Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

on 2/23/2017 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this palette was overhype's but I tried it and I really like it! If you are a fan of purple-brown neutral shadows, this palette is great! The only shade I don't like is pink sugar because I feel that it is too pale for my medium skin tone. The shimmer shades are pigmented and beautiful for neutral or even bolder, smokier looks. It looks like there are a lot of browns but each brown adds a different vibe to the look. The highlighting shades are also beautiful and so creamy; you can even use the shimmer one on the cheekbones! The only shadow I found was lacking pigment was candied violet; it is stiff and doesn't show up well even on the lower lash line but I still think this palette is versatile and really fits within the chocolate bar theme!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette for both natural looks, and dramatic looks. The colors are mainly warm to me, and I only need to lightly tap my brush a couple times to get enough product for my regular day to day eyeshadow look. (Which is in the middle of dramatic and natural). My skin is about an NC40 for reference and I apply a little concealer on my eyes beforehand.
Its the type of eyeshadow palrtte where no matter what look I do, I get compliments on my eyeshadow, and once when I did one of my favourite looks, a little girl at a wedding reception really liked them too! I thought that was awesome :)

The fallout in this is minimal for most shades, the color selection is nice for most skin tones and undertones from what ive seen, and I use the gold and the giant shimmer highlight pan as highlighter and its really intense.

The smell is awesome, it makes you hungry lol but it did fade for me after a while, but it took a while though.

Also, I feel like there's so many color combination options with this palette, if I had to do makeup on my best friend who has fair skin with cool undertones, I could easily pick out a few combinations for her eyes to either look girly and pretty, or smokey or even grungy, or I could do the same for my skin tone which is darker and warmer.

Oh, the only downside to this palette is that dang blue shade. Like what the heck. I can't figure out how to use it, but I'm going to try to layer a colored primer underneath and see what happens.

Also, the staying power is amazing. Looks just the same hours and hours later.

Also...You need to be careful with the shimmer as I tend to apply too much (3 coats?) And later on realize it looks too much and have to start wiping it off, and I haven't noticed that 'strength' of shimmer in other palettes, so just a heads up.

on 8/28/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette introduced me to the highend side of makeup. Endlessly trying to find a good eye-shadow palette at the drugstore/pharmacy proved fruitless, so I thought I should finally take the plunge and buy the Too Faced one. I didn't regret it...but it started me looking into the performance of higher end products, to the dismay of my pockets.

Since then I have owned many palettes but I am definitely pulled to this palette and it's not just because of the chocolate scent.

The colours are easy everyday wear shades which are even easier to apply with minimum fallout.

I used to think applying eye-shadow was an art, but the shades and blend-ability of these are what makes this a dream. The colours last all day with a primer (Elf) and don't look muddy when blended into one another.

The powders have never irritated my skin or eyes and they are smooth to touch. The metallic shades area just as beautiful as the mattes and complement each other.

I really do love this palette and all of the Too Faced line.

on 5/23/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received this palette as a Birthday Gift from my boy friend. Great quality and good pigmentation from this eyeshadow palette. The only eyeshadow brand I wear is from Too Faced!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Holy Grail makeup product ever!!!

I fell in love with this palette after seeing reviews here on makeup alley and swatching it at the store.
I originally bought the NAKED 2 palette and damn, I hated that crap. Although I did love the colors like YDK and verve but honestly placed on the eye they mixed and looked the same. I returned it and for 5$ less and 4 shadows more, I got this amazing thing of a Palette. Thanks Too Faced. I loooove it. It's so easy to apply when you're in a rush. The color pay off is amazing. I can easily just throw it on my finger and dab it on my eyelid. I use the bottom right shadow sometimes as a face highlighter too (the amount in that pan!) and the smell? I love opening it and putting more on my face and having the smell follow me all day. And you can create so many looks with it. A golden look, a smokey eye, a colourful look, and with naked I didn't have that Verasatility. My friends ask me what palettes I would recommend, and hands down, this one. If I was rich I would buy them all this. And trust me, I'm not one to write amazing reviews about a product I'm usually just "meh" about the makeup I buy. I'm not easily impressed.

