Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What's not to love about this incredibly lush palette? I've not felt the need to review it as there's been a massive buzz over it since it's release. But, I just repurchased the chocolate bar and I've fallen for it all over again, so I thought I'd share the love! The colors are decadent; the powders so buttery soft and blend like a dream! As a new MUA I find this palette works on every person, young or mature, and every skin type/color. The mattes are smooth and pigmented and the shimmers literally melt onto the lid to give that soft glowy (not glittery) pop! This palette has been a huge investment, as you can create every seasonal trend out there with it. You can do a soft, dreamy summer bridal to a dark smokey, club look. I reach for it time and time again over all of my other palettes. I will most certainly continue to repurchase!

On a side note: I wish Too Faced would bring out a trio palette with Salted Caramel, Marzipan and Semi-Sweet. Hit pan on these three too quick, and I could use a couple of backups! 😄

on 6/4/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore the shades in the palette! Each one looks so exciting and like it would be fun to work with...however.. this does not meet my pigmentation standards AT ALL. Several shades look like they should be lighter than other shades but go on darker. Some are chalky, some won't blend. The quality just isn't there. Now the best part I think is the scent and the sturdy packaging. In my opinion only half of these shades actually go on and show up to do their job. I'm bummed because I was so SO excited to get this palette but it just missed the mark for me :/

I actually really love this palette! The packaging I hate to be honest but I don't let that affect my rating too much because I use this a lot. The purple color isn't the best. Probably the worst out of the palette not gonna lie but the rest are really great! Excluding the purple they are very pigmented and smell of cocoa! As my second too faced palette, I could not have chosen a better one.

on 4/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This palette is a gorgeous neutral palette with very wearable warm and cool neutrals for all complexions. The pigmentation is excellent, and I've used every single color in this palette, which is something I've never done with any eyeshadow palette. The warm colors are neutral enough to be used for cool skin tones, which is unusual from my experience. Warm colors, even neutrals, pull orange on me, but I can wear these with ease.

The reason I didn't give this palette a 5 is that the shimmery shadows are too metallic looking for my aging eyes, and there are a couple of glittery colors, which aren't OTT glitter, but just enough to make me not want to wear them because the glitter is noticeable. This is unfortunate because the color combos with this palette are endless. There are a few matte shades, but not as many as I would've hoped.

I would still recommend this palette to anyone, and I will still use it, but I will reserve the high shimmer shades for evenings out.

on 4/10/2017 11:59:00 AM

I got this palette over a half a year ago and I've loved it since day one. The chocolate bar palette is an incredibly popular palette for a reason. The shades are super blendable which makes it beginner-friendly too, there's the neutrals, the fun colors and the darkest color, "triple fudge", which proves that you don't always need black in the outer corner to make a stunning, dimensional eye look. Most shades I absolutely adore, such as salted caramel, marzipan, milk chocolate, semi sweet and champagne truffle. The neutrals aren't boring and they're very unique. There are amazing transitional shades and really pretty shimmers. Candied violet and strawberry bon bon are fun shades to play around with. This is my go-to palette when I'm travelling for example, it's so versatile. The smell is addicting, and recently, for example, my friend confessed to have been sniffing my palette while we were sharing a hotel room and I was having a shower, which I totally relate to. I'm so happy I made this purchase because I've learned so much through it and pretty much all of my favorite eye looks I've made with this palette!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes! The colours are stunning! The pigmentation is amazing and the smell is so heavenly! You can do countless looks and it lasts all day. Highly recommend 😄

on 2/28/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My everyday eyeshadow palette, I have a large collection of eyeshadow palettes and I literally use this every day for work and most of the time for going out on weekends - only reach for another if i need a pop of colour or I'm experimenting. The smell is amazing and I adore the packaging. The shadows blend out easily and have great pigment, all except the light pink shade which i find absolutely useless.

on 2/21/2017 11:08:00 AM

Honestly this palette is great. It's very pigmented and the colors are beautiful. If you are looking for a neutral palette that is capable of creating every look you need look no farther. Too Faced impressed me again, and they really blew this one out of the bag. So let's talk about the eyeshadows themself. So there are two highlight shades; one is matte and the other is shimmery. White Chocolate, the matte one, is a cream off-white color and is a great overall base. The shimmery one is called champagne truffle, and it is the perfect highlight shade. I also use this color as a cheek-bone highlight sometimes. Those 2 are really the only highlight shades in the palette. Okay, now let's talk about the mattes. There are 6 matte colors including white chocolate (the highlight shade). There is salted caramel (a deep skin toned/ pale orange), Semi- Sweet (a deep chocolate brown), Milk chocolate (a great transition/crease color, beige soft brown), Strawberry Bon- Bon (A pale pink, doesn't show up well on darker skintones), and lastly Triple Fudge(a dark- dark brown almost black). The rest are shimmer. There are 10 non-matte shades, and they vary in texture and finish. There is Gilded Ganache (a deep earthy green), Hazelnut (a brown with a sparkle finish), Marzipan, my favorite ( a rose-gold shimmery/glitter), Creme Brulee (gold version of marzipan), Haute Chocolate ( a deep dark brown), Cherry Cordial ( a deep burgundy), Candid Violet (a dark purple, shows up grey unless you use a lot), Black Forest Truffle ( a mixed berry color), and Amaretto (a lighter burgundy color). I use this palette everyday. It is so versatile. I can use it on days I have a big event, and also when Im just lounging around and want a little extra color. I recommend this pallet if you are drawn in by browns and earthy colors, and what's better than getting a small whiff of chocolate every now and then while your sitting at the office or walking through school ? My two favorite things combined. Makeup and chocolate!

This is a very versatile palette that offers many options. The colors are perfect for individuals who lean towards neutral, natural, earthy tones. The colors are are absolutely beautiful. About 95% of these shadows are highly pigmented and bendable. Like other reviewers had stated; the shimmery shadows are highly pigmented. Gilded Ganache and Candied Violet feel similar in texture and are a little rough to the touch. However these colors are still wearable and gorgeous. Applying them wet has personally helped me. The only color that did not work for me was Strawberry Bon Bon. It may be that my skintone is too dark for the color to show up on me. It is chalky and I have not been able to get it to stay and stick to my eyelids even with primer. In conclusion this palette is a must have in my collection. I wear almost everyday!!!

on 12/29/2016 8:52:00 PM

I really enjoy all there eye shadow sets. I love the packaging that's the draw of it for me. The colors are great quite a few different ones that the usual to play around with. My favorite colors would be the triple fudge and gilded ganache. Great shimmer to 10 of the colors. Last a lot longer then The Balm shadow I just bought a couple weeks ago. I will definitely buy all their collections when I can afford them.