Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 4/9/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This palette is so good, I like it because it has some fun colors mixed with neutrals and it's perfect for begginers or people who love warm-neautral eyeshadows. Every color in this palette blends flawless, it smells delicious,
There are only 2 things that I don't like so much but I don't care:
The brown satin shades are almost the same and the purple shade is imposible to work with.
I love it and I will buy it again <3

on 3/11/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this palette. In OG chocolate bars, I am semi sweet, this, and bon bons. This creates great work looks, neutral eyes, and just basic eye looks. It's perfect. The formula is soft and creamy, it doesn't fade, and you just can't go wrong. Definitely one of my top 5 and I have 20+ palettes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just purchased this week and was disappointed to note that the chocolate scent is faint as ever.

This really is a brown-lover's palette. So many variations of brown shades. It's not a bad thing if you like that. I love that they have large pans for the all over lid shades. Quality is good! Candied Violet sucks but I didn't buy the palette for that shade anyways. I think it's a good neutral palette, great for beginners or those who really suck at makeup haha.

on 2/11/2018 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price-$49.00- purchased at Sephora- Will not repurchase

Honestly, this palette never wowed me when I first got it and my opinion never changed. It mostly just sits in the drawer now. I wonder how well this would have sold if it didn’t smell like chocolate and didn’t have gimmicky packaging. I think it is overpriced too. I just expected more. I do like that the names are on the shadows in the palette and it does have a nice mirror and the palette itself is sturdy.

There are some pretty shimmers in the palette but they are dry, not that impressive and don’t stay on long. I don’t like glitter and 4 of them have glitter. The shimmers are not as pigmented as the mattes but I don't care too much for the mattes in the palette either, some feel chalky to me. I have a difficult time getting some of these shades to blend and when blended they just look muddy. I feel like there is not enough color pay off and pigment for the price of this palette. Some days I love the smell of the chocolate and other days I find it nauseating. White chocolate and salted caramel are almost gone, the other colors I just never use that much. It is just underwhelming to me, the colors, the pigment, ease of blending, end result…. Just doesn’t work for me. Some days I use some of the mattes by themselves with a dab of a darker color on the outer corner. I’ve given up trying to blend several colors to create a look I love. I’m not sure I will use this after white chocolate and salted caramel are gone. I will probably give it to one of my nieces.

Shades include:(from Ulta website)

Matte (6):
• Milk Chocolate (muted brown matte)
• White Chocolate (creamy beige matte)
• Triple Fudge (deep grey brown)
• Salted Caramel (soft fawn matte)
• Semi-Sweet (medium brown matte)
• Strawberry Bon Bon (soft pale pink matte)

Matte with Fine Glitter (3):
• Gilded Ganche (dark espresso with gold sparkle)
• Black Forest Truffle (plum chocolate with golden sparkle)
• Cherry Cordial (deep plum brown with purple sparkle)

Pearl with Fine Glitter (1):
• Candied Violet (deep plum brown with purple sparkle)

Metallic (6):
• Marzipan (rose gold pearl)
• Amaretto (deep pinky bronze)
• Hazlenut (deep pinky bronze)
• Creme Brulee (antique gold peal)
• Haute Chocolate (medium bronze brown)
• Champagne Truffle (ballet slipper pink pearl)

on 10/15/2017 12:54:00 PM

This was my first ever more high end purchase and boy was it a good one. This palette has stood the test of time and will continue to do so for many more years to come. I still remember the giddy feeling I got after buying it. I was in France (we don't have Too Faced here) and I was doubting so much because I didn't want to spend more after a pretty expensive citytrip so I initially walked away and continuing talking about that palette. So when we were in a shoe shop and I was still going off whetever or not I was wise to pass up on it, my friend turned to me and said:'''Please, just walk back and buy it. This is the only chance you will have and maybe then you will shut up''. So I basically ran back to Sephora, grabbed it and took a beeline for the cashier. Never regretted it.