Like, I wasn't impressed with the Kylie Jenner lip kit.
But anyway, the only reason I give this 4 lippies is Bc some of the shadows have those circles in the pan

on 9/8/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this when the revamped their packaging to a slimmer case.
LOVE this palette. I use this palette almost everyday. When it first came out i was already thinking of purchasing the UD Naked palette. But this came with a variety of different tone of browns which the naked palette did not. You can really create a variety of looks with this palette. I use if for "no makeup" ,"neutral" , "girls night", and "formal" looks. This can pretty much do it all.
It really does smell like chocolate which was a nice touch.
The matte shadows are a dream! Favorite color was the reddish brown color, second row on the left. They have great pigmentation and blend nicely- with primer even better results. Texture is great but some are softer than others.
Shimmer shadows were alright, nothing compared to the matte shadows. They are "hit or miss", you have some colors that really do pack the punch in pigmentation while others are sheer and you have to build the color up. A base does help- especially with the purples. But i do enjoy the big rectangular champagne color on the bottom of the palette. Great highlight for darker complexions.
Downsides to the palette: Expensive. Doesn't have the name of colors on palette, it was on the disposable plastic protector. The top left color is very dark and most pigmented and is placed right next to the white eye shadow... Can you see where i'm going with this?

Overall love this palette and prefer it over my Naked palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Favorite makeup palette I've ever used! I can pretty much only say good things about it.
I'm trying to use more colors because they're all great, but as of now I really only ever use marzipan on my lid, milk chocolate in the crease, and champagne truffle in my inner corner. I try to use others, but I love that combination so much and get so many compliments on it that I can't help it and wear it almost every day! Marzipan alone is possibly my favorite shadow of all time and even if I don't repurchase the palette, I will be on the lookout for a single dupe of this eye shadow. I also love the versatility of champagne truffle. I use it not only in my inner corner but as a cheekbone and nose bridge high light. I recommend this to anyone who loves doing everyday warm toned eye looks!

on 7/6/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! It has nice pigmented eyeshadows! I love the combination of colors that make it versatile to create daytime and nighttime looks. I love the bigger portions of the cream and shimmer as they make great brow bone highlights and shimmer on the cheeks as well. The eyeshadows last through a long night out and I've had the palette for about 5 months now and it still smells like chocolate!! I find the packaging to be super cute. I use this palette practically everyday and was worth my money!

on 2/26/2015 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Just bought this today and rushed home and did an eye look and swatched them all. nothing has disappointed and i am so happy. I'm sitting here at 12:41am and looking at it, just eyeballing it. its so beautiful.

buttery in texture, the shimmers are SHIMMERY and the mattes are pigmented and bendable. thats all i ask for, bendable haha. Two highlighter shades (one matte THANK YOU and one shimmery THANK YOU TWICE) and they're the largest pans in the palette (another THANK YOU deserved).

The smell is divine but not overpowering. i can understand how people may not like it, because putting scented powder on my eyes irked me somewhat. the smell goes away though, you can't smell it on your eyeballzz.

Tin palette that opens up to a 170 degree angle so the mirror is functional. the smell comes out when you open it each time yummm. There is such a good array of colours that you will never run out of looks. theres two crease colours, shimmery browns, shimmery purples and shimmery pinks. by shimmery, i mean the texture and finish of a MAC veluxe pearl, like the texture of Woodwinked or All that Glitters (are these deluxe pearls?? dunno)

The colours don't come with names on them so I'm bit upset. The little protective film over the top is the only thing that indicates names and i always throw those away so I'm struggling to throw it or keep it...why you gotta play us like that Too Faced??

$62AUD from Kit cosmetics in sydney city myer. i didnt need another neutral looking palette but i bought it and i don't regret it because its BOMB.COM.

on 1/29/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I decided to finally see what the hype was about this palette. , it's have beautiful shades and they pigmented I was alittle disappointed that my palette did not have that chocolate smell that everyone talks about, and the price is to high, but if your in the market for new shades this is beautiful