Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 1/1/2014 12:04:00 AM

I received this a couple days ago from Sephora.com, I had been waiting for this to get in stock, as it is described as a neutral toned palette and I am obsessed with nude palettes. This and my OCC 12 mini tube collection were my 2 most anticipated purchases on this haul.

I have had a chance to play around with the palette and like all Too Faced eyeshadows, this offering does not disappoint. There are 16 neutral (nude) shadows with 8 rich mattes and 8 shimmers. This palette does not contain anything over the top as far as textures, colors, etc. so it is a great work palette. The shimmer selection has some that are more shimmery than others but they are all workable and again there is nothing over the top. The mattes are rich and velvet like, nothing powdery or chalky. I applied all shadows with primer, I like to use both UDPP and TFSI and switch back and forth regularly, I did not experience fall out with any of the shadows. The palette is well designed with 2 larger pans containing base/highlight colors that one will definitely use more than the other colors.

When I first opened the palette I was taken by surprise as the box looks like the wrapper of a chocolate bar, the tin is milk chocolate colored and sculpted to look like a chocolate bar that is pre-divided into sections. The biggest surprise was when I opened the tin and caught a whiff, it smells like cocoa too...scrumptious! As with all Too Faced eyeshadow palettes, they do include a pamphlet with ideas and instructions for using the product to achieve some looks.

I can see where I am going to enjoy using this palette, not only are the shadows nice but the packaging reminds me of Willy Wonka and finding a golden ticket or something.

When I first saw this product I knew I had to have it. The chocolate theme and the coco-powder smell was just too irresistible.
I was so excited to finally get my hands on one, but I was very disappointed by the packaging quality.
The tin box itself is very thin and vulnerable to dents (there was already a dent on mine before I purchased it!) In addition, the magnetic closure on the lid itself was very weak and the lid easily flings open. The lid gives in when you press on it, making the box feel very cheap. For a moment I thought perhaps it was just that one palette itself, so I asked the sales person to get me another palette from storage. It was just as flimsy as the first, if not worse.
I was expecting a sleek, sturdy palette ( with the feel and dimensions of a Hershey Bar). However much I love the cuteness of this palette, I do NOT feel safe traveling with it.
For such price (50$), I expect better quality packaging. I will go to another store again and make sure that it isn't just my palette came from a bad bulk/package. I really do love the smell, colors, and quality of the eye shadows. I recommend this to people who like collecting eye shadows, but not to people who need a versatile palette for everyday use.

I LOVE this palette. I couldn't stop thinking about it when I saw it! It may look a little gimmicky, but its not that way! Too Faced just went the extra mile and they get 5 stars on the cuteness factor. The the colors are one of a kind, also, I discovered. I was reluctant because of the price, but it is the same price as the Naked palettes. I was also reluctant because I thought it looked similar to my Naked palette. Only a couple look similar. There are a lot of reddish tones in with the browns which I love.

Color: Color pay-off is absolutely wonderful! All the colors are so pretty. I paired Strawberry bon bon with cherry cordial and oh wow, I love this feminine pink color with this beautiful burgundy.

Price: The price is steep, but the quality of the makeup itself is 5/5.

Packaging: Its REALLY cute, but the tin is a little flimsy, and some of the shadows are a tad chalky. and $49.... Thats why I gave this 4 out of 5 stars.

BUT I LOVE THIS OVERALL!!!!

I am absolutely in love with this palette! I love the color pay off of these eyeshadows. I thought at first that this palette was going to be a let down but I gave it a try and I am so impressed. If your debating whether to get the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette or this one, I would definitely go with this one just because I feel like theres a nice variation of lighter and darker shades. Once you open this palette it smells alot like chocolate but after a while the smell settles down a bit, it doesnt bother me at all. The only thing that I didnt like was the plastic film with the eyeshadow names on it. The film has fell off a couple of times when I have opened the palette. Other than that I have no complaints. I say go for this palette and I promise you you'll fall in love!

on 1/16/2014 3:20:00 PM

I've been waiting for the pallet to come out in the stores so I could try it first and finally got mine at Ulta. 16 shadows 4 are true mattes and rest are satin, shimmer and metalic. The package is AWESOME and I don't often say that (It's functional it works) but I really do like this metal pallet with a decent mirror. It does not come with any brushes but there is a little booklet with some seperating cards with different looks. No other extras. Yes and everyone will tell you the shadows smell like Chocolate. I found out accidently and I don't know if anyone noticed they are also sweet tasting. When I was swatching I tried using white chocolate on my cupids bow and realized yes ladies it TASTES. If your sensitive or allegic to Chocolate stay away this is made with coco powder so food allergies be aware!In playing with the colors here is what I have:

Gilded Ganche - dark brown w/warm carmel bronze shimmer

White Chocolate - Warm pale beige Matte

Milk Chocolate - Med dark warm brown with reddish tone matte

Black Forrest Truffel - Dark brown warm burgendy with bronze shimmers this one is more metalic

triple fudge - matte dark natural brown

Salted Carmel (my favorite) warm muted orange/brown matte great blender

Marzipan slightly metallic frosted peachy

semi sweet - med red brown matte kind of powdery but buildable

strawberry Bon Bon - The big surprise for me a cool matte pink very soft and blendable

