Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.7

on 10/18/2017 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it because I've wanted it forever. I tried to swatch all the colors and a lot of them swatch bad (chalky and bad pigmentation) even if I use a base. I am just disappointed. I also have makeup geek eyeshadows (my first high end purchase) which swatch and apply beautifully. It took me buying this to realize how good they are.

on 7/26/2017 1:24:00 AM

This was the palette that introduced me to high end makeup. I remember looking everywhere for an eye-shadow palette that had great colours with excellent pigmentation and performance. This palette ticked all the boxes. I have bought drugstore eye-shadows before to much dismay, as they looked great in the pan but were bland on the eyes. This palette was and continues to be my favourite eye-shadow palette and formula. Whenever I wear this it always gives me beautiful looks. I can do darker more sultry styles and Light everyday work makeup.

The shadows are creamy and soft without kickback or fall out. I love the shades and the pigment is as beautiful on the lid as in the pan. The shadows last all day with my Elf eye-shadow primer and they never look muddy. I love the smell and enjoy applying eye-shadow because of this palette. I will definitely always have this palette and can happily say I own other palettes like the semi sweet and peach because I love the line.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What's not to love about this incredibly lush palette? I've not felt the need to review it as there's been a massive buzz over it since it's release. But, I just repurchased the chocolate bar and I've fallen for it all over again, so I thought I'd share the love! The colors are decadent; the powders so buttery soft and blend like a dream! As a new MUA I find this palette works on every person, young or mature, and every skin type/color. The mattes are smooth and pigmented and the shimmers literally melt onto the lid to give that soft glowy (not glittery) pop! This palette has been a huge investment, as you can create every seasonal trend out there with it. You can do a soft, dreamy summer bridal to a dark smokey, club look. I reach for it time and time again over all of my other palettes. I will most certainly continue to repurchase!

On a side note: I wish Too Faced would bring out a trio palette with Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Hit pan on these three too quick, and I could use a couple of backups! 😄

on 1/30/2017 9:41:00 AM

I like this more than I thought I would. It was a gift and when I opened it I thought cute packaging but neutrals similar to what I have, plus a few colors I wouldn't wear (pink , sparkly purple...). But the colors are all gorgeous on with great texture and color payoff. I wear almost every shade and only find one shadow I feel is in need of improvement- the pale creamy beige I use on the brow bone. It's matte, nice color, but not enough color payoff. I offer go over it with a MAC shade like vanilla or orb. Love the rest and recommend

on 1/30/2017 7:36:00 AM

I love this palette, the package, the smell, the colors. Everything is stuninng. For this price you get many shadows compare to other paletts of too faced which have 9 colors and it costs 36 $. I used it everyday alone or combine it whith other paletts.

on 12/16/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

An October birthday splurge for me. So, I have this for a couple of months. And loving it. I was in evil Ulta (finally became a rewards member) to buy another replacement for the Lorac Pro palette that I finally finished and I then decided, well, another 5 bucks I could get something better and smells good. And the pans are larger, too. I dithered between this and Semi-sweet. I chosed this because Semi-sweet pulled orange toned on my skin when I swatched it from the tester.

I used all the colors! Even the large frosty white one! (it pulls white on me and it is sheer enough, not over the top. Am so glad that there is no black shadow either!) I don't even use primer, it is that good! I use this every day, neglecting all the other palettes I have. ( I threw away the Tarte Tartlette matte palette after this-it wasn't working anymore and the shadows were getting hard.) And, I made quite a dent in some of the shadows, so I probably ended up buying another. Some of the shadows apply better with a sponge tip applicator. I use Cover Girls'. The light pink shadow I use as base and while sheer, it doesn't bother me.

The only con? While I love the chocolate smell, it diminished every time I open it. It was strong in the beginning in the first month, and now, in December, there is a faint smell of chocolate. Thought I put this out for those of you who are sensitive to smells, it does disappear.

on 11/27/2016 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday gift from a good friend of mine.

The price ($50) is on par with what other mid-range/high end brands would price a similar sized palette. The packaging and scent are amazing!

The reason that I am not rating this palette very highly is that there is nothing about this palette other than the scent and packaging that makes it worth the hype. The color selection is pretty standard/meh. Some of the shades, specifically a matte pink called Strawberry Bon Bon and a matte bone color called White Chocolate, do not show up on my NC30 skin tone. For a palette of this price, having shadows that lack pigmentation is disappointing.

It's a nice enough palette but I think that there are other neutral palettes that do it a lot better than this one does (i.e. The Lorac Pro). I would not repurchase nor recommend this to a friend.

on 11/24/2016 1:26:00 AM

Mmmmm yummy smells like chocolate and the packaging what can I say I'm a sucker for packaging two-faced has some of the most smart packaging out there so girly and elegant at the same time just love all the products and this one here has wonderful pigmentation

on 10/3/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This eyeshadow palette is all you need. Such a great collection of natural colors for everyone. Pigmented and smooth with out any fallout or glitter. A must have!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another high standard too faced product. After owing (and loving) the too faced semi sweet for about a year my boyfriend treated me to the too faced chocolate bar palette. Ever single shade is usable on my skin (medium skin tone with neutral undertones).
Glided ganache - a shimmery green, goldish brown. This shade glitters, but it isn't chunky or rough to touch and there is no fall out.
White chocolate - creamy white matte. Perfect as a base colour to make other colours pop.
Milk chocolate - light matte brown. Perfect transitional colour. I also find it compliments my brown eyes.
Black Forest truffle - purpley brown shimmer shade. A very stand out shade in the palette, perfect when created a smoky eye.
Triple fudge - matte dark brown. Lovely as a crease colour for a brown & gold smoky eye.
Salted caramel - matte rust brown shade. Beautiful as a base for a gold eye look.
Marzipan - shimmery champagne gold coloured shadow. Quite possibly the most pigmented shade in the palette. This shade is definitely my favourite of the palette. It looks good blended with other shadows, in the inner corner or even alone on the lid.
Semi sweet - medium matte brown. The most natural brown eyeshadow colour. Really good as a transitional colour.
Strawberry Bon Bon - matte light pink shade. Not as pigmented as other shades but works as a base colour.
Candied violet - shimmery violet grey shade. Not a favourite shade of the palette as I don't feel it matches the warmth of the palette completely but I have found uses for it.
Amaretto - shimmery red brown. One of the most beautiful shades of the palette. Really beautiful lid colour (I pair with cherry cordial in the crease and marzipan patted in the corner of the lid).
Hazelnut - shimmery bronze. Beautiful crease colour for brown and gold eye make up.
Crème brûlée - shimmery gold shade. It's so pigmented and it is a nice gold shade, not looking yellow like some shadows tend to do.
Haute chocolate - shimmery light brown. It looks amazing on brown eyes paired with semi sweet.
Cherry cordial - burgundy rust red matte shade containing glitter. Lovely outer corner crease.
Champagne truffle - champagne pink highlight shade. Extremely pigmented, beautiful paired with any shade in the palette.

Every single shade is blendable and they all go so well together. This palette also suits my sister who is the opposite of me (she has blue eyes, pale skin). The signature chocolate smell is also as usual a very nice touch. I find it lasts 9+ hours with primer, also staying in place in 30+ degrees (Celsius / 86+ Fahrenheit) . When only taking this palett on a two week holiday I found myself easily able to create different looks all day, and I was not wishing I had other palettes there. I own around 18 palettes and this is fast becoming a favourite. The shadows are so buttery smooth so there are no issues packing product onto the brush.