Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

I got this back in the day when this was new and hyped and everyone kept talking about it. It was one of my very first eye pallettes ever so my expectations weren't as high as they are now as I didn't have much comparison. I kept using it, the packaging was cute and it smelled nice. But when buying the eye pallette you expect shadows to be good and there are pretty meh. To tell the truth I haven't had much luck with Too Faced products overall, I think apart from the super lovely packaging they are pretty overpriced and overhyped for what they are. The shadows in the pallette don't blend nicely and don't have a staying power, also the pigmentaion is really not that good and there's much fallout. I am not impressed with this one and I gave it away.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Forever my favorite eye shadow palette!! The formula is amazing and all of the shadows preform nicely. The colors are beautiful and practically glide onto the eyes and there are no blending issues whatsoever. All of the colors work well together and are very pigmented. This product retails for $49 but is worth the buy! I have green eyes and this palette really makes them pop. Hands down the best Too Faced product that you could purchase! Worth the hype!

on 3/11/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this palette. In OG chocolate bars, I am semi sweet, this, and bon bons. This creates great work looks, neutral eyes, and just basic eye looks. It's perfect. The formula is soft and creamy, it doesn't fade, and you just can't go wrong. Definitely one of my top 5 and I have 20+ palettes.

I absolutely LOVE my chocolate bar palette!! The color combos within it work very well with my green eyes and fair skin! The individual colors are extremely blendable and pigmented. The mattes are creamy and feel amazing on your eyes! The shimmer shades are a bit less pigmented but are buildable so you can get your desired shade! The palette is all together fairly cheap due to the fact that Too Faced is a high end brand.

on 1/11/2017 2:18:00 PM

I'm honestly just not that wowed by this. I got this a few months ago when I got my Ulta credit card after wanting all 3 chocolate bar palettes forever. I just got this and the semi sweet, though. I think that i'm not in love with it because it's just another set of neutrals, and I LOVE neutrals. Nothing super impressive in here. I don't think the purples are that pretty/look that good and I don't use purple that often anyways. Gilded ganache is so ugly to me. I don't like gold so i'll almost never use creme brulee. I do really like the highlight shades, milk chocolate is good, too but nothing that I don't already have. Strawberry bonbon is pretty but i'm not sure how to wear it. I need to play with it. Amaretto, cherry cordial and black forest truffle are all really pretty also, but I guess I haven't really been that inspired to create a look with them. Haute chocolate showed up way darker than I had wanted and I want to love Marzipan but it also came out way darker/gold than I expected. The packaging is super cute though and the smell is amazing but I think I could have probably lived without this. I blame all of the hype around it. Maybe if I play around with it some more I'll like it. I made myself use the peach palette for 3 days to see if I liked it and wanted to keep it and also watched a lot of tutorials and ended up liking it and keeping it. I need to do the same for this I suppose. I just wish I loved it so much more than I do.

Update: I've found that mixing milk chocolate and semi-sweet gives me a nice crease color, and I like to go back and press white chocolate on the lid after for an everyday look. I do a similar thing with the semi-sweet palette and like the shade I get better when mixing 2 browns in there but sometimes I'll use this instead so I don't run out of the 2 in semi sweet too fast. Annoyed I only like 3 shades out of the whole palette but glad I at least found a use with it. Added 1 star.

Its really good

on 1/6/2017 10:30:00 PM

I would never purchase this palette again. It's way too boring for me. I personally feel like Too Faced fills a good majority of their palettes with a ton of browns. I never use this and this was my first high end palette.

on 11/27/2016 11:43:00 PM

This is my new favorite eye shadow pallet. Morphe you have most defiantly been replaced!
Great colour selection that lasted hours on me, all colours really stuck to the brush & showed up really pigmented on my eye lids.

My only little grime is that I think is too expensive... I really don't think its worth the (around) $70 AUD price tag as that is insane. In saying that, this is a really awesome pallet & everything about it screams high end - the look, smell and packaging feels heavy & expensive (I guess because it was lol) & it is a really good quality product. I will defiantly repurchase if I can afford that heft price tag at the time :)

on 10/23/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had been lusting after this palette like forever and now I feel slightly let down. Sure, the packaging is terribly cute and the scent is divine. The mix of earthy and purple colors looks right up my alley but in reality isn't as versatile as I hoped.

First of all you do need to use a primer. And no, TFSI isn't enough so I use creamy ones like Paintpots or Color Tatoos to provide a more substantial base.