Candied Violette (my biggest disapointment) looks so purple and yummy in the pan REALLY light and you gotta work hard to make it work. I'm lite toned and got very little payoff

Armaretto - Warm Med Brown w/frost

Hazelnut med dark bronze sheen

Creme Brulee - Dark Gold Bronze Sheen

Haute Chocolate - Dark Brown Frosted

Cherry Cordial - Warm Plum/brown it's sparkly but more matte (beautiful)

Champagne Truffel - Bright pink toned white with gold sheen. Building it will give you a metalic look.

Ladies I can say yes it's another neutral pallet but I have all the Naked pallets and this will work right in with all of them. There are some close dupes but not exact the possibilites are endless. I am very happy and look forward to playing with this!

I anxiously awaited the release of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette, and ordered it as soon as it became available through Sephora online.

I prefer neutral shadows for everyday, and like a choice between matte/satin/shimmery shades. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette has become my go-to palette for daily use. The majority of shadows in the palette lean towards warm shades.

The palette offers a good balance of highlighting/medium-toned (blending)/dark shades. I find the formula to be soft, buttery, with excellent pigmentation and minimal fallout.

However, I *always* use a primer or base with powder eyeshadows, and when I want exceptional depth of color, use a sponge-tip applicator to pat the shadows on, then proceed to blend with a brush.

The case is sturdy and sleek, and I don't have to worry about the shadows breaking if it gets jostled around in my bag.

I happen to love the chocolate scent of the shadows (which comes from the addition of real cocoa to the formula, NOT an artificial chocolate scent). But, if you are particularly sensitive to scents in general, or the scent of chocolate in particular (are there people who don't like the smell of chocolate??), then you may want to pass on this palette.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This product is amazing! I have wanted it for so long. It is a bit pricy and I wasn't sure if the colors were too much like the naked pallets, but that is not the case! The only thing about this product is the thickness of the actual pallete. It is going to fill up a lot of room when traveling.. But worth it! all the colors are made with coca so it smells just like chocolate! But not in a gross way lol.. These eyeshadows have no fall out and a great color path! I highly recommend this product!

on 2/24/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of the BEST palettes out there hands down. I just finally got this a few weeks ago and find myself reaching for it almost everyday. Tons of neutral colors and some deep colors as well. As with all Too Faced palettes there are two extra large shadows. The whole palette is extremely pigmented and soft. So many looks with this and smells like chocolate. The packaging is so cute, looks like a chocolate bar. I think this is worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I honestly try not to be one of those people who gives into the hype over a product. I have enough eyeshadows and I'm not a beauty guru. So when this came out, I had no desire of buying it even though I saw it all over YouTube. After passing it multiple times in ulta, I'm like "what's the big deal?" It's a neutral palette like 476538964 out there palettes are. But HUGE THANKS to HSN for offering $20 off this palette! So if you can, please check it out because you get the palette and a full sized shadow insurance for $29. What an unheard of crazy deal!

Onto the review - pigmentation is on point. Blendability - on point. Color selection - on point. And while there probably is a lot of similar colors to the Naked 1 palette, Lorac Pro, etc I'm utterly obsessed with this one. It's shimmery but not in a way that the colors can't be distinguished. Sometimes I feel like UD eyeshadows gets so shimmery that all the colors mix together, looking like a mess on my lids - I can't see the difference between the lid, crease, and outer v shades. There is little fallout which I appreciate and the colors are so versatile that you can create any daytime/night time look you want. There's even a purple in there for days you're feeling bold. I haven't used all the colors though I'll make it a goal to do so. I'm so in love and I highly recommend this palette over the Nakeds. I would even pay full price for this, it's just that good.

The only ONE con (which isn't a big deal) is there is no black eyeshadow. Black is always blah, no one cares really about it in a palette but you truly appreciate it once you don't have it lol. It's not the end of the world if you if you don't have the most dramatic smoky eye but given the color selection, black would have been very complementary. If you miss the HSN deal, I would still suggest giving this palette a try. You get 4 extra shades for $3 less than the Naked Palettes. Great deal. I'm not picky about scents but if for some reason you don't enjoy the smell of chocolate, then that should be the only reason not to buy it lol. Save your money on other palettes and invest in this one.

I have been eying this for some time. I finally bought it last weekend with the encouragement of a friend. I love it. The smell of chocolate is so soothing. I use UD lid primer underneath and have been using this with my Naked Basics and UD Ammo pallette. It is great on its own as well. I am fairly new to the eyeshadow obsession, and this makes me happy every time I use it. There is no fall-out either which is great. The shimmer is very slight on some, and it stays put all day. I used to put eyeshadow on quickly every day. Before I used primer, I found it would be gone by noon. So if you are having trouble with staying power...try eye primer!