup. There's so many looks possible in this one palette! i just love the rich chocolate tones- lovely on my olive-tan skin! (plus it smells amazing too) Too faced did a great job with this one!

on 5/20/2015 7:21:00 AM

OBSESSED, the smells is amazing. I use it everyday, the pigmentation in most colours are amazing, and the variety of colours are so great! Love love this product

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so we've allllll heaard about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was one of the slow people to get this product but boy was it worth the wait! This palette is so amazing!! It is so pigmented, the colours are incredible! It even smells like chocolate. Enough said! haha. This is a palette you must have in your collection girls! I bought mine from Mecca Maxima for $65 but I know you can get it off the Too Faced website for around $45, which is even better! I had a gift card which is why I paid so much. There are 16 amazing colours to choose from all named after a chocolate or some sort of sweet. My favourites would have to be White Chocolate, Marzipan, Amaretto and Black Forest Truffle. This palette can be an everyday use or even for just special occasions. You can create so many looks with this palette and if you don't now where to start it comes with a little booklet to get you started with some beautiful looks.

Popular Palettes