Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.8

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love the smell! The cocoa scent is so delectable and always makes me crave some hot chocolate after. As for the shadows, they are decent but not amazing. Many of the colors can be patchy and have less than desirable pigment. Other than that, there are some great colors in this palette that are great for an everyday / nighttime look and the packaging alone makes it a great palette to have in your collection!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love love love this palette. It's great for beginners and makeup gurus! It's such a versatile palette with nice cool and warm colours. There are 6 mattes and 10 shimmers and they're all pigmented. I love how it's cocoa infused and has a slight sweet chocolate smell!
The only thing I would suggest being careful of is the shimmers. They tend to fall out a bit in the actual palette and on the eyes. I suggest you pat your shadows down a little bit. As for when you're working in the pan, be gentle and careful. I can't complain about the mattes. They're smooth, creamy and easy to work with.
As for the packaging, it's so cute! I love how it's literally like a chocolate bar. I love how the inside has a mirror and the lid gently closes because of the magnet.
Overall, this is my all time favourite eyeshadow palette.

on 10/16/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

TOO MUCH AMAZING IN ONE CONTAINER, LADIES (AND MEN IF YOU HANG OUT HERE!). I love the range in this palette and the smell is to die for. Pigmentation, blendability and selection is to die for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. The colors stay on all day and they are so pigmented. The only problem I have with it is that when I sweat, it tends to make my eyes itch. I am not entirely sure why this happens, I guess it is my skin type because my sister used it and went to a concert and did not have a problem with it. But other than that, I have loved it

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Every single shadow here is a winner, though obviously some more than others. the shadows are smooth/buttery, all easily blendable, highly pigmented, & wearable. I find myself gravitating to this palatte more than others when I go to do my makeup. There's so many looks possible in this one palette! i just love the rich chocolate tones- lovely on my olive-tan skin! (plus it smells amazing too) Too faced did a great job with this one!

on 5/20/2015 7:21:00 AM

OBSESSED, the smells is amazing. I use it everyday, the pigmentation in most colours are amazing, and the variety of colours are so great! Love love this product

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so we've allllll heaard about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was one of the slow people to get this product but boy was it worth the wait! This palette is so amazing!! It is so pigmented, the colours are incredible! It even smells like chocolate. Enough said! haha. This is a palette you must have in your collection girls! I bought mine from Mecca Maxima for $65 but I know you can get it off the Too Faced website for around $45, which is even better! I had a gift card which is why I paid so much. There are 16 amazing colours to choose from all named after a chocolate or some sort of sweet. My favourites would have to be White Chocolate, Marzipan, Amaretto and Black Forest Truffle. This palette can be an everyday use or even for just special occasions. You can create so many looks with this palette and if you don't now where to start it comes with a little booklet to get you started with some beautiful looks.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first review ever so I hope I can cover all the bases. I purchased this when HSN was having their deal where you could get this palette, a full sized TF lipstick in Nude Beach, a deluxe sample of the TF Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer, and a full sized TF Better Than Sex Mascara for $49USD with free shipping. I live in Canada and a package like that is absolutely unheard of here (where the palette alone is the price of the entire bundle) and they don't ship here but I wasn't going to let that stop me from taking advantage of this deal, so I had it mailed to a friend in the states who mailed it to me!

*Price: Worth it, and I'm such a stingy, cheap shopper. I'm one of those people who will work their way through every sort of drugstore dupe for a product before I finally accept that I've wasted enough money, cave in, and get the proper, high end version of it.
*Packaging: Beautiful. The case is sturdy and I can see myself travelling with this. Another thing to note - I don't know how new this repackaging is, but the names of the shadows are written right below the actual pans in the package, not on the plastic slip that was covering them.
*Product: Heaven. Chocolate-y heaven. No fallout on the matte shades, very little on the sparkly/shimmery shades, highly pigmented and smooth formulation, the colours are stunning on my light-medium yellow-y olive skin. Once I hit pan on "Salted Caramel" I might actually die because it's the perfect transition shade I've been searching for.
*Positives: The highlight shades being the biggest pans was a really smart move. I know I'll get a lot of use out of them so it's nice to know I won't run out as fast. There's a good mix of finishes and the browns are warm and perfect.
*Negatives: I would've liked to see a black shadow in there. I know there's one in the Semi Sweet palette but the pigmentation is so lacking on that that I wouldn't waste my money (which is a shame because that Peanut Butter shadow is so hard to say no to!)

Overall, if I could have only one palette for the rest of my life, it would be this one, and that's coming from someone with all 5 Naked palettes, 4 Lorac palettes, 2 Smashbox palettes, and 2 other Too Faced palettes. The shadows blend like a dream and I can create a huge range of looks with them, it smells good, the packaging looks good, and I love me some chocolate. If you're hesitating to buy this, you're missing out.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me begin with the fact that this palette went way above my expectations, I imagined that it was going to have a small smell and I wasn't sure how to pigmentation was going to be.

Just by first glance when opening the palette for the first time the smell is a-maz-ing and the pigmentation, wow.
To make it even better the colour choices work really well with my tan-olive skin tone (all for except two, one which clashes with it and another which is a pretty similar colour which doesn't show but I use it when toning down shimmery shadows on my lids) and I can't wait to use this palette in the summer, with a darker complexion I think it would look even better. Definitely recommend this palette and if you aren't sure of the colours in this palette try the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette!