Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

on 8/28/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette introduced me to the highend side of makeup. Endlessly trying to find a good eye-shadow palette at the drugstore/pharmacy proved fruitless, so I thought I should finally take the plunge and buy the Too Faced one. I didn't regret it...but it started me looking into the performance of higher end products, to the dismay of my pockets.

Since then I have owned many palettes but I am definitely pulled to this palette and it's not just because of the chocolate scent.

The colours are easy everyday wear shades which are even easier to apply with minimum fallout.

I used to think applying eye-shadow was an art, but the shades and blend-ability of these are what makes this a dream. The colours last all day with a primer (Elf) and don't look muddy when blended into one another.

The powders have never irritated my skin or eyes and they are smooth to touch. The metallic shades area just as beautiful as the mattes and complement each other.

I really do love this palette and all of the Too Faced line.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another high standard too faced product. After owing (and loving) the too faced semi sweet for about a year my boyfriend treated me to the too faced chocolate bar palette. Ever single shade is usable on my skin (medium skin tone with neutral undertones).
Glided ganache - a shimmery green, goldish brown. This shade glitters, but it isn't chunky or rough to touch and there is no fall out.
White chocolate - creamy white matte. Perfect as a base colour to make other colours pop.
Milk chocolate - light matte brown. Perfect transitional colour. I also find it compliments my brown eyes.
Black Forest truffle - purpley brown shimmer shade. A very stand out shade in the palette, perfect when created a smoky eye.
Triple fudge - matte dark brown. Lovely as a crease colour for a brown & gold smoky eye.
Salted caramel - matte rust brown shade. Beautiful as a base for a gold eye look.
Marzipan - shimmery champagne gold coloured shadow. Quite possibly the most pigmented shade in the palette. This shade is definitely my favourite of the palette. It looks good blended with other shadows, in the inner corner or even alone on the lid.
Semi sweet - medium matte brown. The most natural brown eyeshadow colour. Really good as a transitional colour.
Strawberry Bon Bon - matte light pink shade. Not as pigmented as other shades but works as a base colour.
Candied violet - shimmery violet grey shade. Not a favourite shade of the palette as I don't feel it matches the warmth of the palette completely but I have found uses for it.
Amaretto - shimmery red brown. One of the most beautiful shades of the palette. Really beautiful lid colour (I pair with cherry cordial in the crease and marzipan patted in the corner of the lid).
Hazelnut - shimmery bronze. Beautiful crease colour for brown and gold eye make up.
Crème brûlée - shimmery gold shade. It's so pigmented and it is a nice gold shade, not looking yellow like some shadows tend to do.
Haute chocolate - shimmery light brown. It looks amazing on brown eyes paired with semi sweet.
Cherry cordial - burgundy rust red matte shade containing glitter. Lovely outer corner crease.
Champagne truffle - champagne pink highlight shade. Extremely pigmented, beautiful paired with any shade in the palette.

Every single shade is blendable and they all go so well together. This palette also suits my sister who is the opposite of me (she has blue eyes, pale skin). The signature chocolate smell is also as usual a very nice touch. I find it lasts 9+ hours with primer, also staying in place in 30+ degrees (Celsius / 86+ Fahrenheit) . When only taking this palett on a two week holiday I found myself easily able to create different looks all day, and I was not wishing I had other palettes there. I own around 18 palettes and this is fast becoming a favourite. The shadows are so buttery smooth so there are no issues packing product onto the brush.

Pure hype!! If you have been saving money to splurge on a palette, DO NOT GET THIS! Yes the packaging is pretty and will look cute for your instagram feed, smells like chocolate blah blah but believe me, this is not worth your money. Apart from three shades that are unique and actually work and blend well - salted caramel, marzipan and champagne truffle- the rest is just pure crap. Three of the shades look exactly alike when swatched on the lid -amaretto, cherry cordial and hazelnut - you are lucky if it actually shows up other than a muddy brown and dont expect it to stay all day even with primer. Stawberry bon bon is just a chalky white. That said there are not much looks to experiment with this palette. Dont waste your money. You dont even have to buy it to know it sucks, swatch this is in the store and see for yourself. Go for makeup geek, inglot or the mac warm palette instead.

on 4/26/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This was the first high-end palette that I ever purchased. I was just getting into makeup and I remember I went to Sephora with a couple friends and we were basically drooling over the chocolate scent.

I use this palette almost every day. I love the shimmery shades and my favorite colors are cherry cordial, salted caramel, and triple fudge dark brown. I don't have particularly oily eyelids so it works fine without a primer, but I mean, I use a super cheap primer and it makes these colors look gorgeous and like I've just applied them even if I've been wearing them all day.

I stay away from the shades strawberry bon bon and white chocolate because I feel that they are a little bit chalky and just don't hold onto the brush long enough to get them to my face without having to stab the pan multiple times.

Many days I like to do a simple two color cut-crease and I find the rest of the shades to be very blendable. The lightest shimmery shade, champagne truffle is my favorite to apply as a "tear drop" or "tear dust", whatever that thing is called, because it really opens my eyes and has a soft pink color. When applying eyeliner afterwards the pen doesn't get stuck on the lid/shadow because the shadows are very smooth.

It's been about 7 months since I purchased this and I've only put a small dent in the colors that I use the most. Personally, with the exception of the two I stay away from, all of these colors are great and when I am looking to buy a palette I always compare to this and see if I have something similar already because I think there is a great mix of colors: shimmer, matte, brown, a little gold, a purple, and even an orange-y red.

Buy again? If I didn't, it would have nothing to do with the product, it would only be because I would opt for the semi-sweet since I haven't tried that one yet. But there's no way I could lose this!!

on 4/1/2016 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette! As much as I love my reliable Urban Decay Naked palette, the chocolate bar palette may be my new favourite. This has all the neutral shades you need plus it has a few non neutral colours to change an eye makeup look up a bit. If you love neutral eye shadows and want to try something a bit different I would defiantly recommend. This is a really versatile palette and the shadows have a beautiful texture and blend like a dream. Plus it smells of chocolate!

Hi Guys! Today I'm reviewing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette. I recieved this palette a few weeks ago from my friend who LOVES makeup, she bought me this palette and the Kat Von D Shade+Light palette for Christmas! I absolutely love this palette, it smells amazing and all of the colors are so cool and blendable! Before she gave me this palette I had been watching YouTube reviews for it and I guess that the names of all the different shadows used to be on a sheet of plastic that came with the palette, but now they are actually printed on the packaging underneath the shadow. I love that! I knew that I would probably eventually lose the sheet of plastic and not know the names, so I was happy to learn that the updated palette featured that. My favorite shadows are Marzipan, Candied Violet, Cherry Cordial and Strawberry Bon Bon. I like that about half of the shadows are metallic and the other half are matte. The packaging is also very cute, it is metal and it looks just like a chocolate bar!
I think that this palette would be a good first palette for people who ae just entering the makeup world. I didn't buy this, my friend did, but I think it costs about $40.
Happy Buying!

on 11/13/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was definitely intrigued when I saw this palette being praised by many MUA's so thought I would jump on the bandwagon and go for it as well. So so happy with the texture, blend-ability and wear of these shadows. Best yet, I have sensitive skin and this eye shadow palette caused absolutely no reactions (redness, bumps, itchy-ness). There are a total of 6 velvet matte shades and 10 shimmering shades. The shades are a mix of neutrals, bronze, plums, pinks and chocolate hues. The holding powder of the shadows in my experience was 8+ hours without any budging so they can be potentially considered semi-water resistant in my opinion. I LOVE the cocoa powder scent (the eyeshadows are infused with 100% cocoa powder) along with the chocolate bar shaped packaging; very clever and cute! Great value for the price considering there are a multitude of looks that can be created with this palette which makes it fun to experiment with. I created a few different smokey eye looks using this palette on Youtube. Links are down below.....

on 7/3/2015 2:42:00 PM

I love this palette. I heard thousands of people saying that the smell was so yummy and that it's a selling factor, it wasn't for me, I don't find the scent neither as strong nor pleasant as everyone describes it, it's just chocolate not like 'omg i wanna eat it'. The colors are super wearable and pigmented, also they blend amazingly.

Pros:
Super pigmented and bendable shades
Very easy to use on a daily basis
Nice packaging

Cons:
Pricey
Chocolate scent that is not as strong as expected (to me)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to palatte! I love it. You can make any look you want with this. The pigment is spot on. The range of colors is great. The product lasts on the eye from day to night and night to day. They have shimmer colors, mattes, and two great highlights. If you dont have a palatte and are looking to get one, this one is a great place to start!

Texture = Fine and Creamy
Smell = Like Chocolate Heaven
Use = Very Versatile
Wear = Very Long Wearing

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so we've allllll heaard about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was one of the slow people to get this product but boy was it worth the wait! This palette is so amazing!! It is so pigmented, the colours are incredible! It even smells like chocolate. Enough said! haha. This is a palette you must have in your collection girls! I bought mine from Mecca Maxima for $65 but I know you can get it off the Too Faced website for around $45, which is even better! I had a gift card which is why I paid so much. There are 16 amazing colours to choose from all named after a chocolate or some sort of sweet. My favourites would have to be White Chocolate, Marzipan, Amaretto and Black Forest Truffle. This palette can be an everyday use or even for just special occasions. You can create so many looks with this palette and if you don't now where to start it comes with a little booklet to get you started with some beautiful looks.