Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 10/15/2017 12:54:00 PM

This was my first ever more high end purchase and boy was it a good one. This palette has stood the test of time and will continue to do so for many more years to come. I still remember the giddy feeling I got after buying it. I was in France (we don't have Too Faced here) and I was doubting so much because I didn't want to spend more after a pretty expensive citytrip so I initially walked away and continuing talking about that palette. So when we were in a shoe shop and I was still going off whetever or not I was wise to pass up on it, my friend turned to me and said:'''Please, just walk back and buy it. This is the only chance you will have and maybe then you will shut up''. So I basically ran back to Sephora, grabbed it and took a beeline for the cashier. Never regretted it.

The packaging is on point and for sure the trendsetter. The smell immediately got to me and when I first bought it, I often found myself just grabbing it, looking at it, smelling it and then putting it away lmao.
The shades are really good, with a few misses. The brown mattes are all on point. Good to blend, barely any kick up and the perfect base shades Then you have your pops of colors that could do with more pigmentation, but are good enough to build up and give you a beautiful eye look no matter what. However, the light pink matte Strawberry Bon Bon however is a let down and I feel like this could have been replaced by a rich, deep brown or something. Cherry Cordial is also slightly on the too chalky side and I have noticed this shade to fade sooner than the rest.

I reach for this palette more often in the fall and winter than I do in spring or summer, but I will forever treasure it and the moment it runs out, I will order a new one, for sure.

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

on 4/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This palette is a gorgeous neutral palette with very wearable warm and cool neutrals for all complexions. The pigmentation is excellent, and I've used every single color in this palette, which is something I've never done with any eyeshadow palette. The warm colors are neutral enough to be used for cool skin tones, which is unusual from my experience. Warm colors, even neutrals, pull orange on me, but I can wear these with ease.

The reason I didn't give this palette a 5 is that the shimmery shadows are too metallic looking for my aging eyes, and there are a couple of glittery colors, which aren't OTT glitter, but just enough to make me not want to wear them because the glitter is noticeable. This is unfortunate because the color combos with this palette are endless. There are a few matte shades, but not as many as I would've hoped.

I would still recommend this palette to anyone, and I will still use it, but I will reserve the high shimmer shades for evenings out.

This is a very versatile palette that offers many options. The colors are perfect for individuals who lean towards neutral, natural, earthy tones. The colors are are absolutely beautiful. About 95% of these shadows are highly pigmented and bendable. Like other reviewers had stated; the shimmery shadows are highly pigmented. Gilded Ganache and Candied Violet feel similar in texture and are a little rough to the touch. However these colors are still wearable and gorgeous. Applying them wet has personally helped me. The only color that did not work for me was Strawberry Bon Bon. It may be that my skintone is too dark for the color to show up on me. It is chalky and I have not been able to get it to stay and stick to my eyelids even with primer. In conclusion this palette is a must have in my collection. I wear almost everyday!!!

on 1/3/2017 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Such a nice neutral palette:) i got this last year when i went to mexico and i use it almost everyday its perfect. I dont even feel the need to buy any more eyeshadow because (i already have enough besides this) it has everything i need. Smells nice :) should know that couple of shades are more dry than the others so just use a good base and load your brush with the product. Btw the colour champagne truffle i think? Is really pretty as a face highlight!

on 12/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

I really enjoy all there eye shadow sets. I love the packaging that's the draw of it for me. The colors are great quite a few different ones that the usual to play around with. My favorite colors would be the triple fudge and gilded ganache. Great shimmer to 10 of the colors. Last a lot longer then The Balm shadow I just bought a couple weeks ago. I will definitely buy all their collections when I can afford them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The packaging feels very substantial, and it has a magnetic closure and a large mirror inside. The colors are all very wearable, and blend easily. The only thing I don't like is the fallout, especially with the glitter shades. After a couple hours, I am wearing more glitter under my eye than on it. The chocolate smell is crazy strong at first, and while it does subside, it's definitely still there.

on 12/16/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

An October birthday splurge for me. So, I have this for a couple of months. And loving it. I was in evil Ulta (finally became a rewards member) to buy another replacement for the Lorac Pro palette that I finally finished and I then decided, well, another 5 bucks I could get something better and smells good. And the pans are larger, too. I dithered between this and Semi-sweet. I chosed this because Semi-sweet pulled orange toned on my skin when I swatched it from the tester.

I used all the colors! Even the large frosty white one! (it pulls white on me and it is sheer enough, not over the top. Am so glad that there is no black shadow either!) I don't even use primer, it is that good! I use this every day, neglecting all the other palettes I have. ( I threw away the Tarte Tartlette matte palette after this-it wasn't working anymore and the shadows were getting hard.) And, I made quite a dent in some of the shadows, so I probably ended up buying another. Some of the shadows apply better with a sponge tip applicator. I use Cover Girls'. The light pink shadow I use as base and while sheer, it doesn't bother me.

The only con? While I love the chocolate smell, it diminished every time I open it. It was strong in the beginning in the first month, and now, in December, there is a faint smell of chocolate. Thought I put this out for those of you who are sensitive to smells, it does disappear.

on 11/23/2016 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am a sucker for high end palettes and perfumes and when i saw this, i immediately had to have it. It is adorably cute, the fact that it looks and smells (only vaguely mind you) of chocolate just makes it all the more sellable in my opinion. The one issue i have with it, is that some of the colours are significantly more transparent out of the palette, looking a lot darker inside the palette itself. So if you're looking to buy purely for the colours, you may need to either apply an extra layer or two or use a darker base colour. Either way. A beautiful, adorable palette, I'll be looking forward to more cute palettes from too faced in the future.

on 9/20/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This palette smells divine. Honestly, sometimes I pick it up and open it for no reason other than to smell it- it just smells soooo good, and of course the packaging is super cute, although it could be a little sturdier in my opinion. The eyeshadow range in this palette is pretty much perfect to me- a good mixture of shimmer and matte shades, plus mostly neutrals, with a few pops of colour that aren't over the top at all and great for those of us who are a little afraid of using bright colours. The pigmentation is also brilliant! This palette is pricey but in my opinion worth the money- a lovely palette to have in your makeup collection, plus it was the first high end eyeshadow palette I got so that makes it extra special to me. Highly recommended!