The packaging is on point and for sure the trendsetter. The smell immediately got to me and when I first bought it, I often found myself just grabbing it, looking at it, smelling it and then putting it away lmao.
The shades are really good, with a few misses. The brown mattes are all on point. Good to blend, barely any kick up and the perfect base shades Then you have your pops of colors that could do with more pigmentation, but are good enough to build up and give you a beautiful eye look no matter what. However, the light pink matte Strawberry Bon Bon however is a let down and I feel like this could have been replaced by a rich, deep brown or something. Cherry Cordial is also slightly on the too chalky side and I have noticed this shade to fade sooner than the rest.

I reach for this palette more often in the fall and winter than I do in spring or summer, but I will forever treasure it and the moment it runs out, I will order a new one, for sure.

I actually really love this palette! The packaging I hate to be honest but I don't let that affect my rating too much because I use this a lot. The purple color isn't the best. Probably the worst out of the palette not gonna lie but the rest are really great! Excluding the purple they are very pigmented and smell of cocoa! As my second too faced palette, I could not have chosen a better one.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes! The colours are stunning! The pigmentation is amazing and the smell is so heavenly! You can do countless looks and it lasts all day. Highly recommend 😄

I absolutely LOVE my chocolate bar palette!! The color combos within it work very well with my green eyes and fair skin! The individual colors are extremely blendable and pigmented. The mattes are creamy and feel amazing on your eyes! The shimmer shades are a bit less pigmented but are buildable so you can get your desired shade! The palette is all together fairly cheap due to the fact that Too Faced is a high end brand.

on 2/21/2017 11:08:00 AM

Honestly this palette is great. It's very pigmented and the colors are beautiful. If you are looking for a neutral palette that is capable of creating every look you need look no farther. Too Faced impressed me again, and they really blew this one out of the bag. So let's talk about the eyeshadows themself. So there are two highlight shades; one is matte and the other is shimmery. White Chocolate, the matte one, is a cream off-white color and is a great overall base. The shimmery one is called champagne truffle, and it is the perfect highlight shade. I also use this color as a cheek-bone highlight sometimes. Those 2 are really the only highlight shades in the palette. Okay, now let's talk about the mattes. There are 6 matte colors including white chocolate (the highlight shade). There is salted caramel (a deep skin toned/ pale orange), Semi- Sweet (a deep chocolate brown), Milk chocolate (a great transition/crease color, beige soft brown), Strawberry Bon- Bon (A pale pink, doesn't show up well on darker skintones), and lastly Triple Fudge(a dark- dark brown almost black). The rest are shimmer. There are 10 non-matte shades, and they vary in texture and finish. There is Gilded Ganache (a deep earthy green), Hazelnut (a brown with a sparkle finish), Marzipan, my favorite ( a rose-gold shimmery/glitter), Creme Brulee (gold version of marzipan), Haute Chocolate ( a deep dark brown), Cherry Cordial ( a deep burgundy), Candid Violet (a dark purple, shows up grey unless you use a lot), Black Forest Truffle ( a mixed berry color), and Amaretto (a lighter burgundy color). I use this palette everyday. It is so versatile. I can use it on days I have a big event, and also when Im just lounging around and want a little extra color. I recommend this pallet if you are drawn in by browns and earthy colors, and what's better than getting a small whiff of chocolate every now and then while your sitting at the office or walking through school ? My two favorite things combined. Makeup and chocolate!

This is a very versatile palette that offers many options. The colors are perfect for individuals who lean towards neutral, natural, earthy tones. The colors are are absolutely beautiful. About 95% of these shadows are highly pigmented and bendable. Like other reviewers had stated; the shimmery shadows are highly pigmented. Gilded Ganache and Candied Violet feel similar in texture and are a little rough to the touch. However these colors are still wearable and gorgeous. Applying them wet has personally helped me. The only color that did not work for me was Strawberry Bon Bon. It may be that my skintone is too dark for the color to show up on me. It is chalky and I have not been able to get it to stay and stick to my eyelids even with primer. In conclusion this palette is a must have in my collection. I wear almost everyday!!!