White Chocolate looks very similar to my favourite highlighter - Blanc Type by MAC. I was very excited to have a big pan of this color but pigmentation is laughable in comparison. Same with Strawberry Bon Bon. Champagne Truffle is pretty but I'd use such light and shimmery color only on the tear duct (not a fan of shimmery browbone highlighters here) Consequently I have to opt for another matte highlighter anyway and that takes some versatility points off.

Gilded Ganache needs a darker cream base or wet application or else it comes off as light shimmery gray instead of earthy golden green. Black Forest Truffle and Candied Violet have the same issue but look stunning applied wet! Especially the pink-blue sparkles in Candied Violet really show this way. That look makes quite a statement though so I don't use them for daytime although they are beautiful.

Amaretto, Cherry Cordial and Triple Fudge are really nice for darkening the outer corner but that's just a nice accent, not what makes a look.

Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet and Salted Caramel have good pigmentation. You can trust on them to find a suitable matte earthy crease color anytime so thumbs up!

Marzipan and Creme Brulee are the two I use on the lids for daytime on my fair skin, Hazelnut and Haute Chocolate can be used the same way but the overall effect will be deeper. That said if you're fair like me and don't opt for smokey looks each day you have basically only two lid colors left - more versatility points off.

Another issue I have is that they mostly need to be packed for the colors to show up true to the pan - here a 239 brush comes very handy - and since quite a few shades are close in terms of hue and depth when blended the result can be too homogenous. Still, all the looks I've created with this palette have turned out beautiful (the golden, purple and reddish undertones really compliment green eyes) but the effect is almost always on the hazy side. If you're a fan of smokey eyes you'll enjoy this palette a lot but if you're after crisp, vivid eyeshadow looks you'll find this palette hard to provide that.

To be fair though they stay put all day, fallout is minimal, shimmer/small glitter is tastefully done and haven't experienced any creasing.

In a nutshell Chocolate Bar is still a nice palette in my book and don't regret purchasing it but some shades are underwhelming and I find that it works better in conjunction with other eyeshadows than as a stand-alone palette for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My current favorite palettes of the moment are this and Chocolate Bon Bons, which has some similar shades but overall they are a different experience, and this Chocolate Bar runs more brown.
The colors in this palette are GORGEOUS, pigmented, smooth, so on and so forth. The mattes and the shimmers are both creamy and long-wearing. Before these palettes, I would occasionally run into a not-so-pigmented shade or two in my Too Faced palettes, but they've really perfected their craft and these palettes are worth every penny, and then some.
There are two browbone shades in larger pans, White Chocolate (pale cream matte shade), and Champagne Truffle, a shimmery pale icy pink. Both are beautiful but I prefer a shimmer on my browbone, so I mostly use Champagne Truffle for that and White Chocolate on the lid as a base color.
Salted Caramel and Milk Chocolate are perfect medium-toned matte transition colors; the former being warm terra cotta colored, the latter a cooler brown. Both blend very well and get a lot of use in my day-to-day makeup looks. There is also a darker matte shade, Semi-Sweet, great for corners when rounding out a matte eye look.
A nice strawberry-milk colored pink (Strawberry Bon Bon), two shimmery pale and medium golds (Marzipan and Creme Brûlée), some warmer red toned (Amaretto and Cherry Cordial- the latter being my favorite dark shade), and some other dark shimmers (Hazelnut, Black Truffle, Haute Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Candied Violet- indigo blue/purple, and Gilded Ganache- gold/green) complete the assortment. There is a favorite color or two here for everyone; I have a hard time choosing, but Champagne Truffle, Marzipan, Salted Caramel and Cherry Cordial are some stand outs so far.
These colors are great for creating a multitude of both matte and shimmery looks, but generally I like to mix them and really throw in as many colors as I can to make everything blend really seamlessly. It is not a loud, in-your-face color selection but then again those kinds of palettes never really call my name or look right on me, even if they're good quality shadows. This is a palette for the everyday woman who prefers natural, romantic or softer smoky eyes for day or night.
The packaging really is adorable and looks great displayed. It smells divine. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Too Faced's packaging might be what drew me in, but the quality is what keeps me buying, and now I will be a fan for life.
The price ($49) is obviously higher than your run-of-the-mill drugstore palette, but those aren't offering the quantity and (generally) quality of the eyeshadows presented here, nor the unique packaging. IMO, it is worth every dollar and I hope they never discontinue this because I need it in my life!